Week 2: Springfield at Gallatin

JacketLover

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding game tonight. The first two minutes of the second half were back breakers for the Jackets, and then the TD on 3rd and long on the screen pass by the Wave was a huge play. Proud of the effort and fight shown by Springfield.

Pretty much sums it up for Jacket fans , have to limit our penalties , that's two weeks in a row , against a good team it's hard to overcome 100 yards in penalties. Hoping Gardner can get back from his injury and give Bigbee a breather occasionally. Great high school football atmosphere tonight at the Wave Yard. Good luck to the Wave the rest of the year , this is how this old time rivalry was meant to be , both teams laying it all out to the final whistle.

Let me tell ya, that was just as advertised! When Springfield jumped out in front I thought, oh here we go again! Both teams battled hard. Some good licks by both squads and some big plays too. Springfield should be tough for any team they face. I am pulling for ya'll to make some noise this year. Your defense is good and stopping Bigbee is really tough. Fix those penalties which really hurt the Jackets tonight and things should be good for a great year. Best of luck.

How is Gardner? He came in for one play and looked ok then that was it. Granted he lost yardage but he stretched the field.

Hopefully he is 100% next week. Is it me or does Mason sometimes not run as hard as he should? It appeared to me he could do a little more possibly, but I am far from an expert but he is a very talented young man no doubt.

It has been fun posting on the 5A/6A threads for a week. Now we go back to the less active posters on the 3A/4A threads.

Hopefully he is 100% next week. Is it me or does Mason sometimes not run as hard as he should? It appeared to me he could do a little more possibly, but I am far from an expert but he is a very talented young man no doubt.

It has been fun posting on the 5A/6A threads for a week. Now we go back to the less active posters on the 3A/4A threads.

Seems to have ran hard to me. He had about 185 yards on 29 carries. I believe fatigue played a role and maybe some cramping happened toward the end.

Sometimes I think he waits for the holes to open but fatigue does play a huge factor. His last 10 carries were definitely not as effective as his first 20. However you have to realize he was getting gang tackled every play! Mason is carrying the load early so hopefully Gallatin can find a little help offensively to relieve him some. If and when that happens...look out!!

I thought we learned some things about this year's Jackets team last night.

1) As good of a player as Isaiah is he still needs a second back to spell him and keep opponent's defense from keying on him.  Last night without Allan playing significant snaps and Daniel Lawson's ejection, Isaiah was slowed up as the Wave stacking the Box to stop him.  Buckner answered the bell by ripping off a 60 yard QB keeper that nearly was a score proving he is a true option. 

2) During the difficult third quarter, I thought the Jackets would start dropping their heads, instead we steeled our collective spines and kept playing.  Coach Wilson is teaching life lessons as well as football lessons.  Life isn't always easy and you got to keep going.

3) After the horn sounded, I watched the Gallatin student body spill on the field and celebrate with the players. I felt like we had taken a step forward and earned some respect from a storied program and a knowledgeable fan base.  Gallatin acted as if this was a quality win.   

We CAN'T continue to  have all these penalties.  We played a pretty clean first half but the second half was a different story.  Even when we were ahead last night, it seemed as if Gallatin was the one in the lead.   We took a couple of steps forwarded last night now to continue our move to be included in the conversation.  

Edited by TheCommissioner