West vs Sevier County

gobears89

Should be a good game. I don't know how good West is this season, but SC is a solid football team.

Thank You for the great response to Sevier County being solid. I made the trip out to Cleveland to support the Smoky Bears. I love youre campus and the fans was very nice and knowledgable kudos to a very respectful Cleveland Program..    :mrgreen:

As for the game Thursday night after watching West play and Sevier County. West has some work to do and I think Sevier County may be a few steps ahead of the West program at this time. But if West fixes the problems like I believe they will improve immensely by game time in there practices. You could flip a coin and get a better chance on the pick. But being a Smoky Bear fan I hope they don't and Sevier County wins. 24 - 13. Yes West misses or gets a extra point blocked. And my pick if West improves. (COIN FLIPS) Its West by 1.

Edited by fsutandem

Cleveland has some very good athletes and can make a great response to the rest of there season. There defense was very solid and good enough to hold games close for the Cleveland offense to catch up. Cummings has done a wonderful job with those kids.

I talked to a few of the smokey bear fans at the game. Nice folks. Good luck rest of the way.

West always starts the season slow. Even last year everyone was saying they weren't great bc they only beat Karns 39-0 and their performances against Farragut and Cleveland were sub par despite winning by a decent margin.

Obviously this team is nowhere near their caliber of talent but they still have some great young players and are learning a new system. They may not win this Thursday but a perfect season is not the goal...making the playoffs and playing ur best ball in November is.

These teams could very well play again in the playoffs and that game will be more important.

All that being said I see Sevier County winning bc of their talented backfield by at least 10. However, if West somehow wins this game, I'm sure a lot of people will still say they don't deserve to be in the top 10 in 5A.

Go West!

People keep saying IF we had Seth and Nathan we would have blown them out,but we DONT so everyone needs to understand that and also this coach didn't inherit a veteran team!Go Rebels

He has veterans and he has talent - just not in the same positions as last year. I can fondly remember last year without disrespecting this year's team.