Spring Hill at McGavock

wingman10

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be a little easy with the "terrible" comment on Summit,,,,,, young team coming into thier own,,,dedicated boys who won't back down,,,,,teams that beat them will remember,, good coaching staff doing the right thing,,,,, they will get some wins this year ,,,,

Interested to see who u think summit will beat? This week might be their only shot next or Lebanon ? I think they might win 1 game

Interested to see who u think summit will beat? This week might be their only shot next or Lebanon ? I think they might win 1 game

Like I said "some wins" ,,,,,who's those come against who knows that's why the game gets played,,,,, that being said my comment revolved around the classification of "terrible"......the history of Summit is minimal at best,,,,football program is going into its 6th season,,,the first two of which saw fresh and soph playing 6A varsity ball.....and a coaching change that was implemented at the start of last season with Coach Coleman.......and things are looking up......

The increase in # of players has begun starting with this years junior class,,,,, the team that takes the field this season is not "terrible" they are young,,,and experienced and battle hardened....and very good athletes......

So before calling a team terrible,,,,,make sure you know the background.... Again hope whoever you are pulling for has a safe and enjoyable season,,,,,,Cheers!!!!!

Edited by TGUN

Too much hype around the spring hill program, I do believe the program is in better hands and is turning around.... but they aren't going to have this miracle season that the coaches are hyping up. They struggled against a terrible summit team, will get beat by McGavok by more than 2 scores and will finish the year a dismal 5-5 .

Summit - W

McGavok - L

Page - W

Dickson - W

Tullahoma - W

Giles - L

Father Ryan - L

Marshall Co - L

Lipscomb Academy - L

Lawrence Co - W

You do realize that, with that schedule they were forced to put together, 5-5 would be anything but dismal, right? This outcome would also put them right where they want to be and in the playoffs again.

By the way, alot of coaches out there must have thought that they had a chance to do something good this year because virtually no similar sized schools, in the area, wanted to schedule an out of region game with them. Columbia, who they had played fourteen straight years, backed out on Spring Hill. Spring Hill, who only beat Columbia once over that span in 2003, scheduled Columbia repeatedly over last decade knowing they had little chance of beating them. The roles, for once, reversed and Columbia pulls a quick one right before the schedule was finalized last winter. This forced Spring Hill to scramble on what was already a difficult schedule to put together. Again, hardly ANYONE in the area wanted to schedule Spring Hill out of region. Based on what I heard, it was ridiculous.

Edited by Vol5198

Like I said "some wins" ,,,,,who's those come against who knows that's why the game gets played,,,,, that being said my comment revolved around the classification of "terrible"......the history of Summit is minimal at best,,,,football program is going into its 6th season,,,the first two of which saw fresh and soph playing 6A varsity ball.....and a coaching change that was implemented at the start of last season with Coach Coleman.......and things are looking up......

The increase in # of players has begun starting with this years junior class,,,,, the team that takes the field this season is not "terrible" they are young,,,and experienced and battle hardened....and very good athletes......

So before calling a team terrible,,,,,make sure you know the background.... Again hope whoever you are pulling for has a safe and enjoyable season,,,,,,Cheers!!!!!

I agree with most of what you're saying, but Summit did not play 6A ball in their first two years of play, in 2011, 12. They were in District 12-AA those two years and would've been 4-A in the playoffs. They did play with all freshman and sophomores, which is a Williamson County policy for upstart schools, but they did NOT play 6-A those two years. But, yes they look greatly improved from last year. That type of running game, when executed right, could give some people fits this year

You do realize that with that schedule they were forced to put together that 5-5 would be anything but dismal, right? This outcome would also out them right where they want to be and in the playoffs again.

By the way, alot or coaches out there must have thought that they had a chance to do something good this year because virtually no similar sized schools, in the area, wanted to schedule an out of region game with them. Columbia, who they had played fourteen straight years, backed out on Spring Hill. Spring Hill, who only beat Columbia once over that span, scheduled Columbia repeatedly over last decade knowing they had little chance of beating them. The roles, for once, reversed and Columbia pulls a quick one right before the schedule was finalized last winter. This forced Spring Hill to scramble on what was already a difficult schedule to put together. Again, hardly ANYONE wanted in the area wanted to schedule Spring Hill out of region. Based on what I heard, it was ridiculous.

new thread posted

I agree with most of what you're saying, but Summit did not play 6A ball in their first two years of play, in 2011, 12. They were in District 12-AA those two years and would've been 4-A in the playoffs. They did play with all freshman and sophomores, which is a Williamson County policy for upstart schools, but they did NOT play 6-A those two years. But, yes they look greatly improved from last year. That type of running game, when executed right, could give some people fits this year

Thanks for the clarification on the divisions,,,,, we weren't around then but going off of what I heard,,,,, 2013 is when murders row showed up,,,,,, still a tough schedule this year,,,, take care and again best of luck....

Thanks for the clarification on the divisions,,,,, we weren't around then but going off of what I heard,,,,, 2013 is when murders row showed up,,,,,, still a tough schedule this year,,,, take care and again best of luck....

Thank you. You too.

Edited by Vol5198