Spring Hill at McGavock

wingman10

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not many T Posters from McGavock ? Spring Hill. Love the old football field and setting at McGavock..a lot of alumni with pride from McGavock. Spring Hill should win, but I am hoping McGavock gets the w

McGavock wins this one

This isn't the same old McGavock.. They are a VERY good football team. I'd be willing to bet they win 8 games this year.

Edited by CommandoBlood100

Easier said than done,,,,,, but stop Oden SPH QB on the ground and you take away 60% of their offense,,,,,,,

Uh, wouldn't this be said about any good quarterback when taking away their best attribute? A good quarterback's stats, even at the highest level and when considering passing stats, would account for 50% or more of a teams total offense... Try again...

Oden is very good. Though if you think they're one dimensional, then you haven't seen this team in the preseason, last week, or most of last year. Most people don't even realize that Oden missed two full games last year and still managed to score 60+ points in those two wins. Granted, neither one of those games were against a team the quality of McGavock.

Uh, wouldn't this be said about any good quarterback when taking away their best attribute? A good quarterback's stats, even at the highest level and when considering passing stats, would account for 50% or more of a teams total offense... Try again...

Oden is very good. Though if you think they're one dimensional, then you haven't seen this team in the preseason, last week, or most of last year. Most people don't even realize that Oden missed two full games last year and still managed to score 60+ points in those two wins. Granted, neither one of those games were against a team the quality of McGavock.

What I am saying is balance....... SPH has a good team and athletes,,, well coached,,,,.... I was at the game last week and saw the runnng attack which was was most impressive when Oden had the ball,,,, rushed for 200 yds / 2 tds / passd for 159 and 1 td..... not easily replaceable........ Summits defense is made up of 8 juniors and 3 sophmores,,,, saw the persnal foul which resulted in a starting SPH defenders ejection,,,,They are a good team dont get me wrong,,,,,, just IMO Oden carries that team and the drop off from a balance perspective is to great to overcome....... Oden is a once in a 10yr athlete for this area...... Best of luck this season hope the pre-season predications of SPH wining the div come true......

Too much hype around the spring hill program, I do believe the program is in better hands and is turning around.... but they aren't going to have this miracle season that the coaches are hyping up. They struggled against a terrible summit team, will get beat by McGavok by more than 2 scores and will finish the year a dismal 5-5 .  

Summit - W

McGavok - L

Page - W

Dickson - W

Tullahoma - W

Giles - L

Father Ryan - L

Marshall Co - L

Lipscomb Academy - L

Lawrence Co - W

Edited by Stakeholder

Too much hype around the spring hill program, I do believe the program is in better hands and is turning around.... but they aren't going to have this miracle season that the coaches are hyping up. They struggled against a terrible summit team, will get beat by McGavok by more than 2 scores and will finish the year a dismal 5-5 .  

Summit - W

McGavok - L

Page - W

Dickson - W

Tullahoma - W

Giles - L

Father Ryan - L

Marshall Co - L

Lipscomb Academy - L

Lawrence Co - W

I would be a little easy with the "terrible" comment on Summit,,,,,, young team coming into thier own,,,dedicated boys who won't back down,,,,,teams that beat them will remember,, good coaching staff doing the right thing,,,,, they will get some wins this year ,,,,