Whitwell at Sequatchie

Indian

Thanks for supporting my argument that you had 6, 7, and 8 athletes starting on some of those teams. Exactly the point I was trying to make. Lots of 2a and 3a schools don't have that many on the team much less starting. No crap you don't have 50 to 70 kids like some 2a and 3a schools but you have as many ATHLETES!

No we don't. We have had some teams with 5-6 good athletes, but those teams aren't year in and year out. The good 3A teams have more than that. Marion has 7-8 great athletes right now. I'm expecting big things. As for this game. I'm going with Sequatchie by 14.

I know football. Yes, we have had some good athletes, but we don't have the number of athletes as inner city 3A teams. When SP was good it was because we only had good athletes according to Marion fans. Now that Marion is good, it seems most people say it's average players with great coaching.

I know another team up in region 2 like that. I won't mention names tho. But they also like to blame the players and coaches for a loss or a close game instead of ever giving the other team credit. It's never that the other team played good and was coached good, it's always their team came out flat and didn't play hard and coaches didn't adjust, etc, etc blah blah blah

Thanks for supporting my argument that you had 6, 7, and 8 athletes starting on some of those teams. Exactly the point I was trying to make. Lots of 2a and 3a schools don't have that many on the team much less starting. No crap you don't have 50 to 70 kids like some 2a and 3a schools but you have as many ATHLETES!

What I said was that SP had 6, 7 and 8 athletes i.e. their best players starting both sides of the balls.  The TSSAA lists all eligible players on teams rosters as athletes.  You Jasper folks all must have spent time in Texas learning the Texas side step.

Whatever fits the pirate adgenda, we should always remember that. Poor little ole 1A school. They will be back they say. They don't realize that they have won eight in a row one time in the history of the rivalry. But they are a small school, they have no buisness playing the big boys. It is a hard realization that the domination has came to an end, probably won't get any easier to swallow either.

The fact is, Jasper was AA in the A-AA-AAA system into the 90s and were 3a in the newer system.  Given how good Jasper was in their classification those years, it shouldn't have been a ball game after a couple of quarters.  In the 4th quarter with at least half the starters playing both sides of the ball took its toll in a lot of close games over the years. Sequatchie was the second SVC team to move up to AA followed closely by Jasper.  Grundy was AAA by the late 70s.

Edited by rlh

The fact is, Jasper was AA in the A-AA-AAA system into the 90s and were 3a in the newer system. Given how good Jasper was in their classification those years, it shouldn't have been a ball game after a couple of quarters. In the 4th quarter with at least half the starters playing both sides of the ball took its toll in a lot of close games over the years. Sequatchie was the second SVC team to move up to AA followed closely by Jasper. Grundy was AAA by the late 70s.

Give it up already yea we know SP is just a lil ole 1a school good grief it gets old hearing that all the time. Truth is even though yall are 1a you still have a ton of athletes come through there, a lot more than most 1a and 2a schools so are we supposed to feel bad when we beat up on you? I don't think so. LMAO