Mount Juliet at Cane Ridge

MJGOLDENBEARS

You thought they were "decent" enough to beat the ridges & Gallatin's of the world? Just thought id let you know that this makes 3 years in a row that Gallatin has beat MJ, plus the overall record is HEAVILY in GHS favor. Gallatin beating MJ is no surprise.

No offense meant by that.

Those are "winnable" games. Past 2 years MJ has had to deal with blackman,cent,hendy,etc,which are basically autolosses.

Gallatin,beech,Cane ridge,Gallatin,wilson central...those are games they have a chance in,games they should win if they arent inferior. Thats what I meant by that. No disrespect towards gallatin. Apologies.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah as of now, Hendersonville & Blackman are automatic losses for y'all. But only 3 years ago, MJ was leap years better than both of those teams. Times change good & bad.

Id argue that wasnt the case. In the 2012 season,MJ was lucky to escape Hendersonville with a Win,winning on a last second touchdown. That hendersonville team was like 3-7,4-6?

in 2011 ,they dismantled a lowly Hendy,but thats about the only time in recent memory.

Id say the only year MJ was realllly really good,just rolling through everyone,was 2011. And even then,they BARELY(as in one yard from losing to a 5-6 win siegel team) got past  those 7AAA teams that you say they were ,'leap years' ahead of during the playoffs.The only truly good team they "rolled" in 2011,was Brentwood and Beech..

and in 2012,they simply were not leap years ahead. If they had to run the 7AAA quad again, Siegel,blackman,etc,not so sure theyd go to the semis again. They got a favourable quad that year and did a good job making it ot the semi's with it. 

That 2011 team is the best team that MJ had in their history as a football program. And that is fact. They were indeed as good as any team in 7AAA that year, with Riverdale being the only one in 2011 that was as good. You guys beat 9-1 Gallatin that season, which was Gallatin's only loss the whole season. (Beat Oakland, a tough Brentwood, Beech, etc ) you may not have great years all of the time, but 2011 & 2012 were MJ's "glory years" for the time being.

Nothing much to say other than, WE DONT HAVE SPEED! We can't contend with teams that have athletes! It's becoming disturbing that we have become such a subpar team, 5 turnovers, zero points..... It doesn't get much worse than that. Credit to Cane Ridge.... They absolutely annihilated us. If I had to give one positive to the MJ team, it would be the Defense they fought admirably, other than that it was an atrocious performance, the coaching game plans have got to get better. Change is needed somehow some way.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Id argue that wasnt the case. In the 2012 season,MJ was lucky to escape Hendersonville with a Win,winning on a last second touchdown. That hendersonville team was like 3-7,4-6?

in 2011 ,they dismantled a lowly Hendy,but thats about the only time in recent memory.

Id say the only year MJ was realllly really good,just rolling through everyone,was 2011. And even then,they BARELY(as in one yard from losing to a 5-6 win siegel team) got past those 7AAA teams that you say they were ,'leap years' ahead of during the playoffs.The only truly good team they "rolled" in 2011,was Brentwood and Beech..

and in 2012,they simply were not leap years ahead. If they had to run the 7AAA quad again, Siegel,blackman,etc,not so sure theyd go to the semis again. They got a favourable quad that year and did a good job making it ot the semi's with it.

They made the semifinals, enough said.... It takes a quality football team to make it past the second round in big boy football.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Nothing much to say other than, WE DONT HAVE SPEED! We can't contend with teams that have athletes! It's becoming disturbing that we have become such a subpar team, 5 turnovers, zero points..... It doesn't get much worse than that. Credit to Cane Ridge.... They absolutely annihilated us. If I had to give one positive to the MJ team, it would be the Defense they fought admirably, other than that it was an atrocious performance, the coaching game plans have got to get better. Change is needed somehow some way.

Golden Bears; what is your analysis of game ? Cant beat anyone with 5 TO's.

Golden Bears; what is your analysis of game ? Cant beat anyone with 5 TO's.

My analysis; the Bears walked into a game thinking they could dictate without actually realiazing the strength of their opponent. Our QB is young but threw 4 interceptions (2 for touchdowns) He looked very nervous, our Wideouts are very average, average speed, Cane Ridge corners had absolutely no trouble covering them all night! And when we would finally have an open receiver it would be dropped or over thrown. Our huge line seems slow and can't stay on blocks, there was almost nothing positive to say about the O. Also the RB's didn't have much to offer. On the other hand our Defense fought hard and only let up two scores, but to be quite honest, Cane Ridge has very sloppy offense, they had more penalties than I could count, and they rely off a few plays to fast shifty players to get the job done. Overall MJ just does not have (once again take a wild guess?) ATHLETES! We don't have speed, agility or any time of game breaker on the field. Could be a rough year for the Bears, it only seemed like yesterday we were an upper echelon type of team....

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Then please explain.............if you have no speed; why are you attempting to run a wide-open spread offense. You got some big good looking "O" linemen..........tighten things up, and play some smash mouth football. If you cannot whip them in space....'fight em in a phone booth". Old Perry was pretty dang good at that...............why did little Perry do that?? Just curious??

Then please explain.............if you have no speed; why are you attempting to run a wide-open spread offense. You got some big good looking "O" linemen..........tighten things up, and play some smash mouth football. If you cannot whip them in space....'fight em in a phone booth". Old Perry was pretty dang good at that...............why did little Perry do that?? Just curious??

I have no idea why we don't just go back to wing T.... That's where all our success was.

I have no idea why we don't just go back to wing T.... That's where all our success was.

Part of the problem when you run the spread offense you need a coach that can coach wide receivers and not someone who never played varsity football in high school. I know that the offensive coordinator played nfl/cfl football, but he can't coach everyone. I feel bad for these kids when a coach can't teach them because he doesn't know himself.

I would like to know when mj changed colors to black and silver?

Edited by hhs00