Week 3: Greenback @Oneida

crow

OnB, been watching some play back this morning and I want to make a couple of more statements to close. I would like to elaborate on a couple posts from last night during the game. First of all the PI called against GB that sustained our scoring drive was total bunk, I saw it in real time and posted that last night, after watching it a bunch of times today both full speed and slow motion I stand behind that. Your DB just made a play. Second the PI called against us that sustained your scoring drive on 4th down was total bunk as well, same as the other watched it live, real time play back and slo-mo.

The main one I want to clear up was the roughing call. I stated the kid led with the crown helmet to helmet. That is what I thought watching live, I never meant to sound as though it was dirty or even intentional because even live I did not think that so my apologies if that was the way it came across. After watching it again today the GB kid did not lead with the crown, it was a high hit and there was helmet to helmet but not as I initially posted. It was a bang bang kinda play so really I can see throwing it but at the same time I could also see a no call there.

I don't really have anything to add about this one other than I'd sure like to have it back. I at least think we would have witnessed a better ball game but you don't get them back. When you play a good team every mistake matters. GB is a very good team and they performed, we did not perform as well as they did especially in the first half. Again great job on creating opportunities and taking advantage of them. Roll on 'Kees.

The season has just begun alot of ball to play and we dont have a great record later in the yr.We will take it one at a time and try to climb this steep ladder.Hope all stayed injury free last night.Good luck Indians untill we meet again!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fellas, had to get back to the Hut to calm down and make rational thoughts. (when does that ever happen)  Several thoughts:  I think the score easily could have been much closer.  The play proceeding, the sack...scoop and score, hit the Oneida Receiver dead in the chest and would have resulted in a first and goal at the 8.  No way of knowing if we would have punched that in, but that play could be considered a 14 point swing.  GB made the breaks and capitalized on them....and I did state several times that the team that won the TO battle would win the game.  That proved to be accurate.  I think these two will meet again.  The rematch will be decided again by the team that takes care of the football.  Silvey is an excellent football player and all players of his caliber will make plays for their team.  We will have to keep those plays to a minimum in the future.  Along the same lines, Bam Bam is hard for teams to prepare for, although not very speedy, he is very difficult to get to the ground.  He had 41 yards AFTER first contact Friday night.  I wasn't happy (bet Coach Lambert wasn't either) but you can sense our kids might gain from losing the first one because the second one is going to send one of us to the basketball court.  There were 5 dropped balls by our receivers and 2 of them were critical.  Balls that are catchable should be caught and I'm sure the kids responsible will tell you the same thing.  No time to hang your head....next one is coming up too soon to sit on your disappointment.  OB, you have a good team and that didn't surprise me one bit.  See you on the flip side! :thumb:  

Kazaloopy

Sorry fellas, had to get back to the Hut to calm down and make rational thoughts. (when does that ever happen) Several thoughts: I think the score easily could have been much closer. The play proceeding, the sack...scoop and score, hit the Oneida Receiver dead in the chest and would have resulted in a first and goal at the 8. No way of knowing if we would have punched that in, but that play could be considered a 14 point swing. GB made the breaks and capitalized on them....and I did state several times that the team that won the TO battle would win the game. That proved to be accurate. I think these two will meet again. The rematch will be decided again by the team that takes care of the football. Silvey is an excellent football player and all players of his caliber will make plays for their team. We will have to keep those plays to a minimum in the future. Along the same lines, Bam Bam is hard for teams to prepare for, although not very speedy, he is very difficult to get to the ground. He had 41 yards AFTER first contact Friday night. I wasn't happy (bet Coach Lambert wasn't either) but you can sense our kids might gain from losing the first one because the second one is going to send one of us to the basketball court. There were 5 dropped balls by our receivers and 2 of them were critical. Balls that are catchable should be caught and I'm sure the kids responsible will tell you the same thing. No time to hang your head....next one is coming up too soon to sit on your disappointment. OB, you have a good team and that didn't surprise me one bit. See you on the flip side! :thumb:

Kazaloopy

Thanks Kaz and i agree with your whole post!

Looking back after a couple of days this was a really odd and unexpected game. GB had thrown on average of 27 pass plays per game through the first 2 games and they really didn't need to do that vs. Oneida after the defense got us up with 2 scores and we capitalized on a bad snap on an Oneida punt to set us up on a short TD drive. The D kept making stops so our O kept the ground game going to churn out the clock. Without the 2 turnovers by Oneida who knows what kind of game this would have been. Saved our QB from playing hardly any D and we were able to rest some other guys at times and not really lose anything. We'll get another good player back that was missing from this game too. Illness had run rampant through our team last week through this week so hopefully everyone will be completely healthy next game. We've got a big game vs an upper classification team in Seqyoyah this week for Homecoming. Tough schedule this year for 1A.

Looking back after a couple of days this was a really odd and unexpected game. GB had thrown on average of 27 pass plays per game through the first 2 games and they really didn't need to do that vs. Oneida after the defense got us up with 2 scores and we capitalized on a bad snap on an Oneida punt to set us up on a short TD drive. The D kept making stops so our O kept the ground game going to churn out the clock. Without the 2 turnovers by Oneida who knows what kind of game this would have been. Saved our QB from playing hardly any D and we were able to rest some other guys at times and not really lose anything. We'll get another good player back that was missing from this game too. Illness had run rampant through our team last week through this week so hopefully everyone will be completely healthy next game. We've got a big game vs an upper classification team in Seqyoyah this week for Homecoming. Tough schedule this year for 1A.

good thing you have plenty of illegall recruits this year to help with the depth and injuries.

We have 2 legal transfers on a team of 47. We also have kids making big plays that have been at GB since Kindergarten. We also play Freshmans and Sophomores and start a handful. All GB bred! So go put a pipe in it or not. Last time I checked it took 11 players on O and D to really compete not 2. If you think you got under my skin you didn't. Takes a lot more than that. Actually gave me some humor for the night. Thanks! Just stating the facts.

We have 2 legal transfers on a team of 47. We also have kids making big plays that have been at GB since Kindergarten. We also play Freshmans and Sophomores and start a handful. All GB bred! So go put a pipe in it or not. Last time I checked it took 11 players on O and D to really compete not 2. If you think you got under my skin you didn't. Takes a lot more than that. Actually gave me some humor for the night. Thanks! Just stating the facts.

if you can sleep with it I can lady. Just stating the facts. Hardship. Lol.