Week 3: Greenback @Oneida

crow

Straight out of the gate I wanna say congrats to GB on a great game & the win. Y'all played hard and earned the win. Just want to make sure you don't take any of my post as sour grapes or excuses because it isn't. This is just my breakdown. This one was really not what I would call a "classic" GB / Oneida game. I think those that have witnessed several match ups will understand what I mean. I didn't really see either side get going on offense. Oneida because we kept laying it on the ground (again props to the GB defense as they were both forced fumbles) and GB because their offense wasn't really on the field much until they were up 3 scores. The first 2 touchdowns were a 50ish and a 60ish scoop & score with the last coming from a high snap on a punt that the punter had to leap to catch and in the process landed on his back around the Oneida 25. So at 20-0 GB their offense had a 3 & out and about a 25 yard drive. Again not taking away from what they did. They not only caused the fumbles they capitalized on them. That was all they needed as Oneida just couldn't recover, the second half showed some improvement but then again at 28-6 I'm sure GB shifted their game plan a bit more toward protecting the lead instead of just all out. Those are my observations as to how the overall tone of the game was set, at least early on.

As for Silvey, HE IS NOT AS ADVERTISED. . . he's better, at least on defense. Don't get me wrong, he's a competent OL but he plays defense! We did some things with him that were positive but I know the PA guy called his name a lot, never a good sign for the offense lol. OnB it was really great to put a face to a name finally, I hope this message finds you safe and sound after your long motorcycle ride home. I look forward to meeting you again somewhere down the line.

To close, this GB bunch is a talented team with a ton of size and speed at the skills and a solid line on both sides. They run well and the pass game is legit. They didn't have huge numbers tonight but then again they didn't need or really have they opportunity to due to the way this one panned out. They're gonna make some noise this fall and I for one will be cheering them on, that is until. . .

Tough luck Crow and itsa fairly good chance you will se Greenback again. Two good ball teams and someone has to lose, bet no one saw many losers on either bunch. Congrats Orngnblk and the Kee's, A solid team for sure.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction: We'll have 2 weeks to prepare for CF due to bye. That will come in handy after facing Kingston. Thanks for info Crow. When do you face CF? I thought I heard someone say last game of season.

You heard right...Oct. 30 @ Coalfield, and if I seen it right it's going to be WBIR's game of the week as well.

Straight out of the gate I wanna say congrats to GB on a great game & the win. Y'all played hard and earned the win. Just want to make sure you don't take any of my post as sour grapes or excuses because it isn't. This is just my breakdown. This one was really not what I would call a "classic" GB / Oneida game. I think those that have witnessed several match ups will understand what I mean. I didn't really see either side get going on offense. Oneida because we kept laying it on the ground (again props to the GB defense as they were both forced fumbles) and GB because their offense wasn't really on the field much until they were up 3 scores. The first 2 touchdowns were a 50ish and a 60ish scoop & score with the last coming from a high snap on a punt that the punter had to leap to catch and in the process landed on his back around the Oneida 25. So at 20-0 GB their offense had a 3 & out and about a 25 yard drive. Again not taking away from what they did. They not only caused the fumbles they capitalized on them. That was all they needed as Oneida just couldn't recover, the second half showed some improvement but then again at 28-6 I'm sure GB shifted their game plan a bit more toward protecting the lead instead of just all out. Those are my observations as to how the overall tone of the game was set, at least early on.

As for Silvey, HE IS NOT AS ADVERTISED. . . he's better, at least on defense. Don't get me wrong, he's a competent OL but he plays defense! We did some things with him that were positive but I know the PA guy called his name a lot, never a good sign for the offense lol. OnB it was really great to put a face to a name finally, I hope this message finds you safe and sound after your long motorcycle ride home. I look forward to meeting you again somewhere down the line.

To close, this GB bunch is a talented team with a ton of size and speed at the skills and a solid line on both sides. They run well and the pass game is legit. They didn't have huge numbers tonight but then again they didn't need or really have they opportunity to due to the way this one panned out. They're gonna make some noise this fall and I for one will be cheering them on, that is until. . .

I will finish your quote until part 2!Great post and yes the atmosphere was a little different tonight,almost like we were looking thru some of Kazzys smoke at times.Take away TOs and its 14-12 but TOs are part of the game and it changes strategies at times.OHSs QB has a great touch made great throws our kids made some great plays on the ball at times.We have to work on the O-Line it HAS to improve!GB needs to sustain drives and not rely on the big play because other than the scoop and score there were no big plays tonight.We have an opportuntiy if we can capaitilize or we could do as we have in the past i for one want to take advantage and get it done!!!crow OHS is still the team to beat when the cold wind starts blowing for anyone in the region.Harriman is looking to make a statement as well.Coalfield will not be over looked by any means.Good post crow and good luck.

OnB, been watching some play back this morning and I want to make a couple of more statements to close. I would like to elaborate on a couple posts from last night during the game. First of all the PI called against GB that sustained our scoring drive was total bunk, I saw it in real time and posted that last night, after watching it a bunch of times today both full speed and slow motion I stand behind that. Your DB just made a play. Second the PI called against us that sustained your scoring drive on 4th down was total bunk as well, same as the other watched it live, real time play back and slo-mo.

The main one I want to clear up was the roughing call. I stated the kid led with the crown helmet to helmet. That is what I thought watching live, I never meant to sound as though it was dirty or even intentional because even live I did not think that so my apologies if that was the way it came across. After watching it again today the GB kid did not lead with the crown, it was a high hit and there was helmet to helmet but not as I initially posted. It was a bang bang kinda play so really I can see throwing it but at the same time I could also see a no call there.

I don't really have anything to add about this one other than I'd sure like to have it back. I at least think we would have witnessed a better ball game but you don't get them back. When you play a good team every mistake matters. GB is a very good team and they performed, we did not perform as well as they did especially in the first half. Again great job on creating opportunities and taking advantage of them. Roll on 'Kees.