Week 3: Greenback @Oneida

crow

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight out of the gate I wanna say congrats to GB on a great game & the win. Y'all played hard and earned the win. Just want to make sure you don't take any of my post as sour grapes or excuses because it isn't. This is just my breakdown. This one was really not what I would call a "classic" GB / Oneida game. I think those that have witnessed several match ups will understand what I mean. I didn't really see either side get going on offense. Oneida because we kept laying it on the ground (again props to the GB defense as they were both forced fumbles) and GB because their offense wasn't really on the field much until they were up 3 scores. The first 2 touchdowns were a 50ish and a 60ish scoop & score with the last coming from a high snap on a punt that the punter had to leap to catch and in the process landed on his back around the Oneida 25. So at 20-0 GB their offense had a 3 & out and about a 25 yard drive. Again not taking away from what they did. They not only caused the fumbles they capitalized on them. That was all they needed as Oneida just couldn't recover, the second half showed some improvement but then again at 28-6 I'm sure GB shifted their game plan a bit more toward protecting the lead instead of just all out. Those are my observations as to how the overall tone of the game was set, at least early on.

As for Silvey, HE IS NOT AS ADVERTISED. . . he's better, at least on defense. Don't get me wrong, he's a competent OL but he plays defense! We did some things with him that were positive but I know the PA guy called his name a lot, never a good sign for the offense lol. OnB it was really great to put a face to a name finally, I hope this message finds you safe and sound after your long motorcycle ride home. I look forward to meeting you again somewhere down the line.

To close, this GB bunch is a talented team with a ton of size and speed at the skills and a solid line on both sides. They run well and the pass game is legit. They didn't have huge numbers tonight but then again they didn't need or really have they opportunity to due to the way this one panned out. They're gonna make some noise this fall and I for one will be cheering them on, that is until. . .