Morristown West at David Crockett

I wasn't old enough to remember it yet, but I've heard about it and have seen the scores. Oak Ridge and Central both had their way with us that year. I never thought Dale Chrisman was a good coach, and aside from a couple of good years, his record showed it.

But I did hear about Shawn Summers residing here now, although I forget which dealership he runs.

Chrisman had some pretty good years in his early years for the Trojans, but Woods is by far and away the best coach the Trojans have ever had. If not for Maryville they probably win a state or two in those days. Same could be said for Central.

Chrisman had some pretty good years in his early years for the Trojans, but Woods is by far and away the best coach the Trojans have ever had. If not for Maryville they probably win a state or two in those days. Same could be said for Central.

Very true. We did beat them once in the playoffs, much to my surprise. But then Hillsboro blanked us a week later.

Yeah, Don Woods completely changed how people look at Morristown West as a whole mainly because we started winning and didn't stop winning. People still today talk about how much they hate West and how cocky we are (although some of them are just as bad if not worse), and that's all carried over from the Woods era and how much we won then. We're a mental block to some teams now like Florida is to Tennessee.

Very true. We did beat them once in the playoffs, much to my surprise. But then Hillsboro blanked us a week later.

Yeah, Don Woods completely changed how people look at Morristown West as a whole mainly because we started winning and didn't stop winning. People still today talk about how much they hate West and how cocky we are (although some of them are just as bad if not worse), and that's all carried over from the Woods era and how much we won then. We're a mental block to some teams now like Florida is to Tennessee.

Now they call that swagg ;) lol....Yes, I wished I could've gotten to see some of those West teams play. The last West team I saw play in a live game was in 1994  when we played them. They had a tough team, but we beat them only 14-0 and we went 13-1 that year. They ended up going 5-6, but were a lot better than their record would indicate that year.

Now they call that swagg ;) lol....Yes, I wished I could've gotten to see some of those West teams play. The last West team I saw play in a live game was in 1994 when we played them. They had a tough team, but we beat them only 14-0 and we went 13-1 that year. They ended up going 5-6, but were a lot better than their record would indicate that year.

Yeah the Lakeway area has had a lot of tough teams through the years, even though the records don't always show it.

You may get a chance to see West again this November if we make it far enough and straighten out our offense.

Yeah the Lakeway area has had a lot of tough teams through the years, even though the records don't always show it.

You may get a chance to see West again this November if we make it far enough and straighten out our offense.

I would love to play West again. It's been a long time. When we have played them in the past we have usually come out on top, but one thing about West is they are always tough and you will always know you have been in a battle. They will hit you. Their D impressed me in our scrimmage this year. 

I would love to play West again. It's been a long time. When we have played them in the past we have usually come out on top, but one thing about West is they are always tough and you will always know you have been in a battle. They will hit you. Their D impressed me in our scrimmage this year.

Yeah our D is what will carry us as far as we go this year. The road to gold will likely run through Oak Ridge. Best of luck to the Wildcats!

Yessir. Just like we do. I spent a lot of my youth in Morristown hanging with my cousin who went to East, but most my family went to West. My moms old stomping grounds was the Buffalo Trail area! lol You know where that is?

Ahh, Buffalo Trail. I've driven that road many a time. Kinda sad to see so many of the old local stores on that road closed up now. Still a nice drive for a change of pace, not to mention the old Morristown College just a block or two away.

Ahh, Buffalo Trail. I've driven that road many a time. Kinda sad to see so many of the old local stores on that road closed up now. Still a nice drive for a change of pace, not to mention the old Morristown College just a block or two away.

Yeah buddy. The house my mom grew up in was tore down in the 80's. She grew up really poor. They had to use the bathroom outside. She's told me stories about how the bath tub would freeze up in the winter. 5 kids living in a 2 bedroom house. My papaw worked at Berkline for 40+ years. Good ole country folk man. I love Morristown. I love the old downtown part. The Little Dutch Restaurant! Is the old Morristown College still there? My mamaw went to old Morristown High. Is it still standing? It was when I was there in January when she passed. Sad times.

Yeah buddy. The house my mom grew up in was tore down in the 80's. She grew up really poor. They had to use the bathroom outside. She's told me stories about how the bath tub would freeze up in the winter. 5 kids living in a 2 bedroom house. My papaw worked at Berkline for 40+ years. Good ole country folk man. I love Morristown. I love the old downtown part. The Little Dutch Restaurant! Is the old Morristown College still there? My mamaw went to old Morristown High. Is it still standing? It was when I was there in January when she passed. Sad times.

Oh yes, the original part of Morristown High (now part of East High) is perfectly intact. And part of the old college is still there, but at least one building has suspiciously burned and I'm sure some illegal stuff has gone on back there, not to mention that it's closed to the public now. And Little Dutch is still going strong!!

And that's crazy while also sad about having to use the bathroom outside. I'm blessed to have always had an indoor restroom to use. Morristown has undergone a lot of change, but downtown Morristown is (mostly) still intact.