Morristown West at David Crockett

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard. Not laughing at you man, I didn't mean it that way, but look Boone is 2-27 against Elizabethton. Since 1972 Boone has only won 2 GAMES. You guys have nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to worry about. We'll give you a hard fought game but that's about it. Can't wait to see the new stadium, it will be ready next week, right?

The stadium will be ready and it's looking great and sorry about getting coffee all over you.Lol

Crockett and Boone are both on probation this year, one screwup and they go back to the TSSAA for further discipline. I don't know about Crockett but I have it on good authority that Boone is taking it very seriously to not mess up on the field. Or after the game....

Glad to hear at least one of the schools is taking it seriously and learning from it. ðŸ‘

Glad to hear at least one of the schools is taking it seriously and learning from it.

Well you would have to think that Crockett doesn't want to have a 3 year playoff ban or whatever the original punishment was.       Hopefully Boone can keep it under control, but all it takes is one guy throwing a punch or something and getting it started.      I know the coaches are doing all they can to prevent any incidents, but ultimately it is up to the players.

Speaking of punches, in the DB/OR game an OR player (#53 I think on defense) decked a DB player after the whistle.    He got 15 yards but it was so flagrant of a punch I can't believe he didn't get ejected.   It was in the 3rd or 4th Q when DB was inside the OR 20.    Maybe somebody else remembers it.     Fortunately DB did not respond in kind and thus avoided a nasty incident.

Well you would have to think that Crockett doesn't want to have a 3 year playoff ban or whatever the original punishment was. Hopefully Boone can keep it under control, but all it takes is one guy throwing a punch or something and getting it started. I know the coaches are doing all they can to prevent any incidents, but ultimately it is up to the players.

Speaking of punches, in the DB/OR game an OR player (#53 I think on defense) decked a DB player after the whistle. He got 15 yards but it was so flagrant of a punch I can't believe he didn't get ejected. It was in the 3rd or 4th Q when DB was inside the OR 20. Maybe somebody else remembers it. Fortunately DB did not respond in kind and thus avoided a nasty incident.

I heard that that game had a lot of hard hits and more than one after the play had ended. Edited by lawnman

Well you would have to think that Crockett doesn't want to have a 3 year playoff ban or whatever the original punishment was. Hopefully Boone can keep it under control, but all it takes is one guy throwing a punch or something and getting it started. I know the coaches are doing all they can to prevent any incidents, but ultimately it is up to the players.

Speaking of punches, in the DB/OR game an OR player (#53 I think on defense) decked a DB player after the whistle. He got 15 yards but it was so flagrant of a punch I can't believe he didn't get ejected. It was in the 3rd or 4th Q when DB was inside the OR 20. Maybe somebody else remembers it. Fortunately DB did not respond in kind and thus avoided a nasty incident.

Yep. All it takes is one to ruin it for everyone.

I didn't, but I've been a fan since the Don Woods era. It's a great school.

Did you get to watch "Little Man" play? My uncle played in 76-77, but I doubt you would remember him. I saw OR/Mo-Town West in 1990. Little Man and Shawn Summers went at it, bot had pretty good games. They're cousins if you didn't know that and Shawn's father is originally from Morristown. Shawn resides in Morristown now and runs a used car dealership.

Did you get to watch "Little Man" play? My uncle played in 76-77, but I doubt you would remember him. I saw OR/Mo-Town West in 1990. Little Man and Shawn Summers went at it, bot had pretty good games. They're cousins if you didn't know that and Shawn's father is originally from Morristown. Shawn resides in Morristown now and runs a used car dealership.

I wasn't old enough to remember it yet, but I've heard about it and have seen the scores. Oak Ridge and Central both had their way with us that year. I never thought Dale Chrisman was a good coach, and aside from a couple of good years, his record showed it.

But I did hear about Shawn Summers residing here now, although I forget which dealership he runs.