The Clash of the Champions- Union City travels to Peabody

BigSwo

What a game What a game. Yes I had to say it twice. Both teams played hard and both overcame adversity. I was very proud of the way my Tornadoes fought back from being down by two scores to being ahead by two scores before the half. For UC it was stupid penalties, poor tackling and untimely fumbles. Each time they overcame and came out with a great win against a great team. Some of those penalties I did not agree with but no sense talking about that now. One last thing. I think Peabody is a better overall team without Malone. That's all I'm gonna stay about that.

Congrats Union City I was expecting a barnburner when I found out about malone I was like :( but turned out to be a good game, I am sure mustangs will see one of you in the playoffs.  BigSwo people ask me how do you get to sesame street, my question for u is how do you get a victory over Union City???

I don't want anyone to find out. If I knew I wouldn't tell.

I don't want anyone to find out. If I knew I wouldn't tell.

I hope we get to play u during playoffs I'll meet up and talk before game again if we do.  Hope its at Huntingdon after that long trip though lol at least union city is only a hour lol.  We played Collinwood.  1A's got some tough talent, but after this game looks like u guys still best, especially right now.  Barnburner you and trenton had wish it was on internet to watch a replay of.

I hope we get to play u during playoffs I'll meet up and talk before game again if we do.  Hope its at Huntingdon after that long trip though lol at least union city is only a hour lol.  We played Collinwood.  1A's got some tough talent, but after this game looks like u guys still best, especially right now.  Barnburner you and trenton had wish it was on internet to watch a replay of.

I don't know if it was or not but check out the Ballgame Blitz. Google them and maybe you can find tonight's game.

First off, I'd like to congratulate both teams on a great game, well worth the price of admission. Two of the best high school teams I've seen at the 1A level period! As a fan of neither team, here are my takeaways from last night. 1. Union City is still the best team in 1A, but they are a little more vulnerable this year, especially against a team who can throw the ball downfield, and has size and depth in their lines. However stopping the veer is another matter, dang near impossible. But I think If a team decided to sell out on the pitch and force their quarterback to hold on to the ball when they go outside the box, that might eliminate the big play, don't know for sure but the QB didn't look like a big play threat last night compared to their RBs. But on the other side, that veer and those big linemen just wear you down, and that is what makes them so dominant. It's possible to win but very, very hard. Their consistency to get the 1st down and have long, physical drives makes it a mammoth task to stop them. Congratulations Tornadoes.

2. Trenton Peabody is right up there as well. Definitely hope they meet again, a few plays here and there and the outcome could have been different. They have great athletes and without a question showed last night that they are a great team and its not just the Malone show. And with their balanced passing and running attack when they are full strength, they can play with anyone in west tennessee. They just need to get the full squad on the field at all times! After watching this game, it appears to me that this year it goes without saying that 1A football is as good as it's ever been in West TN. I would say without a doubt in my mind, that's its head and shoulders stronger than 2A this year, and the top teams could win against 75 percent of 3A.