South Pitt. @ Marion Co. 9/11

PurplePower68

I wish Friday would hurry up and get here... The atmosphere should be electric... Hope everyone is healthy for this week and stay that way throughout the game and season...

All things aside, I would give up all other holidays before thisin.  Even when we knew we we gonna probably lose or worse.  The pain of the bad times makes the good times sweeter.

I agree that I sometime get caught up in refering to these two bozo's. I have never intentionally stereo typed the people of SP. I have nothing bad to say to about the 99% of the SP supporters on this site. Most add meaningful insight to a variety of topics.

Old Pirate wonders why Yous suddenly crawled out of hiding? Edited by OLD PIRATE

I wouldn't want to be the coach that had to choose the 11 that could be on the field at he same time if they consolidated. Too many skillet slingers in this county. I guess ask yourself who from each team, SP - Jasper - Whitwell - and maybe Richard Hardy, would make up your starting lineup. If you choose more from your home school then you would be called out on it. That would be a tough decision. And don't say you would sub every play because as a coach that's harder to do than it is to say I would imagine. So, would you choose Henderson or Lilly or Ingrassia as your main back? Saying you didn't run an offense where all 3 could be in there at the same time. Too tough a call for me, that's why I'm just a fan.

If it was the offense we already run I would have Lily and Henderson at wing and maybe Ingrassia at FB. Walt def at qb

We are still a young team and prone to making mistakes. I believe the beginning of the game will be closer than most people think. The whole game could actually be close really. If MC starts out like they have in the first 3 games though it could go south very quickly. Looking for a great atmosphere and injury free game. Hopefully both teams will learn something about themselves Friday night.

We are still a young team and prone to making mistakes. I believe the beginning of the game will be closer than most people think. The whole game could actually be close really. If MC starts out like they have in the first 3 games though it could go south very quickly. Looking for a great atmosphere and injury free game. Hopefully both teams will learn something about themselves Friday night.

Over hype often plays into a game like this.  I believe that this is SP's main advantage.  If they can take advantage of early gitters and nerves and be successful then the weight of expectations could have a detrimental effect on MC's younger players and level the playing field.  I really believe that it will not be Z's yards per carry that will be missed in games like this as much as his steadying influence and leadership, he willed us to wins when things weren't  going well sometimes.  We will need to find another leader(s) to replace that in big games.

I really believe that it will not be Z's yards per carry that will be missed in games like this as much as his steadying influence and leadership, he willed us to wins when things weren't going well sometimes. We will need to find another leader(s) to replace that in big games.

Dad burnit little Rikii, Old Pirate says Yous a HEEP better at acknowledging youngons and not the SOS. Players make plays, players have the grit, heart and determination! Congrats, now if your fellow Jasperlites will follow the lead the youngons will get their due! Edited by OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit little Rikii, Old Pirate says Yous a HEEP better at acknowledging youngons and not the SOS. Players make plays, players have the grit, heart and determination! Congrats, now if your fellow Jasperlites will follow the lead the youngons will get their due!

I have always said not even a great coach can make chicken salad out of chicken mess but a bad coach can make chicken mess out of grade A chicken. A good coach can make something edible out of a tough old bird (like a pressure cooker) but if you have the combination of good coaching and high quality ingredients you can make yourself a real special dish.

Edited by rikberry

Dad burnit little Rikii, Old Pirate says Yous a HEEP better at acknowledging youngons and not the SOS. Players make plays, players have the grit, heart and determination! Congrats, now if your fellow Jasperlites will follow the lead the youngons will get their due!

Many over your way give too much credence to the coaching  at SP.  In my humble opinion SP had the talent to have maybe 8 gold balls over the recent past and was done in by superior use of lesser talent by opposing coaches on several occasions. 

I have always said not even a great coach can make chicken salad out of chicken mess but a bad coach can make chicken mess out of grade A chicken. A good coach can make something edible out of a tough old bird (like a pressure cooker) but if you have the combination of good coaching and high quality ingredients you can make yourself a real special dish.

Old Pirate says the Warriors have all the advantages...., except the underdog element. Hopefully the young Pirates will be competitive against the talented Warriors

Many over your way give too much credence to the coaching at SP. In my humble opinion SP had the talent to have maybe 8 gold balls over the recent past and was done in by superior use of lesser talent by opposing coaches on several occasions.

Old Pirate says silver balls are in the trophy case because the other teams made more plays to bring home the bacon. Coaches don't fumble,drop passes,miss kicks, miss open receivers, miss blocks,miss tackles or get burnt! Players make plays or they don't.