Gca vs Campbell county

Raven52

Is the Maryville kid getting to play yet Barney. if so what # is he.

Yes he is pujo. They have moved him to wr and playing on all the ko and ko return teams. I saw he received the ball a couple of times last night . 19# is the number. I also know that he is very happy and knows he could of had a better impact with the team had he been there in the spring instead of learning a new system going into the fall. I will assure you that he will be able to be a big part down the line as he keeps getting more playing time. I personally didn't want to see him leave the Maryville program but that's something I have no control of. The young man has been apart of two Maryville teams that had a combined record of 30-0 and I felt so horrible because of the first two games going so wrong not playing time. Playing time will be on down the road I'm sure because he did get into half the Maryville games last year as a sophomore. I personally have not been to a GCA game other than watching the two TV games and hi-lites from the other two games. I can tell you this that last year Maryville had nine QB's and this year we have three and we will be in the world of hurt if we lose any one of these kids to injury and losing this kid kind of took us by shock. I am pulling for GCA and hope so bad they are in Cookeville in December and if so I can make a whole day of watching football.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he is pujo. They have moved him to wr and playing on all the ko and ko return teams. I saw he received the ball a couple of times last night . 19# is the number. I also know that he is very happy and knows he could of had a better impact with the team had he been there in the spring instead of learning a new system going into the fall. I will assure you that he will be able to be a big part down the line as he keeps getting more playing time. I personally didn't want to see him leave the Maryville program but that's something I have no control of. The young man has been apart of two Maryville teams that had a combined record of 30-0 and I felt so horrible because of the first two games going so wrong not playing time. Playing time will be on down the road I'm sure because he did get into half the Maryville games last year as a sophomore. I personally have not been to a GCA game other than watching the two TV games and hi-lites from the other two games. I can tell you this that last year Maryville had nine QB's and this year we have three and we will be in the world of hurt if we lose any one of these kids to injury and losing this kid kind of took us by shock. I am pulling for GCA and hope so bad they are in Cookeville in December and if so I can make a whole day of watching football.

Thanks Barney and I  wish the kid well. Sounds as if Maryville would have been fortunate to kept the kid.

Thanks Barney and I  wish the kid well. Sounds as if Maryville would have been fortunate to kept the kid.

Anything can happen at any given moment in a football game. Campbell County lost a QB two weeks ago and this kid we saw last night was a linebacker but he did a good job. If someone got hurt at Maryville  they would go to the next in the pecking order, not change someone's position. I went to the JV game Monday Night against Jefferson County and the QB played the entire game except the last series which they had the freshman QB in case of injury. Rarely do freshmen play at Maryville unless a situation like that arise. We set with our fingers crossed that no one gets hurt at that position or we will be in the world of hurt. GQ plays everyone in most of the games and is a big reason we reload every year because it's almost like not losing any starters when everyone coming back has experience. I've watched this recipe for success for 17 years now and so surprised why most other coaches don't pick up on this instead of bashing it.

Anything can happen at any given moment in a football game. Campbell County lost a QB two weeks ago and this kid we saw last night was a linebacker but he did a good job. If someone got hurt at Maryville  they would go to the next in the pecking order, not change someone's position. I went to the JV game Monday Night against Jefferson County and the QB played the entire game except the last series which they had the freshman QB in case of injury. Rarely do freshmen play at Maryville unless a situation like that arise. We set with our fingers crossed that no one gets hurt at that position or we will be in the world of hurt. GQ plays everyone in most of the games and is a big reason we reload every year because it's almost like not losing any starters when everyone coming back has experience. I've watched this recipe for success for 17 years now and so surprised why most other coaches don't pick up on this instead of bashing it.

Maryville is defineately the Model of TN high school football. Seen them beat more talented teams many times.Great system and they never panic.

Long time listener, first time caller: I think you're mistaken, I didn't count #receptions for GCA but I would take a guess at 7-8. No receptions for #19 for GCA. If you meant #19 for CC, I apologize.

Just started playing some at receiver ,no catches yet . Was on the kick off and Kick off return last night. I was glad to see him on TV last night.