Upperman vs Stone Memorial

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...you use comparative scores ALL the time. You even throw in scrimmages from the spring...lol.

you would be correct. I look at a teams body of work alot. Also common opponents. How they do verses pass heavey teams, run heavy teams, and many factors. Als, i think the quality of the coaching staffs plays a big role. But its still High School football, which can be very unpredictable at times.

you would be correct. I look at a teams body of work alot. Also common opponents. How they do verses pass heavey teams, run heavy teams, and many factors. Als, i think the quality of the coaching staffs plays a big role. But its still High School football, which can be very unpredictable at times.

That's the point. Comparative scores and certainly scrimmages...are not always a good indicator. I can give examples where teams could beat themselves by 50.

That's the point. Comparative scores and certainly scrimmages...are not always a good indicator. I can give examples where teams could beat themselves by 50.

your right, not always a good indicator. Sometimes it is. I try and factor in more. Just like UH-CHS...looking at it I factor in CHS could have just played a bad half, also could be LB Gomez was missing that second half. UH been pretty stout verse run in the 2.5 halves he has played in. I also factor in depth...CHS had way more depth than UH. SM will not have a huge depth advantage if any like CHS did. I say SM wins, but not thinking a blowout either way.

Herald-Citizen: The only game CHS has been tested in so far this season was its come-from-behind, 34-26 win on the road at Upperman in Week 1. Upperman (2-1) at Stone Memorial (3-0)

The Panthers tout a three-headed rushing attack that many teams haven’t had an easy time trying to stop this season.

And two other reasons for the Bees to have some concern? A 54-18 win over York Institute and a 49-17 win over DeKalb County.

Sure, those games aren’t going to be used as measuring sticks, but it’s still indicative of what the Panthers are very much capable of.

However, the Bees aren’t too bad at stopping the run as Trousdale County was held to 108 rushing yards and Monterey was held to 98.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan