Riverside@Wayne County

wildcat89

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some friends that live in parsons so for their sake I will pull for Riverside, they are a decent team. To be honest though if you play ball the wildcats shouldnt have a problem with them. You guys just cant overlook them. Good luck to both teams.

Coach Rice won't overlook them or anybody else, it's one week at a time. I'm going to try and get a chance to go back and watch last years film and see what I can pick up on.

The jury is still out on this years' Riverside team. They got shell shocked at Lexington in week two when their quarterback got hurt in the first quarter. (Lexington has a good ball team but the score margin was bigger than the difference in the teams.) The next week RHS came together behind the leadership of some good seniors and juniors to defeat Lewis Co. at home. This was a big region win for our team. This is another big week for the Panthers, playing an always tough Wayne Co. team. If the Panthers do well at WC, it should give them the confidence to get through their region schedule with enough wins for a home playoff game; the first one in several years. This should be a good game. And it is another big game for Riverside.  

One thing is for sure...Riverside QB Drake Smith is a great passing QB and can sling it. Not muxh of a runner but DCR has a senior laden Offensive line and will be a tough team esp in the trenches. They like to throw it alot and have a couple good WRs. They remind me of Scotts Hill but with more depth and a better line. So we will have a game for sure. Being at WC will help us alot.