Week 5: Oneida @ Midway

crow

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get all this water bailed out of here then we got to plug the actual holes.  One thing this bunch needs to learn is that just by stepping on the field doesn't make you the better team.  Their play has looked, at times, as if they fully expect the other bunch to cave at some point.  Not so much GB, but definitely Kings.  You know that cocky look that says I got this.....and then you proceed to shoot your own foot....!  The bad thing is, we have some real good looking football players that are playing way below their ability.  Makes for a frustrating thing to watch.  Just once I'd like for a certain player to play with a chip on his shoulder instead of looking to the sideline with his arms sticking out like he don't know why he just got train tracked....!  Based on pure ability alone.....it should NEVER happen to this kid if he was motivated.  He has that much upside....but some games this year I've been puzzled by what I saw.  Hope we begin plugging holes this week and start looking like we should cause we have been MIA for two weeks. 

Kazeem

I'm looking forward to the matchups of the top 4 teams in this region. Greenback has the heads up as for now but you guys and Coalfield could unseat um. Its a marathon.

we lost a big one for us at the beginning of the year for us but have bounced back strong so far. Be interested to see how it goes next Friday against Rockwood. That's when we'll really see what we have. Can't take a whole lot off of the last two games. Gets tougher real soon

we lost a big one for us at the beginning of the year for us but have bounced back strong so far. Be interested to see how it goes next Friday against Rockwood. That's when we'll really see what we have. Can't take a whole lot off of the last two games. Gets tougher real soon

The Rockwood game should be a stern test.

You should go watch Scott this Friday. I'm sure their offense is going to look really good

At least the rock will be in the air! I love Oneida and always will but I am just getting annoyed with their offense. That is just my opinion and I not it is not much.

At least the rock will be in the air! I love Oneida and always will but I am just getting annoyed with their offense. That is just my opinion and I not it is not much.

oneida will win this game easy if they pass or run every time midway is just not good enough to stop them   but as far as comparing oneida play selection with scotts in oneidas last 2 games that they lost they passed the ball 42 times (23and19) scott has not passed the ball more than 19 times in a game yet in scotts 2 losses they passed 35 times for 57 yards 2 turnovers they ran the ball52 times for 288 yards and 1 turnover it is simple scott should run more. 

oneida will win this game easy if they pass or run every time midway is just not good enough to stop them   but as far as comparing oneida play selection with scotts in oneidas last 2 games that they lost they passed the ball 42 times (23and19) scott has not passed the ball more than 19 times in a game yet in scotts 2 losses they passed 35 times for 57 yards 2 turnovers they ran the ball52 times for 288 yards and 1 turnover it is simple scott should run more. 

and as for how there offence will look this friday it will look like everyone else offence looks agianst alcoa

The rock will be in the air IF the qb has time to throw. Problem is it will come out of the air into the wrong hands. Just my opinion of course. If Oneida has had as many dropped passes as the Indian faithful is saying, why do you want to see them run the spread?

That kind of puzzles me too Rudy, because we have not been as consistent at catching the ball as some of the other teams I have seen.  Kings and Oakdale both have some good receivers and they both were more consistent in catching the ball than we were.  I believe the stats in both games would bear that out.  One more point here, the spread offense (at it's core) is an effective way for a team with a less talented line-up equalize the match-up by stretching a defense out.  It is a pitch and catch offense designed to maximize space for two or three quick players that almost all teams can find.  If you have a good "pitcher" then it is an effective equalizer against a defense.  That being said I don't believe we are quite that bad off most years and I would think not this year either.  We have pretty solid players everywhere you look, they just haven't effectively got the job done a couple of times.  By all accounts we have pitched the ball more this year to achieve more balance in the offense and it is obviously a work in progress.  Execution (or catching, blocking, and running) will quickly fix our problem on those areas.  I've said it dozens of times....some players need to step forward and lead.

Kazamity