Week 5: Oneida @ Midway

crow

Need a new offensive coordinator who ain't afraid to throw the dang ball and spread people out. Only throwin on 3rd down doesn't help when they know exactly what is coming. I have seen it for years now we need somebody who ain't afraid to throw the rock.

spike I understand your pain but sometimes you have to remember the coaches haven't missed a tackle dropped a pass or missed a block all year. They train condition and mentor teenagers that have a mind of their own. There are many schools around the country that would love to have ctl and his staff and as a parent I'm one of them although my kids had great coaches with similar values as ctl.

Be careful you may get what you ask for sometime.

As for SOR they will fight till the whistle blows always have and I suspect they always will Go SOR!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spike I understand your pain but sometimes you have to remember the coaches haven't missed a tackle dropped a pass or missed a block all year. They train condition and mentor teenagers that have a mind of their own. There are many schools around the country that would love to have ctl and his staff and as a parent I'm one of them although my kids had great coaches with similar values as ctl.

Be careful you may get what you ask for sometime.

As for SOR they will fight till the whistle blows always have and I suspect they always will Go SOR!

I get what your sayin but me personally I would be perfectly fine with a new coordinator that came in and threw the ball and spread people out. Even Scott High has a more entertaining offense to watch. I mean you can only run the ball so much!

I get what your sayin but me personally I would be perfectly fine with a new coordinator that came in and threw the ball and spread people out. Even Scott High has a more entertaining offense to watch. I mean you can only run the ball so much!

Spike I'm gonna put this the only way I know how. If you feel SHS is mor entertaining to watch then go watch them.

No explosion intended but there's no reason to call for the OC's head. Everyone agrees Oneida needed to throw more, that is happening and becoming more frequent each week but let's be realistic. First you don't go from 40 attempts per season to 40 attempts per game overnight, that's Xbox coaching expectations IMO. Second if anyone ever comes to an Oneida game expecting a shotgun spread pass heavy game they will leave disappointed, just the way it is. Lastly while a good portion of the game of American tackle rules football is X's and O's, to quote the ole saying, it's a lot about the Jimmy's and Joe's also. I'm being as open and honest as I can be when I say we don't have the personnel to do that. I love this team, these coaches and this program as much as anyone and more than most but I'll be the first to say we're not to high up on the speed charts. We have one or two that have fair speed but not anything I'd call fast. Virtually every team we will see this year will have more speed than us. The biggest problem though, I posted earlier, it's the heart and desire of some of the players. We have a few that would break off their own leg and throw it at the ball carrier if they thought it would bring him down and I love watching that kind of player. We also have some that will just barely break the huddle because it requires effort. That's where it is folks, at least this year. Normally I cannot say that thankfully but if anyone out there is wondering "what's going on with Oneida?" this year right there it is. I'd rather watch us catch a mercy rule tail whipping every week with kids out there going all out than watch us go undefeated going half hearted on the field and that's the honest truth. As I said in an earlier post, there's some soul searching needs to be done and those that need to do it know who they are. Those that are going all out know who they are as well so my comments are not meant for them. This team is not the biggest or fastest we've ever had but they are talented and capable of beating a lot of bigger and faster teams, but not by just showing up. Someone better step up to the leadership role and fast. The coaches can't do that for you, it's gotta come from you, good enough is not good enough.

Spike I apologize if my earlier post offended you but that's all I know to tell you. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the way we do some things on offense but the changes you're looking for aren't going to happen I don't believe regardless of who the OC, DC, AD or HC is. Funny thing is I was getting a hair cut today and heard similar comments from some of the Highlander faithful about their OC and play calling so I guess not everyone finds everything to be satisfactory. I do know the years we rush for 300 ypg nobody minds and I can assure you if we threw 30 times and lost there would be an uprising. Them whistles are a heavier burden than most care to realize.

PCC? Pride, Class and Character. Yeah that's it, that's where it's at. It's not just about a slogan or a catchy t-shirt, it's about living your life whether it football, school work, family life, job performance or any other aspect of life be it high school or beyond. Conduct your life with pride, class and character in all aspects and you would be amazed what you can accomplish.

Sorry for the soap box rant but I needed to get it out there.

Edited by crow

No explosion intended but there's no reason to call for the OC's head. Everyone agrees Oneida needed to throw more, that is happening and becoming more frequent each week but let's be realistic. First you don't go from 40 attempts per season to 40 attempts per game overnight, that's Xbox coaching expectations IMO. Second if anyone ever comes to an Oneida game expecting a shotgun spread pass heavy game they will leave disappointed, just the way it is. Lastly while a good portion of the game of American tackle rules football is X's and O's, to quote the ole saying, it's a lot about the Jimmy's and Joe's also. I'm being as open and honest as I can be when I say we don't have the personnel to do that. I love this team, these coaches and this program as much as anyone and more than most but I'll be the first to say we're not to high up on the speed charts. We have one or two that have fair speed but not anything I'd call fast. Virtually every team we will see this year will have more speed than us. The biggest problem though, I posted earlier, it's the heart and desire of some of the players. We have a few that would break off their own leg and throw it at the ball carrier if they thought it would bring him down and I love watching that kind of player. We also have some that will just barely break the huddle because it requires effort. That's where it is folks, at least this year. Normally I cannot say that thankfully but if anyone out there is wondering "what's going on with Oneida?" this year right there it is. I'd rather watch us catch a mercy rule tail whipping every week with kids out there going all out than watch us go undefeated going half hearted on the field and that's the honest truth. As I said in an earlier post, there's some soul searching needs to be done and those that need to do it know who they are. Those that are going all out know who they are as well so my comments are not meant for them. This team is not the biggest or fastest we've ever had but they are talented and capable of beating a lot of bigger and faster teams, but not by just showing up. Someone better step up to the leadership role and fast. The coaches can't do that for you, it's gotta come from you, good enough is not good enough.

Spike I apologize if my earlier post offended you but that's all I know to tell you. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the way we do some things on offense but the changes you're looking for aren't going to happen I don't believe regardless of who the OC, DC, AD or HC is. Funny thing is I was getting a hair cut today and heard similar comments from some of the Highlander faithful about their OC and play calling so I guess not everyone finds everything to be satisfactory. I do know the years we rush for 300 ypg nobody minds and I can assure you if we threw 30 times and lost there would be an uprising. Them whistles are a heavier burden than most care to realize.

PCC? Pride, Class and Character. Yeah that's it, that's where it's at. It's not just about a slogan or a catchy t-shirt, it's about living your life whether it football, school work, family life, job performance or any other aspect of life be it high school or beyond. Conduct your life with pride, class and character in all aspects and you would be amazed what you can accomplish.

Not bad at all Crow.

This is the Crow we all know and respect. He is right, PCC is not a slogan. It's an unspoken way of life!

Great post Crow! You did not offend me at all. I just have my opinion and I let it out there. I do go watch Scott games and would love for us to run an offense like they do. I just get fed up with the same stuff year after year. I don't care to let people know how I feel. I just hope this team finds themselves before its to late. I will always support the Indians but before everyone blames it on the players maybe the staff should ask themselves what they can do to put our team in a better way to win. I agree they have been passing more but 3rd down just won't cut it. Especially when it's 3rd and a mile before you decide to throw it. I have seen it year after year. The strong run game may work really well in regular season but when you get into playoff football it will be stopped just like it has been the past 4 to 5 years.