Dresden travels to Lake County

dtownfan364

Thanks Swo. Several of our fans think Malone should been gone after first incident and especially after the second one. And I'm one of the ones that said give him second chance but I'm very skeptical about it at this point. Its a distraction our kids don't need.

I just got what I wanted, for you and others to say Malone is a problem for your team.  case closed for me!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say that Wilkes is a tremendous talent BUT he had at least 100 yds on 2 carries last night. The other 70 yds came on at least 25-30 carries. We are not giving the Dresden defense any credit here. They played extremely well last night. Wilkes is a threat to break one any time he touches it. We held him to two touchdowns and one was very late in the game. I will say that he runs it and gets up and runs it again. There is alot of pressure on this young man and he seems to handle it very well. One poster said we sold out against the run and all I can say to that is a coach should be fired if he doesn't sell out against the run against LC because they can't throw it at all. Can we beat UC and Trenton? That remains to be seen but I will not get on here and say that we can't beat them. I am sure Dresden players get on here and if our own fans think we can't beat them what does that tell our young men? And yso, if we hold UC under 200 yds rushing we will spank them because they do not have a running back that can be mentioned in the same breathe as Wilkes.

If we hold UC to under 200 yards rushing we win by 21.

Watched the game on HUDL and the ejection is questionable at best. Our player did slap the LC player on the helmet. So the rule states punch, what constitutes a punch? Bottom line is he was ejected and I highly doubt TSSAA reverses the suspension. He is a good kid and basically a red shirt freshmen cause he was hurt last year. He will learn and be better for it. I'm not going to say we can't beat UC this year but IMO I think we have a better shot next year. We haven't played a team that is close to UC. But Trenton will tell the tell for me.

Watched the game on HUDL and the ejection is questionable at best. Our player did slap the LC player on the helmet. So the rule states punch, what constitutes a punch? Bottom line is he was ejected and I highly doubt TSSAA reverses the suspension. He is a good kid and basically a red shirt freshmen cause he was hurt last year. He will learn and be better for it. I'm not going to say we can't beat UC this year but IMO I think we have a better shot next year. We haven't played a team that is close to UC. But Trenton will tell the tell for me.

No he shouldn't have been kicked out. It's obvious if you saw the "altercation". And thanks for the "better" shot next year support....Malone is a beast, but we have plenty of answers for him. Wilks is just as good as Malone in my opinion...but it takes more than 1

Play the game. Did The Trenton kid have problems with discipline last year? Just curious. I think dresden can compete with anyone this year if they clean up penalties and get a few breaks. Talk is cheap....the truth is always evident Friday nights. I will cheer for any of the west Tennessee teams that make it to state. We have great local football!

Play the game. Did The Trenton kid have problems with discipline last year? Just curious. I think dresden can compete with anyone this year if they clean up penalties and get a few breaks. Talk is cheap....the truth is always evident Friday nights. I will cheer for any of the west Tennessee teams that make it to state. We have great local football!

I've heard a lot of time from some great Coaches B) that the game is 90% mental and 10% execution and punishment....We will clean up the penalties and this isn't any longer an option...and I quote.   â€‹

I've heard a lot of time from some great Coaches B) that the game is 90% mental and 10% execution and punishment....We will clean up the penalties and this isn't any longer an option...and I quote. ​

So now we know Reaper is a young former player that hasn't learned good sportsmanship yet. Come on Reaper...don't make the entire Dresden fan base look bad on here.

Congrats to Dresden.Not hiding.I havent been getting on after games or on weekends .Can check previous posts.Anyway.I thought Lake Co would score more points but Dresden was better than expected to me.Quarterback was super,number 1 along with several others.Could have scored at will anytime they had the ball against our defense,which I kinda thought going in.Wilkes earnrd every yard he got.Dresden just maight give UC a game.And if Trenton QB is out like I heard Friday night,going with Dresden to at least finish 2nd.Congrats on the win.Just too much.

First let me say that Wilkes is a tremendous talent BUT he had at least 100 yds on 2 carries last night.  The other 70 yds came on at least 25-30 carries.  We are not giving the Dresden defense any credit here.  They played extremely well last night.  Wilkes is a threat to break one any time he touches it.  We held him to two touchdowns and one was very late in the game.  I will say that he runs it and gets up and runs it again.  There is alot of pressure on this young man and he seems to handle it very well.  One poster said we sold out against the run and all I can say to that is a coach should be fired if he doesn't sell out against the run against LC because they can't throw it at all.  Can we beat UC and Trenton?  That remains to be seen but I will not get on here and say that we can't beat them.  I am sure Dresden players get on here and if our own fans think we can't beat them what does that tell our young men?  And yso, if we hold UC under 200 yds rushing we will spank them because they do not have a running back that can be mentioned in the same breathe as Wilkes

. Dresden contained Wilkes from breaking a long one.But Dresden was keying on him all night.Number 6 I think was his number,moved to the side Wilkes was each play.You saying he had 70 yards on 2 carries.That counts as much as the other carries.But to look at the stats the way you are trying to construe them on those 2 carries.I think one of them was about 30 yards because that was all the field we had.From 30 yards out.He clearly had broken from everyone .So had that same play been from Dresden's 10 yard line,could have been a 90 yarder.But Dresden played really well.Put Wilkes in Dresden's lineup.Or let Wilkes run against that same Lake co defense.Wilkes would have 500 yards.So.Yes he was held to just 170 yards...lol..A lot of kids would love that.