Wayne County @ Bruceton

wildcat89

My main concern about WC is I am not sure if they will out run us, but they have some very physical runners. Like get out of the way a bus is coming runners. Most of the teams Bruceton has faced this year were more finesse teams. I am curious to see how Bruceton plays a team that is going to hit them in the mouth. As far as Bruceton going for 2pt every time there is a reason for that, not one I am proud of but a reason non the less.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WC will hit u in the mouth no doubt and can b finesse as well. They have about (7) guys that can tote the rock each having different styles. However seeing a few plays from Bruceton, I think they have an all around good team both offensively and defensively. This will b a tough game for both teams. Looking forward to the game. Go Cats!!

Guys coaches clocking kids in 40 times is not accurate. I highly doubt he runs a 4.3. Probably a 4.5 which is still fast when compared to average kids. Coaches dont mean to but they embellish those times to make everyone feel good

No doubt a 4.5 is always going to be the fatest or at least top 3 at a HS. People dont realize how fast a 4.3 actually is. Only about 5% of the NFL is running in the 4.3s. #49 for Bruceton runs a real 4.38...go watch his film. No offense to the coach who said #9 ran a 4.3 but I watched the kid play and id say more around 4.5-4.6. Either way like i first stated Maners is a good kid regardless of his 40 yard dash time!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

WC will hit u in the mouth no doubt and can b finesse as well. They have about (7) guys that can tote the rock each having different styles. However seeing a few plays from Bruceton, I think they have an all around good team both offensively and defensively. This will b a tough game for both teams. Looking forward to the game. Go Cats!!

WC's line is good, but not great...the biggest problem is the backs themselves. Don't know about 7, but they have three or four sledgehammers in the backfield. Any of their featured backs carrying, with the other blocking will steamroll most high school DB's and lots of linebackers...stack the line and Rice is very accurate with short and intermediate passes. Better make dang sure that everyone plays their assignments, but swarm the ball on every play or a sure tackle will turn into a big gain. Their running game would be hard to stop with an average QB to worry about running and passing, and Rice isn't average at either.

Guys coaches clocking kids in 40 times is not accurate. I highly doubt he runs a 4.3. Probably a 4.5 which is still fast when compared to average kids. Coaches dont mean to but they embellish those times to make everyone feel good

First i am a Camden Lions fan not a Tigers fan our RB #33 DeShawn Brown runs a 4.54 40 clocked at a few summer Camps by college scouts..#49 for Bruceton is faster and was clocked at some of those same camps.. he has it. No doubt ! while it is no doubt rare but not impossible. 

WC's line is good, but not great...the biggest problem is the backs themselves. Don't know about 7, but they have three or four sledgehammers in the backfield. Any of their featured backs carrying, with the other blocking will steamroll most high school DB's and lots of linebackers...stack the line and Rice is very accurate with short and intermediate passes. Better make dang sure that everyone plays their assignments, but swarm the ball on every play or a sure tackle will turn into a big gain. Their running game would be hard to stop with an average QB to worry about running and passing, and Rice isn't average at either.

Number 7 is one of WC three backs that will run over you and given running room is very fast. 7 weighs about 210, 4 weighs about 215 and 20 weighs about 250, all are bruising running backs with good speed for their size. 20 and 7 have been playing a lot at defensive tackle so it's limited their amount of carries due to resting a few plays. Mathis and Davis are usually the backs that run the outside routes and sweeps, both are very fast along with Harris. This is the most quality backs I have ever seen at WC on the team at the same time, we've had some good ones but not more than two or three at once. Then you got Rice who weighs about 215 at qb that will take off and run and is also very elusive and hard to bring down, he loves to lower his shoulder and take on the tacklers. Edited by wildcat89

Number 7 is one of WC three backs that will run over you and given running room is very fast. 7 weighs about 210, 4 weighs about 215 and 20 weighs about 250, all are bruising running backs with good speed for their size. 20 and 7 have been playing a lot at defensive tackle so it's limited their amount of carries due to resting a few plays. Mathis and Davis are usually the backs that run the outside routes and sweeps, both are very fast along with Harris. This is the most quality backs I have ever seen at WC on the team at the same time, we've had some good ones but not more than two or three at once. Then you got Rice who weighs about 215 at qb that will take off and run and is also very elusive and hard to bring down, he loves to lower his shoulder and take on the tacklers.

That about sums it up!! We got physicality in spades! And some great speed with #8 that kid is amazing. He is actually leading the team in rushing yards with an avg of 15(!) yards per carry!! #4/#5/#7 All have between 22 & 25 carries on the yr. So we sort those carries out quite a bit to keep em fresh and to keep the defense tired. Just when we got you thinking run....BOOM Rice will Hit our All State TE Dillon Horton who has almost 300yards receiving already thru 4 games and if not him #15 or #10 both have close to 150 yards themselves catching the ball. Thing is this team is LOADED with depth. Depth like ive never seen before.

First i am a Camden Lions fan not a Tigers fan our RB #33 DeShawn Brown runs a 4.54 40 clocked at a few summer Camps by college scouts..#49 for Bruceton is faster and was clocked at some of those same camps.. he has it. No doubt ! while it is no doubt rare but not impossible.

Yeah no doubt I believe 49 runs in the high 4.3s low 4.4s. Ive heard it from to many credible sources not to. But most kids and/or coaches will shave off .01 or .02 so instead of running a 4.8 they say a 4.6 range. Its a confidence booster and has been going on for years and years. I ran a 4.58 but consistently ran 4.60 flat as a SR way back when and I can tell you that if your under that 4.6 mark in 1A TN HS....your prob going to play at the next level in some form. Its just very hard to get into that 4.5 range. The fastest guy that I have ever seen run was our All State RB in 2005 CJ Hammack who rushed for over 2000 yards that season and he ran a 4.55...LEGIT times.