NavyChief

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Harpeth on film, I have the following observations:

Offense:

* Runs the I-formation 80% of the time.

* Lots of pulling guard plays to get to the outside edge.

* #14 at fullback blocks really well.

* #14 at tailback runs very hard. He is 75% of their offense.

* Many deep passes are dropped. Short passes have a better reception rate.

* They do run some from the spread with 4 or 5 wide outs, but not very often.

* Lots of big plays called back for penalties.

Defense:

* #14 at Sam LB is a tackling machine.  Real nose for the ball and is responsible for most of the tackles. Very fast.

* Whole defense swarms to the ball, especially when the offense is running the Read Option.

* Secondary is questionable on passing plays.  Many blown coverages.

Special Teams:

* Kickoff team is giving short field to the receiving team consistently.

* Punter is average, but good downfield coverage.

* Extra points are consistent.

It is noticeable when Harpeth's #14 is not on offense and defense.  If he gets injured or exhausted from going both ways, it will hurt Harpeth.  I give our passing game the edge vs. Harpeth's secondary coverage. If we can put a block on #14, our running game will succeed.  Looking forward to Friday night.....time to start playing consistent football from here on out.

Go Big Black!!

Harpeth looks scary on paper. Mainly because I don't know if we (Fairview) could score 62 points without a defensive opposition at all! :D

I would be excited if we did that! I hope our boys jump out of this muck they have been in  like yours did last week. I am highly disappointed. I cant imagine how the Players and Coaches feel

Well Camden got the much needed win...The Indians had to leave feeling cheated.

At 17-7 Harpeth with 3 minutes left in the half..Camden has a bad snap in shotgun and as the QB stretches out to get the ball on the ground the ref blows his whistle..except He didn't recover he pushed it away Indians scoop and score.... would have been 24-7 at the half..except they didn't  Dead ball! Hapeths ball  at the 50 After  3 and out  Camdens Brown goes 89 yards on the first carry  17-14  at the half.

We in the stands felt so bad for your team and that kid...If it had happened to us we probably would have rioted.. Your Coach was upset no doubt but very professional. Glad for the win but sorry for your loss..Good hardnosed  disciplined football team you guys have..hope #3 bounces back next week that ankle looked bad