Grundy vs upperman

gcjackets18

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said I though Whitwell was bad, running them down is your job and your real good at it.I think they are on pace. Whitwell loss showed where this team started. A team of first year players should have beat a good watertown team, ready to play or not, grundy is learning as they go. The REALITY is that Grundy is improving. That should be their goal and their hitting it.

I'm not arguing the fact that Grundy will improve.. They have no where to go but up.. It's just gonna take them 2 years to win 4 games.. When these freshmen are soph they'll compete and when they're seniors they'll be 6-4 which is good for Grundy.. I ain't hating it's just the facts.. Where's beaver Edited by GeorgeWBush

Grundy would be a lot better if one of our two quarterbacks would have stayed on the mountain instead of going to sequatchie county and south Pittsburg..the south Pittsburg one should be investigate by the tssaa because that boy still lives in Grundy county and i thought u had to live within south pittsburgs city limits to go to south Pittsburg..or atleast in Marion county

Grundy would be a lot better if one of our two quarterbacks would have stayed on the mountain instead of going to sequatchie county and south Pittsburg..the south Pittsburg one should be investigate by the tssaa because that boy still lives in Grundy county and i thought u had to live within south pittsburgs city limits to go to south Pittsburg..or atleast in Marion county

It sounds as if you have got a touch of sour grapes. If he does infact still live in GC, then I do believe it is against TSSAA rules/regulations for him to be playing at SP without a bonafide change of address. Calling for an investigation is a bit petty even though I do understand where you're coming from. ALL players should have to abide by the same rules IMO. They are all wrote out for a perfectly good reason afterall.

Is SC's starting QB (Maynard is his name I think) the QB that left Grundy County and went to play for the Squatch? Or is the kid (QB) that went from GC to the Squatch a back up, and Maynard has been at the Squatch all along?

If it is Maynard, then that really sucks for GC. Maynard is a fine looking QB. Also, if it was Maynard, was he the starter last year at GC, or was the kid that's currently starting at QB for South Pittsburg last years starter for GC?

I seem to remember reading that the starting QB at Grundy County last year put up some pretty impressive stats last season. Well above average stats for all QBs in the entire state of Tennessee actually. I'm guessing that it was most likely Maynard starting at QB last season for Grundy County. I hope I'm not wrong about that, or this whole lengthy post is pointless and useless too.

Losing Maynard would have to of been an extremely tough loss for GC. He had to of been GC's best player. Surely their up most best offensive player at the very least. And most likely the team leader too. What grade is he in now?

I can't say I much blame him for wanting to leave the GC program though. He as well as every other player could see the writing on the wall. They all knew this would be an awfully lean year, and bad season to boot for GC as far as wins and losses go.

The only difference between him and the majority of other Grundy County players is that he had the means to actually get out of the county and join a new team. His entire situation, and I'm speaking strictly about football, is 100% better for him now.

I'm sure he has a ton of haters out there due to him quitting the team and joining a rivals squad, and that's unfortunate. As far as I'm concerned though, he was just trying to better himself. With that being said, it's hard for me to find much fault in any of that.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

It sounds as if you have got a touch of sour grapes. If he does infact still live in GC, then I do believe it is against TSSAA rules/regulations for him to be playing at SP without a bonafide change of address. Calling for an investigation is a bit petty even though I do understand where you're coming from. ALL players should have to abide by the same rules IMO. They are all wrote out for a perfectly good reason afterall.

Is SC's starting QB (Maynard is his name I think) the QB that left Grundy County and went to play for the Squatch? Or is the kid (QB) that went from GC to the Squatch a back up, and Maynard has been at the Squatch all along?

If it is Maynard, then that really sucks for GC. Maynard is a fine looking QB. Also, if it was Maynard, was he the starter last year at GC, or was the kid that's currently starting at QB for South Pittsburg last years starter for GC?

I seem to remember reading that the starting QB at Grundy County last year put up some pretty impressive stats last season. Well above average stats for all QBs in the entire state of Tennessee actually. I'm guessing that it was most likely Maynard starting at QB last season for Grundy County. I hope I'm not wrong about that, or this whole lengthy post is pointless and useless too.

Losing Maynard would have to of been an extremely tough loss for GC. He had to of been GC's best player. Surely their up most best offensive player at the very least. And most likely the team leader too. What grade is he in now?

I can't say I much blame him for wanting to leave the GC program though. He as well as every other player could see the writing on the wall. They all knew this would be an awfully lean year, and bad season to boot for GC as far as wins and losses go.

The only difference between him and the majority of other Grundy County players is that he had the means to actually get out of the county and join a new team. His entire situation, and I'm speaking strictly about football, is 100% better for him now.

I'm sure he has a ton of haters out there due to him quitting the team and joining a rivals squad, and that's unfortunate. As far as I'm concerned though, he was just trying to better himself. With that being said, it's hard for me to find much fault in any of that.

You are correct mainord was grundys starter for 2 years.he did have impressive numbers even as a freshman playing a limited time because of a shoulder injury.Hollen didn't play last season but is a good athlete.wins and loses are not the only problem at Grundy.Filling vacated pe positions with non coaching uncertified "teachers" does not build your program.

You are correct mainord was grundys starter for 2 years.he did have impressive numbers even as a freshman playing a limited time because of a shoulder injury.Hollen didn't play last season but is a good athlete.wins and loses are not the only problem at Grundy.Filling vacated pe positions with non coaching uncertified "teachers" does not build your program.

Thanks for clearing the Maynard questions up. Now is Hollen GCs current starting QB, or is he the other QB that went to SP?