Wk. 5 Region 7 – 5A

pilgrim

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a dog in this fight but do know a coach from that area.  Since Pilrim posted Rossview's winning seasons at 5 of 14, how many has Clarksville had.  I think someone posted that began playing football in the early 1900's (maybe 1908/9).  So what is there overall record and how many winning seasons have they have in 100+ years.  Don't count seasons where they won half of there games.

Don't have a dog in this fight but do know a coach from that area.  Since Pilgrim posted Rossview's winning seasons at 5 of 14, how many has Clarksville had.  I think someone posted they began playing football in the early 1900's (maybe 1908/9).  So what is there overall record and how many winning seasons have they have in 106 years.  Don't count seasons where they won half of there games.

Brentwood

Centennial 

Rossview

Henry County

The best game here, by a long shot, is Rossview-Clarksville. I know both of these teams are chomping at the bit to get at each other. Should be a great game. This has turned into a great rivalry in a relativity short period of time ( 13 or 14 years?) as Rossview is a young school. My understanding is it was sold out on Tuesday. This is what High school football is about. 

Don't have a dog in this fight but do know a coach from that area.  Since Pilrim posted Rossview's winning seasons at 5 of 14, how many has Clarksville had.  I think someone posted that began playing football in the early 1900's (maybe 1908/9).  So what is there overall record and how many winning seasons have they have in 100+ years.  Don't count seasons where they won half of there games.

Tracking down over 100 years of football is beyond my dedication, but here are similar stats for Clarksville:

7 winning seasons out of 14

78 – 74 Record during that time. (4 Wins against Henry County)

5 – 10 Playoff record.

I want to know the history of Clarksville HS football for 100+ years.  # of winning seasons, overall record Wins - Lost -Tied, probably haven't tied a game in over 25 years.

From what has been shown on early post, Rossview and Clarksville look like similar programs as far as the past 14 years go.

Edited by devilsden

Tracking down over 100 years of football is beyond my dedication, but here are similar stats for Clarksville:

7 winning seasons out of 14

78 – 74 Record during that time. (4 Wins against Henry County)

5 – 10 Playoff record.

Wins in the early 2000s against HC aren't a very big accomplishment. That was the worst period of HC football ever and just plain awful to watch.

From what has been shown on early post, Rossview and Clarksville look like similar programs as far as the past 14 years go.

Rossview has had a few good seasons lately but to compare them to a CHS team that happened to be down those same years is a little insulting. Again here are those figures for the last 14 years.

Clarksville vs Rossview (14 Year Comparison)

Series Results

-CHS 8-4 (67%)

-RHS 4-8 (33%)

Records:

-CHS 78-74 (51%)

-RHS 63-84 (42%)

Playoffs Appearances:

-CHS 15 / (4)2nd round / (1)3rd round

-RHS 7 / (1) 2nd round

I want to know the history of Clarksville HS football for 100+ years. # of winning seasons, overall record Wins - Lost -Tied, probably haven't tied a game in over 25 years.

Clarksville was a powerhouse back in the 40's, 50's and 60's. They always gave Gallatin and Springfield tough games.