South Pittsburg vs Grundy (Grider against this Tate man)

Roy Dillard

Off the subject of high school but on the subject of football at Grundy...when I played little league back many moons ago there was a North Grundy and a South Grundy. Is that still the same? Why not be just...Grundy. Was it something to do with being Coalmont or Monteagle? Also, one of them actually had a football field, but the other we played in the outfield of the a baseball field. It seems like North was mostly purple with some yellow, but South was mostly yellow with some purple. Sorry, just going down memory lane, which my memory isn't too good these days so correct me if I'm wrong.

North Grundy was orange and white atleast when i was young south Grundy was purple and gold..but they disbanded north Grundy i dunno why they did just heard that he did

Thanks ambassador. That's the 1st time I think you've agreed with anything I've said. I feel like I should get a free coacht shirt or hat. Seriously Pickett had some really good years in the early 90's with them mountain boys. Never could beat those good teams that KC had then but always competed and jasper new they were in a fight. One class won 3 out of 4 against S.P. That was when you could consider games with Grundy to be a rivalry. Would be nice to see Grundy compete year in and year out.

I remember seeing one of Picket's teams in either the 93 playoffs or 94 playoffs hammer Knox West in the 2nd or 3rd round in Knoxville.  I had a perfect view from the north endzone from my apartment when I was in grad school at UT.  UT has since dozed those and put something else there. 

I wasn't aware any Grundy boys were being investigated.  Hope it all works out for the good.

Back in the day we dreaded going to Grundy.  They always had some tough mountain boys who could inflict some damage.  Our ace in the hole was Wigfall.  Didn't take much blocking for him to zip through and score.  I'm hoping Jojo and Chase will do likewise.  Our offensive front is getting better, too.  But, to tell the truth, we've struggled every game so far this year.  Copper Basin threw some plays at us that tested us, and I expect Grundy to do the same.  But I feel confident we'll win this one.

I wasn't aware any Grundy boys were being investigated. Hope it all works out for the good.

Back in the day we dreaded going to Grundy. They always had some tough mountain boys who could inflict some damage. Our ace in the hole was Wigfall. Didn't take much blocking for him to zip through and score. I'm hoping Jojo and Chase will do likewise. Our offensive front is getting better, too. But, to tell the truth, we've struggled every game so far this year. Copper Basin threw some plays at us that tested us, and I expect Grundy to do the same. But I feel confident we'll win this one.

no one does. It hasn't made it entirely public yet