TN Mr. Football top three...so far...

Haven04

I do believe Mr. Hurd has more than proven he is/was the best out of those 3 players and deserved the award. Mitchell has the better stats because of the offense he plays in, but I'm not even sure he's the best WR in the state right now pound for pound. I think Higgins may have something to say about that, and he is a year younger too.

I wasn't trying to say that he (Mr Hurd) didn't deserve the award. In fact, what I was saying ... oh nevermind.

LOL ... believe what you will ... but ...Mitchell's stats aren't due to the offense he plays in. He has his stats because he's just freakin' awsome and he is just better then everybody else he plays against. Those guys come along very rarely, and when they do ... get some popcorn, have a seat, and just watch the show. You can't scheme, design, or coach what he does. It's God given ability. Watch for yourself below.

I'll give his coach this much credit however ... he's smart enough to be inventive enough to create ways to get the ball in his hands.

I don't know anything about Mr. Higgins. He may be all of that and a slice of bread. However, I do know this ... Mr. Mitchell has done these exploits against top notch competition.

I will give you a link to watch some of his HUDL highlights ... but I'm going to list the schools that he just plain made look silly last year as a junior below. I'm talking multiple TDs in each game in various ways ... as a WR (in air, on the ground), Special Teams (PR, KR), occasioanly he plays safety and he's had some pick-6s, that aren't your average pick-6s ... took one to the house this year against Arlington that was over 100 yards to put the game away. (See the link below against Arlington 2015)

South Panola (MS) aka The University of South Panola

CBHS (Christian Brothers High School)

Oakland (Murphreesburo)

Whitehaven

Memphis East

Arlington

Edited by kwc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't trying to say that he (Mr Hurd) didn't deserve the award. In fact, what I was saying ... oh nevermind.

LOL ... believe what you will ... but ...Mitchell's stats aren't due to the offense he plays in. He has his stats because he's just freakin' awsome and he is just better then everybody else he plays against. Those guys come along very rarely, and when they do ... get some popcorn, have a seat, and just watch the show. You can't scheme, design, or coach what he does. It's God given ability. Watch for yourself below.

I'll give his coach this much credit however ... he's smart enough to be inventive enough to create ways to get the ball in his hands.

I don't know anything about Mr. Higgins. He may be all of that and a slice of bread. However, I do know this ... Mr. Mitchell has done these exploits against top notch competition.

I will give you a link to watch some of his HUDL highlights ... but I'm going to list the schools that he just plain made look silly last year as a junior below. I'm talking multiple TDs in each game in various ways ... as a WR (in air, on the ground), Special Teams (PR, KR), occasioanly he plays safety and he's had some pick-6s, that aren't your average pick-6s ... took one to the house this year against Arlington that was over 100 yards to put the game away. (See the link below against Arlington 2015)

South Panola (MS) aka The University of South Panola

CBHS (Christian Brothers High School)

Oakland (Murphreesburo)

Whitehaven

Memphis East

Arlington

Mitchell is a fine player with impressive highlights, but going off the eye test, I just believe Higgins is better. Higgins runs better routes, has 4.5 speed too, plus has ideal height at 6'4. The experts seem to agree with me too. 

Mitchell is a 0.90 4 star prospect while Higgins is a 0.97 4 star and will more than likely be a 5 star before it's all said and done.

Mitchell is ranked 269 in the nation while Higgins is ranked 42. That is a HUGE difference. Higgins has more offers as a junior than Mitchell does as a senior.

I do believe Mr. Hurd has more than proven he is/was the best out of those 3 players and deserved the award. Mitchell has the better stats because of the offense he plays in, but I'm not even sure he's the best WR in the state right now pound for pound. I think Higgins may have something to say about that, and he is a year younger too.

"The young man at Beech had an even more impressive year than the RB at Whitehaven...."

It's called CONTEXT.    Duh.

It's perfectly fine to support your boy Higgins but trust me (and MANY others) Mitchell is a PHENOM and NOBODY will touch him for Mr. Football.  Even if you knew nothing else, DM signed with OREGON as a JUNIOR.  He scores in every possible way. and often.  The posted videos will give you an idea of his talent, but it is even more apparent seeing it in person.

"The young man at Beech had an even more impressive year than the RB at Whitehaven...."

It's called CONTEXT.    Duh.

It's perfectly fine to support your boy Higgins but trust me (and MANY others) Mitchell is a PHENOM and NOBODY will touch him for Mr. Football.  Even if you knew nothing else, DM signed with OREGON as a JUNIOR.  He scores in every possible way. and often.  The posted videos will give you an idea of his talent, but it is even more apparent seeing it in person.

I AGREE DILLON MITCHELL WILL BE MR. FOOTBALL HANDS DOWN IMO...THE STARS UP IN THE SKY MEAN MORE THAN THE ONES THAT THESE PLAYERS HAVE WHEN THEY GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL...THERE IS STILL ANOTHER LEARNING CURVE AND THE INJURY FACTOR....WHEN YOU TOUCH THE BALL LESS THAN 10 TIMES AND PUT UP THE NUMBERS HE DID....IN ONE GAME!!! YOU ARE A BONAFIED PLAYMAKER...NOT AGAINST A CUPCAKE....BUT A LEGIT STATE CONTENDER IN ARLINGTON

THIS KID CAN PLAY BASKETBALL AND IS JUST AS IMPRESSIVE....AND REMEMBERTHE SUPERBOWL STUDS WERE NOT 5STAR...

AND I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PERFORMANCE OF MD 2012 ON THE BIG STAGE AGAINST THE MULTIPLE STATE CHAMPIONS...#LOP

Quoting DCTIGERFAN: "....Higgins has more offers as a junior than Mitchell does as a senior"

Just how many offers do you think Mitchell should be getting as a senior when he has already signed with Oregon as a junior? Again...duh...

You can't sign anywhere as a junior only commit. The same could be said about higgins since he has committed as a junior also. Mute point. Both are going to do great at the next level Edited by Swipes

Mitchell is a fine player with impressive highlights, but going off the eye test, I just believe Higgins is better. Higgins runs better routes, has 4.5 speed too, plus has ideal height at 6'4. The experts seem to agree with me too. 

Mitchell is a 0.90 4 star prospect while Higgins is a 0.97 4 star and will more than likely be a 5 star before it's all said and done.

Mitchell is ranked 269 in the nation while Higgins is ranked 42. That is a HUGE difference. Higgins has more offers as a junior than Mitchell does as a senior.

The portion I highlighted above is your opinion. You are entitled to it, but it's nothing that can be proved through discussion. Don't get me wrong, you could be on point, but you have to understand ... just because that's what YOU think, doesn't necessarily make it a true or accurate assesment.

Did you not read where I stated that Mitchell verballed as a Junior? He's already committed. Who else is going to offer him this year when he's been telling everybody he's going to Oregon since last year?

As far as recruiting services are concerned ... that just proves that both players are elite ... now it comes down to production. Get us some stats so we can see how productive Mr. Higgins is compared to Mr. Mitchell.

Currently, through September 24th according to the Shelby Metro Sports Blog, Mr. Mitchell has the following stats:

Rushing:

22 Att., 453 Yds,  20.6 ypc (avg.), 7 TDs - (22nd in area in total yds, highest ypc in area, tied for 13th in area for rushing TDs)

Receiving:

35 Rec., 612 Yds, 17.5 yds/Rec. (avg), 11 TDs - (2nd in area in ttl yds, 1st in area for Rec. TDs)

Interceptions:

2 Int., 122 Yds, 61 yds/Int., 1 TD - (Tied for 6th in area for number of INTs, 1st in area in Yds)

Scoring:

19 TDs for 114 points - (1st in area)\

All Purpose Yards:

249.4 Yds/Gm (3rd in area)

These stats are courtesy of the Shelby Metro Sports Blog page. They keep up with the statistics throughout the season for high school football in the Shelby Metro area.

Edited by kwc

The portion I highlighted above is your opinion. You are entitled to it, but it's nothing that can be proved through discussion. Don't get me wrong, you could be on point, but you have to understand ... just because that's what YOU think, doesn't necessarily make it a true or accurate assesment.

Did you not read where I stated that Mitchell verballed as a Junior? He's already committed. Who else is going to offer him this year when he's been telling everybody he's going to Oregon since last year?

As far as recruiting services are concerned ... that just proves that both players are elite ... now it comes down to production. Get us some stats so we can see how productive Mr. Higgins is compared to Mr. Mitchell.

Currently, through September 24th according to the Shelby Metro Sports Blog, Mr. Mitchell has the following stats:

Rushing:

22 Att., 453 Yds, 20.6 ypc (avg.), 7 TDs - (22nd in area in total yds, highest ypc in area, tied for 13th in area for rushing TDs)

Receiving:

35 Rec., 612 Yds, 17.5 yds/Rec. (avg), 11 TDs - (2nd in area in ttl yds, 1st in area for Rec. TDs)

Interceptions:

2 Int., 122 Yds, 61 yds/Int., 1 TD - (Tied for 6th in area for number of INTs, 1st in area in Yds)

Scoring:

19 TDs for 114 points - (1st in area)\

All Purpose Yards:

249.4 Yds/Gm (3rd in area)

These stats are courtesy of the Shelby Metro Sports Blog page. They keep up with the statistics throughout the season for high school football in the Shelby Metro area.

Just because you commit to a school doesn't mean others schools should stop recruiting you or offering you. I've seen many ppl commit as junior and get flipped throughout the year. Oklahoma starting tackle had committed to UT and flipped last year. I'm sure Oklahoma didn't stop recruiting him and I'm sure UT wished he wouldn't have flipped either. That's just called lazy recruiting if you truly want a player. Edited by Swipes

Just because you commit to a school doesn't mean others schools should stop recruiting you or offering you. I've seen many ppl commit as junior and get flipped throughout the year. Oklahoma starting tackle had committed to UT and flipped last year. I'm sure Oklahoma didn't stop recruiting him and I'm sure UT wished he wouldn't have flipped either. That's just called lazy recruiting if you truly want a player.

Understood ... but this guy's not flipping. Ergo ... nobody's going to waste time recruiting a player who's committed and who is trying to recruit other elite players to Oregon with him.  When the recruiting services contact him and ask who's on his list ... after he repeatedly tells them his recruiting is closed ... they get the message.

Edited by kwc