TN Mr. Football top three...so far...

Haven04

Ok let's take offers off the table. Explain the huge difference between their rankings of about 200 spots.

By the way ... what recruiting service are you referenceing? 247, scout.com, ESPN top 300, rivals?

Doesn't matter ... Higgins could be Number 1 with a bullet and Mitchell could be dead last. The Mr. Football award will be awarded to the player that has the better year and impact. The players yearly statistics will have a major impact on the selection. The award isn't based upon where you rank in recruiting services.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ... you can leave it where ever you wish to leave it. Stats do mean a great deal. It's why they are kept. it is a form of measurement of success, talent, and competitiveness. It is used as a measuring stick.

We are talking production and the Mr. Football award in Tennessee ... not a most famous contest amoung recruiting services ... and it will be based upon stats ... not the offenses they play in. You may not want to face those FACTS ... but that's how it is. We all know you THINK higgins is better. Doesn't matter what you think nor does it matter what the recruiting services think.

It matter in what they produce on the field. They measue that with statitics. There are other factors ... but the stats have the most weight in deciding who wins the awards.

So ... get us some stats man!

I've not brought up the award. I'm sure Mitchell will win it, but that don't mean he's the best WR in the state. Like I said, there is a good reason why the nations experts have Higgins ranked 200 spots better than Mitchell.

I've not brought up the award. I'm sure Mitchell will win it, but that don't mean he's the best WR in the state. Like I said, there is a good reason why the nations experts have Higgins ranked 200 spots better than Mitchell.

This whole thread is about who is going to win the Mr. Football award in 6A this year. This thread is NOT about who YOU think is a better WR. Please read the title of the thread. That's what my conversation has been about all along.

I could care less if YOU think Mr. Higgins is a better WR then Mr. Mitchell.

LOLOLOLOL .... :roflol:

smh

Edited by kwc

Both are beasts. Higgins is probably ranked higher because he's 6'4 not sure what stats are. Mitchell is a different type of athlete tho. I haven't seen Higgins yet, he just may be a better true receiver but that's subjective. Mitchell plays db and rb just as good as he plays receiver and he's a threat to take any kickoff or punt to the house. So Higgins should win it next year, anyone else this year that can give Mitchell a push?

Both are beasts. Higgins is probably ranked higher because he's 6'4 not sure what stats are. Mitchell is a different type of athlete tho. I haven't seen Higgins yet, he just may be a better true receiver but that's subjective. Mitchell plays db and rb just as good as he plays receiver and he's a threat to take any kickoff or punt to the house. So Higgins should win it next year, anyone else this year that can give Mitchell a push?

Higgins could do all of those things too and be great at them, he just isn't called to. He could also probably be the best QB in the state. He has a rifle for an arm. That was his position in MS. He would excel at any skill position he was put at. Higgins is one of the best corners in the state too, if not the best. Haven't seen a pass completed on him over 10 yards all year.

Edited by SweetScience

You just don't get it, do you?  Despite repetitive efforts by KWC to enlighten you.  I'll try.

This blog is about the Mr Football award.  It is awarded based largely on PERFORMANCE on the field, which is reflected objectively by STATS.  If you win the award, It does NOT necessarily mean you are the "best" at your position.   It has nothing to do with who runs the best routes, is ranked higher in whatever recruiting service, has more college offers or has more potential at the next level.  It does not predict success at the college or pro level.  Many former winners have been busts at the college level.

Being named Mr Fottball means you were deemed to have had the most outstanding performance during the regular season.  Dillon Mitchell has put up some ridiculous numbers in only 5 games.  They have been posted above.  And the second half of White Station's season is not as competitive.  Barring injury, it is incomprehensible that somebody else will have stats comparable to his.  But we're waiting to hear some stats from fans about a player who might be competitive. Opinions are a dime a dozen.   BTW, I am a Memphian, have seen  DM play, but like KWC have no connection to his school or team.

Edited by owlbooster