TN Mr. Football top three...so far...

Haven04

I don't know who the top players in middle or east TN are but Oregon committ Dillon Mitchell from White Station just stamped his name in the number one slot after last nights performance against Arlington. Second game with 6 touchdowns (would've been third game if 3 TDs weren't called back to MAKE them lose CBHS). People have even been making the argument that he's possibly the best player to come out of Memphis...EVER. If he can keep this up all season against the gruesome schedule they play then he just might be. I know its not even half way through the season but who are the other top finalist in the state so far...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who the top players in middle or east TN are but Oregon committ Dillon Mitchell from White Station just stamped his name in the number one slot after last nights performance against Arlington. Second game with 6 touchdowns (would've been third game if 3 TDs weren't called back to MAKE them lose CBHS). People have even been making the argument that he's possibly the best player to come out of Memphis...EVER. If he can keep this up all season against the gruesome schedule they play then he just might be. I know its not even half way through the season but who are the other top finalist in the state so far...

Well I don't know or don't think JR can run for it, but next year you will see a Bradley Central Bear win it. Cole Copeland. He is by far the best QB in Tennessee. To be a JR you'd think he was a True Frosh in college. We are very young on offense and he has lead this team to a 4-1 record. (Should be 5-0)

I'm the other note, you may see our only SR WR I'm the top 3-5 for Mr Tennessee. He is by far the best WR around here and maybe even after east and a lot of middle Tennessee schools. Carpenter is the real deal also. Just remember those 2 young men's names!

Vic Johnson Cookeville : Johnson ran over, around and past the Siegel defense 28 times for what is believed to be a school-record 356 yards, and he scored four touchdowns as Cookeville mauled the Stars 50-19 on their homecoming at Ken Nolan Stadium. Through five games, Johnson now has 1,114 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns on just 90 carries (12.4 ypc).

Vic Johnson Cookeville : Johnson ran over, around and past the Siegel defense 28 times for what is believed to be a school-record 356 yards, and he scored four touchdowns as Cookeville mauled the Stars 50-19 on their homecoming at Ken Nolan Stadium. Through five games, Johnson now has 1,114 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns on just 90 carries (12.4 ypc).

Well I don't know or don't think JR can run for it, but next year you will see a Bradley Central Bear win it. Cole Copeland. He is by far the best QB in Tennessee. To be a JR you'd think he was a True Frosh in college. We are very young on offense and he has lead this team to a 4-1 record. (Should be 5-0)

I'm the other note, you may see our only SR WR I'm the top 3-5 for Mr Tennessee. He is by far the best WR around here and maybe even after east and a lot of middle Tennessee schools. Carpenter is the real deal also. Just remember those 2 young men's names!

Strong statement that Cole Copeland is "by far the best QB in TN". He's not ranked and has no offers. He's a very good QB but not, by far the best in TN. I would say top 3 or 4 for the 2017 class in TN right now. He will probably get better but right now I think he is a Mid-major QB or a high FCS QB.

Strong statement that Cole Copeland is "by far the best QB in TN". He's not ranked and has no offers. He's a very good QB but not, by far the best in TN. I would say top 3 or 4 for the 2017 class in TN right now. He will probably get better but right now I think he is a Mid-major QB or a high FCS QB.

As of right now he is the number 2 ranked QB under Mcallies. Which most ppl around thinks he is better than Mcallies. Doesn't really matter bout offers or not his JR year. If he is like he flipping brother, he won't have any interest in football and focus on flipping basketball. That's the sad part. Great talent going to waste over basketball. No matter what division in school.

As of right now he is the number 2 ranked QB under Mcallies. Which most ppl around thinks he is better than Mcallies. Doesn't really matter bout offers or not his JR year. If he is like he flipping brother, he won't have any interest in football and focus on flipping basketball. That's the sad part. Great talent going to waste over basketball. No matter what division in school.

As of right now he is the number 2 ranked QB under Mcallies. Which most ppl around thinks he is better than Mcallies. Doesn't really matter bout offers or not his JR year. If he is like he flipping brother, he won't have any interest in football and focus on flipping basketball. That's the sad part. Great talent going to waste over basketball. No matter what division in school

He's ranked #2 for the 2017 class? I missed that. Nobody I could find has him ranked as far as the 4 major ranking services. His hilights look great though. 

If he's focusing on basketball, he sounds a lot smarter then most kids in TN

DILLON MITCHELL HANDS DOWN!! #LOP

Right now I'd go with Dillon Mitchell because I know about him and his stats. The fact that Oregon offered to him last year as a junior let's you know how special he is.

However, I remember 2012 when Whitehaven had a RB who was ripping opposing defenses to shreds. If I remember correctly, he had over 3,000 yards rushing on the season after it was all said and done. He didn't win it. The young man at Beech had an even more impressive year than Whitehaven's RB that season, believe it or not. As a matter of fact, some people may have ranked him third in the state regardless of classification, depending upon who you talked to, because Ensworth had a remarkable RB over there that was also terrorizing defenses that year.

So ... it's still early and I know that DM is to be considered.

So, who else is out there running amuck and making defenses rue the day that they played against that person?

Edited by kwc

Right now I'd go with Dillon Mitchell because I know about him and his stats. The fact that Oregon offered to him last year as a junior let's you know how special he is.

However, I remember 2012 when Whitehaven had a RB who was ripping opposing defenses to shreds. If I remember correctly, he had over 3,000 yards rushing on the season after it was all said and done. He didn't win it. The young man at Beech had an even more impressive year than Whitehaven's RB that season, believe it or not. As a matter of fact, some people may have ranked him third in the state regardless of classification, depending upon who you talked to, because Ensworth had a remarkable RB over there that was also terrorizing defenses that year.

So ... it's still early and I know that DM is to be considered.

So, who else is out there running amuck and making defenses rue the day that they played against that person?

I do believe Mr. Hurd has more than proven he is/was the best out of those 3 players and deserved the award. Mitchell has the better stats because of the offense he plays in, but I'm not even sure he's the best WR in the state right now pound for pound. I think Higgins may have something to say about that, and he is a year younger too.