TN Mr. Football top three...so far...

Haven04

The portion I highlighted above is your opinion. You are entitled to it, but it's nothing that can be proved through discussion. Don't get me wrong, you could be on point, but you have to understand ... just because that's what YOU think, doesn't necessarily make it a true or accurate assesment.

Did you not read where I stated that Mitchell verballed as a Junior? He's already committed. Who else is going to offer him this year when he's been telling everybody he's going to Oregon since last year?

As far as recruiting services are concerned ... that just proves that both players are elite ... now it comes down to production. Get us some stats so we can see how productive Mr. Higgins is compared to Mr. Mitchell.

Currently, through September 24th according to the Shelby Metro Sports Blog, Mr. Mitchell has the following stats:

Rushing:

22 Att., 453 Yds,  20.6 ypc (avg.), 7 TDs - (22nd in area in total yds, highest ypc in area, tied for 13th in area for rushing TDs)

Receiving:

35 Rec., 612 Yds, 17.5 yds/Rec. (avg), 11 TDs - (2nd in area in ttl yds, 1st in area for Rec. TDs)

Interceptions:

2 Int., 122 Yds, 61 yds/Int., 1 TD - (Tied for 6th in area for number of INTs, 1st in area in Yds)

Scoring:

19 TDs for 114 points - (1st in area)\

All Purpose Yards:

249.4 Yds/Gm (3rd in area)

These stats are courtesy of the Shelby Metro Sports Blog page. They keep up with the statistics throughout the season for high school football in the Shelby Metro area.

Even if his stats are better than Tee's at this point doesn't mean much. Tee is in a felx-bone primarily run oriented offense, with some passing mixed in. We don't have what I would call a real good QB. In other words Tee is playing on a team that isn't very good offensively, and still putting up unbelievable numbers. I don't know his numbers off of the top of my head, but I will try and get them. Trust me. I have seen him play for 4 years now, he's an unbelievable talent.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if his stats are better than Tee's at this point doesn't mean much. Tee is in a felx-bone primarily run oriented offense, with some passing mixed in. We don't have what I would call a real good QB. In other words Tee is playing on a team that isn't very good offensively, and still putting up unbelievable numbers. I don't know his numbers off of the top of my head, but I will try and get them. Trust me. I have seen him play for 4 years now, he's an unbelievable talent.

He wouldn't be getting recruited the way he is if he were not.

However, it has been my observation ... when you get one of those once-in-a-lifetime type of players ... it's the coach's responsibility to maximize the talent he has at his disposal ... regardless of the offense they run. If that coach isn't creating ways to get the ball in that guys hands ... he needs to re-evaluate what he's doing. You don't call every play for him ... but you get him touches ... as many as possible.

You think the coaches around here who have to face him DON'T know that Dillon Mitchell is going to get touches?

I suspect the same is for Tee. Everybody knows he's going to get the ball. One way or another.

I'd love to see his stats.

Edited by kwc

He wouldn't be getting recruited the way he is if he wern't.

However, it has been my observation ... when you get one of those once-in-a-lifetime type of players ... it's the coach's responsibility to maximize the talent he has at his disposal ... regardless of the offense they run. If that coach isn't creating ways to get the ball in that guys hands ... he needs to re-evaluate what he's doing. You don't call every play for him ... but you get him touches ... as many as possible.

You think the coaches around here who have to face him DON'T know that Dillon Mitchell is going to get touches?

I suspect the same is for Tee. Everybody knows he's going to get the ball. One way or another.

I'd love to see his stats.

He still gets touches, but not as much as I think he should. Not nearly as much, actually. And I have never seen this Mitchell kid play. I'm sure he's fantastic. All I'm saying is you can't really go off of numbers only, although that's what most people pay attention to. Tee opens up opportunities for others because everyone is so concentrated upon him.

Edited by SweetScience

You can't sign anywhere as a junior only commit. The same could be said about higgins since he has committed as a junior also. Mute point. Both are going to do great at the next level

You're silly if you think the word commit means anything next to a players before the NLI is signed. Coaches don't just stop recruiting and offering players because they're committed to a school. Players flip all of the time.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

He still gets touches, but not as much as I think he should. Not nearly as much, actually. And I have never seen this Mitchell kid play. I'm sure he's fantastic. All I'm saying is you can't really go off of numbers only, although that's what most people pay attention to. Tee opens up opportunities for others because everyone is so concentrated upon him.

Look ... I'm a Whitehaven fan and we play White Station every year, and sometimes twice a year depending on how post season works out. He's been terrorizing us for the past couple years. I'll be glad to see him graduate honestly. Whitehaven plays Houston tonight and then we play White Station next Friday. Every Whitehaven fan I know is concerned. Whitehaven is part of those HUDL highlights that I provided links to.

I have to give their coach kudos ... he looks for ways to get Mr. Mitchell touches. It opens his offense up.

However, when it comes to these Mr. Football awards statistics are a big part of granting the award. They have to be a big part because it's quantifiable evidence of the awardee's production and talent. Think about it ... if the winner of the award didn't have impressive stats ... everybody would think something fishy was going on.

Look ... I'm a Whitehaven fan and we play White Station every year, and sometimes twice a year depending on how post season works out. He's been terrorizing us for the past couple years. I'll be glad to see him graduate honestly. Whitehaven plays Houston tonight and then we play White Station next Friday. Every Whitehaven fan I know is concerned. Whitehaven is part of those HUDL highlights that I provided links to.

I have to give their coach kudos ... he looks for ways to get Mr. Mitchell touches. It opens his offense up.

However, when it comes to these Mr. Football awards statistics are a big part of granting the award. They have to be a big part because it's quantifiable evidence of the awardee's production and talent. Think about it ... if the winner of the award didn't have impressive stats ... everybody would think something fishy was going on.

This is true and I agree. 

You're silly if you think the word commit means anything next to a players before the NLI is signed. Coaches don't just stop recruiting and offering players because they're committed to a school. Players flip all of the time.

Why did you respond to me? You said the exact same thing as me. Stop being a copy cat

Yes ... players flip. Coaches, however, can't blow recruiting budgets chasing wild goose chases either. There are also a lot of recruits who commit early and they stay committed. Most coaches in those instances don't blow budgets recruiting these players.

Yeah, a coach here and there may call and get told the same thing that the recruit has been telling them since they committed. When a recruit re-opens their recruitment after committing they will ususally make it known. If a committed recruit doesn't make it known ... then the recruiting slows after everybody gets the message.

If a coach thinks/hopes/dreams that he can convince a truely elite player to flip, he will try. Otherwise ... it's not worth the money and effort when you already know the outcome. The bigger the school, the bigger the recruiting budget, the more they are apt to not quit on a truley elite player, even when told point blank ... i'm committed. However, wasting time on one recruit can lose you another ... so, usually with the commited ... if they stay committed, the recruitment tends to die down.

I think we all understand how the recruiting process works.

Edited by kwc

The portion I highlighted above is your opinion. You are entitled to it, but it's nothing that can be proved through discussion. Don't get me wrong, you could be on point, but you have to understand ... just because that's what YOU think, doesn't necessarily make it a true or accurate assesment.

Did you not read where I stated that Mitchell verballed as a Junior? He's already committed. Who else is going to offer him this year when he's been telling everybody he's going to Oregon since last year?

As far as recruiting services are concerned ... that just proves that both players are elite ... now it comes down to production. Get us some stats so we can see how productive Mr. Higgins is compared to Mr. Mitchell.

Currently, through September 24th according to the Shelby Metro Sports Blog, Mr. Mitchell has the following stats:

Rushing:

22 Att., 453 Yds,  20.6 ypc (avg.), 7 TDs - (22nd in area in total yds, highest ypc in area, tied for 13th in area for rushing TDs)

Receiving:

35 Rec., 612 Yds, 17.5 yds/Rec. (avg), 11 TDs - (2nd in area in ttl yds, 1st in area for Rec. TDs)

Interceptions:

2 Int., 122 Yds, 61 yds/Int., 1 TD - (Tied for 6th in area for number of INTs, 1st in area in Yds)

Scoring:

19 TDs for 114 points - (1st in area)\

All Purpose Yards:

249.4 Yds/Gm (3rd in area)

These stats are courtesy of the Shelby Metro Sports Blog page. They keep up with the statistics throughout the season for high school football in the Shelby Metro area.

Committing and signing mean nothing. Even so called signed players can get out of it until NSD is over. Coaches don't just stop recruiting. UT stole a 5 star Ole Miss commit at the very last minute last year.

Those stats mean nothing when comparing what type of offenses they play in. Coaches and experts have seen and evaluated both players and there is a good reason Higgins is way more highly ranked, and more sought after too.

My opinion is unbiased and I have no connection to either player. I'm sorry you have blinders on and can't see the truth for what it is. Mitchell does fit Oregon's system perfectly though. I'm sure he'll be a great player for them. He's just not better than Higgins, an I will leave it at that.

Yes ... players flip. Coaches, however, can't blow recruiting budgets chasing wild goose chases either. There are also a lot of recruits who commit early and they stay committed. Most coaches in those instances don't blow budgets recruiting these players.

Yeah, a coach here and there may call and get told the same thing that the recruit has been telling them since they committed. When a recruit re-opens their recruitment after committing they will ususally make it known. If a committed recruit doesn't make it known ... then the recruiting slows after everybody gets the message.

If a coach thinks/hopes/dreams that he can convince a truely elite player to flip, he will try. Otherwise ... it's not worth the money and effort when you already know the outcome. The bigger the school, the bigger the recruiting budget, the more they are apt to not quit on a truley elite player, even when told point blank ... i'm committed. However, wasting time on one recruit can lose you another ... so, usually with the commited ... if they stay committed, the recruitment tends to die down.

I think we all understand how the recruiting process works.

Ok let's take offers off the table. Explain the huge difference between their rankings of about 200 spots.

Committing and signing mean nothing. Even so called signed players can get out of it until NSD is over. Coaches don't just stop recruiting. UT stole a 5 star Ole Miss commit at the very last minute last year.

Those stats mean nothing when comparing what type of offenses they play in. Coaches and experts have seen and evaluated both players and there is a good reason Higgins is way more highly ranked, and more sought after too.

My opinion is unbiased and I have no connection to either player. I'm sorry you have blinders on and can't see the truth for what it is. Mitchell does fit Oregon's system perfectly though. I'm sure he'll be a great player for them. He's just not better than Higgins, an I will leave it at that.

LOL ... you can leave it where ever you wish to leave it. Stats do mean a great deal. It's why they are kept. it is a form of measurement of success, talent, and competitiveness. It is used as a measuring stick.

We are talking production and the Mr. Football award in Tennessee ... not a most famous contest amoung recruiting services ... and it will be based upon stats ... not the offenses they play in. You may not want to face those FACTS ... but that's how it is. We all know you THINK Higgins is better. Doesn't matter what you think nor does it matter what the recruiting services think.

It matters in what they produce on the field. They measue that with statitics. There are other factors ... but the stats have the most weight in deciding who wins the awards.

So ... get us some stats man!

Edited by kwc