CAK @ DCA

Govolsknox

CAK takes the trip down 40W to visit DCA. If memory serves, DCA went D2 a few years ago. I haven't followed them closely so I don't have a feel for how that move has impacted them, playing other schools that can field scholarship student athletes, and having the ability to field scholarship student athletes themselves. How do these 2 teams stack up?

DCA is probably fairly close to Webb in talent. They have a few explosive athletes but depth is a big issue. CAK is a heavy favorite.

While Webb is young, if DCA has comparable talent it could be a tough game. In my experience, the D2 teams always have some athletes that can play. Looking forward to this one.

While Webb is young, if DCA has comparable talent it could be a tough game. In my experience, the D2 teams always have some athletes that can play. Looking forward to this one.

I'm glad you're looking forward to it because I'm not. Lol

We have a few all state type players on our team but with only 28 players (the lowest in the history of the school) and missing line depth from starters off last years team not playing DCA is in a tough spot. Like I said you guys are big favorites.

Safe travels for you guys and please let any of us know if you need anything?

Edited by Playerscoach

We have a few all state type players on our team but with only 28 players (the lowest in the history of the school) and missing line depth from starters off last years team not playing DCA is in a tough spot. Like I said you guys are big favorites.

What kind of offense do you guys run? If it's Wing T that could cause some trouble for the Warriors.

I formation for 30 years. Both tailbacks are amongst the best in Div II A. The skill players (1,4,6,13 and 18) are good HS players. Both lines have little depth but there are some good players. QB is first year started but he's 6'4" and can spin it well at times. He had 200 yards at half against Kings and will not be afraid to go after 1 v 1 coverage on the outside with 13 or 4. Lots of motion with 18 creates some issues with similarly skilled teams.

The overall the line is small with 190 C, 210 G and 205 T but the other two OL are 6'3 335 and 6'2" 235 (soph with speed and tons of potential). LB's aren't big but run to the ball and theres more secondary depth than anywhere else.

Kicking has been up and down.

I really like the heart of this group. With 6 turnovers against FRA they could have mailed it in but they've worked very hard to get better. Losing a QB to station camp along with several linemen for various reasons this was projected to be a very deep and talented team. However, things happen and this group will now make it 24 straight years to the playoffs (2nd longest streak in the state). Maybe we can talk to other private schools and see what their magic secret is in getting additional excellent student athletes? It sure would be nice to have a "pipeline" as the uninformed have suggested.

Regardless, this game is one that CAK is a huge huge huge favorite and rightfully so.

CAK takes the trip down 40W to visit DCA. If memory serves, DCA went D2 a few years ago. I haven't followed them closely so I don't have a feel for how that move has impacted them, playing other schools that can field scholarship student athletes, and having the ability to field scholarship student athletes themselves. How do these 2 teams stack up?

they are proof that not all schools that field scholarship athletes are at an advantage....the PUB school whiners who are constantly flushin their tear ducts want this school on their schedule so they can beat their chest....DCA only beat Howard by 14

there are other schools for you to worry about; this ant one of them...the schedule lets your JV dirty their uniform again

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Thanks PC, appreciate the hospitality! We are looking forward to making our first trip to DCA. Any advise for us, as far as concessions, or other important (crucial) things? :popcorneater: I've never been one to miss a good concession item....