Best Kicker in Tenn.

Guest football23

Guest football23

Ian O'Conner from halls is probably the best kicker in the state. he kicked the ball through the uprights at least 10 times ths year. he kicked it to the end zone all but 5 or 6 times and that was because the coach told him not to kill it. he kicked one that went well over 20 yds past the goal post. he also had 17 field goals this year and 5 in one game one tieing the state record and the other beat it!

;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are yall all crazy, john vauigh is the best kicker in state history he has all the records, he is fifth in national history, next cody bliss is the best punter he had a better punt average than anyone in the nfl. vaughn fullride to auburn, cody offfers from vandy notre dame and pretty much whereever he wants to go. they are the best kickers by far. bliss kicked a 61 yarder last year. the are no better kickers dont argue.

Guest Critt1511

I watched the kid from McMinn ( Andy ) play this year. If there is anyone that cn kick the ball as far and as accurate as he can then i want to meet them. I saw him while they were playing Ooltewah and he didnt get a chance to Kick any in the game but at halftime he was kicking 60 yard field goals right through the posts. The best punter i have seen by far is the Colquitte boy from Bearden.

I naturally agree that Vaughn and Bliss are the best in the state, but I am worried that O'Connor will get Mr. Football because he is the only candidate from East Tennessee. Bliss and Vaughn could very well split the Middle Tennessee votes, with O'Connor taking East TN's (except for McCallie and Baylor, I'd hope). I know West Tennessee still hangs in the balance, but none of them know much about these guys except for MUS, Harding, and Briarcrest, who have played BA.

How possible is it for O'Connor to win simply because the Middle TN votes were split?

Also, don't think I'm discrediting Ian's abilities; I just know that John and Kody are amazing kickers and could defeat any challenger that came their way.