Dresden Lions at Trenton-Peabody....NEXT!

TheReaper

I think this should be a good game, 2 good offenses going at each other, ready to see Dresser Winn play against a good opposition. Dresden has looked good so far this year and has a lot of offensive weapons to show and can win any game with their style. Trenton has a lot of talent on their side, with them it's just a matter of getting used to their new offensive look, which if perfected might make them a more dangerous team. I have seen a lot of extremes in terms of scoring predictions, I think it could be a high scoring game, but I don't think either of these teams will get blown out, competition is too good.

When  we  played  union  city ,  our  backup  qb  #13  played  1st  and 2nd quarter  , we  played   toe  to  toe  with  the 1a  champs. malone  did'nt  start  until  the  3rd  quarter.  we  lost  49 to  35.   now #7 malone  is  a  receiver  and  #13  Taylor is  qb,   the  team   is  now  well  perfected.

And union city outscored you more with him than without. Kids will determine the outcome Friday night. Who is covering it on radio? Anyone anyone?

We scored 28 first half points. Should have been 35 but we fumbled on the 5 at the end of a long run with under 2; 00 minutes to go in the half. So it was really about even. I think Peabody is more effective having Malone at receiver than at QB. If they can get him the ball on the edges with a bubble screen or over the middle on a quick slant he could run all night. If you focus too much on him they have plenty of other athletes to take up the slack. You are gonna have to wrap up the tailback when he runs it because he is very slippery. I'm not sure about the deep ball with the new QB but Malone can sling it 60 yards through the air. Dresden will have to score on every opportunity to win this game.

Speed does not scare me. Speed might kill against cup cakes, but physicality always seems to be the winner. If the outside linebackers turn everything inside like they've been taught their entire lives, you can't get up to speed.

physicality won in the 80s man. It's all about speed in the spread offense. Outside linebackers have nothing to do with keeping a WR inside

physicality won in the 80s man. It's all about speed in the spread offense. Outside linebackers have nothing to do with keeping a WR inside

Excuse me but you are wrong. Have you seen your own team play? Have you seen UC play? The spread? Really?

There's nothing that even resembles the spread in our offense UC's offense or the Stangs. It's power running from both teams In fact that is what has won the last two 1A Championships. Not so sure you have been paying attention. I don't want to say to much on this thread but UC put up over 500 yards on the ground against Peabody and they run the spread. In the fourth quarter it was all about grinding out the clock 3 and 4 yards at a time. That spread offense was on the sidelines watching.

Peabody's #45 Johnson can and will run hard.   Peabody's line is big and strong.  Dresden's line is suspect as I have seen in person.  A question to you Dresden folks, what does Dresden do more, pass or run?    I really do not think Dresden has been tested yet.  Union City and trenton has as Trenton might have lost to Union City, they did beat a "getting better Milan team" at the beginning of the year.  I personally feel the key in this game boils down to 2 things.  #1 Dresden's offensive line has to be strong enough to protect Wynn all night with the Trenton Defensive line being big.  #2, with Malone moving to W R, that adds so much more to what Trenton can do on offense.  I still say Trenton by 10 and if Trenton's offensive line does well, this could end up being a 3 touchdown game in the favor of Trenton.  I have seen Dresden.  I have seen Trenton.  This game I look for several taunting yellow flags thrown as both teams have a couple that like to talk so the refs will get control of that early. 

Guest hevyrevy1611

Should Dresden win I wonder what excuses anti-Lion folk will have? (Trenton, Stangs, UC, etc). Probably wont be that Dresden was superior.. it will be something though. Always seems to be. yada yada yada it'll go. Ha!