Moore Co. @ Fayetteville

derFuhrer

I think Fayetteville is to athletic for Moore County to contain.  My prediction is Tiger 35-21.

Well we are blessed with some incredible athletes this year.  MC usually has a couple of big guys that try to dominate the line.  Hate to be there at feeding time.  Here's hoping they can't even find the end zone. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been quiet over here in MP with the bye week n all... Visiting the T every other day, not every day.

Not much talking coming from Raider town since the start of the season. Had a few Raider fans lighting up the T at first then fell off at first complaints of who was playing where and something about "frost"... so haven't read much about Moore Co. and hadn't seen them play since the Jamboree. Ergo, not much to say other than their record, in which, against the better teams like CA and Forrest, the Raiders abandoned their raiding parties, folded up the sails and quietly left defeated pretty badly....

Against the lesser upstarts like Summertown and GCA, the Raiders picked themselves up, pillaged and plundered the upstarts for everything they were worth and left town holding themselves in high regards and somewhat rightfully so with simply having big "W"'s to tout about over in Whiskey town.

The fly in mTp's ointment is that Cornersville game against Moore Co... In which MC devastated the Bulldogs. mTp barely got by the same Bulldogs with a win... Now this is what I was pretty concerned with mTp barely squeaking by... The outlook part of the outcomes of these games. Makes the end of the year game between mTp and Moore Co. appear that Moore Co. will more than likely pillage and plunder mTp like they did Cornersville.. Thus why I was wanting mTp to beat Cornersville BIG.

With that being said, Columbia Academy is now the fly in the ointments of Moore Co....

CA sent the Raiders a royal boarding party that all but dashed their early hopes in running rampant through the Region. CA beat the Raiders resoundingly 42-7, yet the Tigers of Fayetteville chomped and clawed at the mighty Bulldogs of CA with everything F-ville was worth but allowed CA to get away with a win by only 6 points.. (don't look now Varo but another pride of Tiger's Karma is tapping on your shoulder 😉).... mTp lost to F-ville by 6.

Past game play suggest that if all teams were at their best these games, then Fayetteville should have the edge in this matchup and beat Moore Co. by a couple touchdowns.

The ace in the hole that speaks to me in deciding this is the FRA games both CA and F-ville lost in... Both played FRA close enough to say Fayetteville is the better team for this matchup. CA lost to FRA by 1 point and F-ville lost to FRA by 20... Region should look like 1)CA 2)F-ville 3) Moore Co. after Friday night for one week.... But then if Moore Co. losses they find themselves tied at 3rd with 3-2 Regional records with non other than mTp IF - Big IF - mTp comes away from GCA next week with a win and if Moore Co. losses this week's matchup.

But the question still remains; has those Raiders gotten their swash bungling swabees in line on their decks and the raiding parties in order now? Or will the Tigers roar and claw their way from their hilltop and chase the Raiders back down to Whiskey town with a loss?

Pick it apart as you wish...lol. :thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby

Been quiet over here in MP with the bye week n all... Visiting the T every other day, not every day.

Not much talking coming from Raider town since the start of the season. Had a few Raider fans lighting up the T at first then fell off at first complaints of who was playing where and something about "frost"... so haven't read much about Moore Co. and hadn't seen them play since the Jamboree. Ergo, not much to say other than their record, in which, against the better teams like CA and Forrest, the Raiders abandoned their raiding parties, folded up the sails and quietly left defeated pretty badly....

Against the lesser upstarts like Summertown and GCA, the Raiders picked themselves up, pillaged and plundered the upstarts for everything they were worth and left town holding themselves in high regards and somewhat rightfully so with simply having big "W"'s to tout about over in Whiskey town.

The fly in mTp's ointment is that Cornersville game against Moore Co... In which MC devastated the Bulldogs. mTp barely got by the same Bulldogs with a win... Now this is what I was pretty concerned with mTp barely squeaking by... The outlook part of the outcomes of these games. Makes the end of the year game between mTp and Moore Co. appear that Moore Co. will more than likely pillage and plunder mTp like they did Cornersville.. Thus why I was wanting mTp to beat Cornersville BIG.

With that being said, Columbia Academy is now the fly in the ointments of Moore Co....

CA sent the Raiders a royal boarding party that all but dashed their early hopes in running rampant through the Region. CA beat the Raiders resoundingly 42-7, yet the Tigers of Fayetteville chomped and clawed at the mighty Bulldogs of CA with everything F-ville was worth but allowed CA to get away with a win by only 6 points.. (don't look now Varo but another pride of Tiger's Karma is tapping on your shoulder ).... mTp lost to F-ville by 6.

Past game play suggest that if all teams were at their best these games, then Fayetteville should have the edge in this matchup and beat Moore Co. by a couple touchdowns.

The ace in the hole that speaks to me in deciding this is the FRA games both CA and F-ville lost in... Both played FRA close enough to say Fayetteville is the better team for this matchup. CA lost to FRA by 1 point and F-ville lost to FRA by 20... Region should look like 1)CA 2)F-ville 3) Moore Co. after Friday night for one week.... But then if Moore Co. losses they find themselves tied at 3rd with 3-2 Regional records with non other than mTp IF - Big IF - mTp comes away from GCA next week with a win and if Moore Co. losses this week's matchup.

But the question still remains; has those Raiders gotten their swash bungling swabees in line on their decks and the raiding parties in order now? Or will the Tigers roar and claw their way from their hilltop and chase the Raiders back down to Whiskey town with a loss?

Pick it apart as you wish...lol. :thumb:

Dang Big!  You must be a hammer 'cause you hit it on the head.  Those poor little fellers back in the Holler must be so upset.  Dreams of glory and post season play fade away in their minds like yesterday's school lesson with each passing Friday.  Reality came crashing down on their heads when CA pulled down their drawers and spanked them silly.  Coming into a realigned region, expecting to stomp over all these new, upstart football programs, surely the Baby Blue could bring back the glory days of history.     

We (FHS, S'town, & GCA) don't have a history, we're making it as we go.  You could argue, what has more value; kicking a first year program's butt or losing by a red hair?  I would say a win is a win, and a loss is a loss, but to win big like you are supposed/expected to, has less of a value than fighting and scratching to the bitter end, losing it and leaving all on the field.  Learning from that loss, and using what you learned--what worked vs what didn't against a "superior" team, against your next opponent. 

Now, keep in mind, these are 15, 16, 17, maybe a couple of 18 year old boys going out there.  We want them to shake off last week's disappointments, homecoming distractions, girlfriend issues.  Whatever is running through their minds, we want all of that to be put aside and focus on play execution, timing, balance, confidence in personal ability, game plan, and muscle memory.  Put all those things together and you have a team at their best.  Put all those things as a primary focus for the eleven who happen to be out there on the field, and you have a winning combination. 

I would say that MC followed the status quo of what was expected, that is, they weren't expected to do anything up against CA, and they didn't.  They were expected to smoke GCA and S'town, so they did.  They're not expected to do anything this Friday, so they won't.  You ever watch the Matrix movies?  Cause and Effect.  Then MC has an open date, then on the road @ Huntland and @ Richland, then the western Tigers of Mt. Pleasant come calling.  I don't expect that MC will have anything left in the tank after they visit the Tiger Den on Friday, no matter what region standings are up for grabs.  The stars are aligned for the upstarts, and the sun is setting on the old Raiders. 

Tigers played a tough game last week. A hard fought game like that takes a lot out of a team. That being said I'll take the Raiders by a touchdown.

Yes the Tigers played a tough game Midstate, but these Tigers are going to surprise you.  MC by seven?  I'm hoping that we keep trucking on and send the Raiders back to the holler with a big ole "L". 

Not sure but I dont think this is a rivalry game for MC. Their rival game is October 16 in Huntland. 

It probably isn't yet, and I'm sure MC and H'land have a long history.  Here's to making this one into a bigger rivalry in this short time.  A Tiger win will go a long way to accomplish that. 

Both teams know what is at stake in this game.  CA left a bad taste in both these teams mouths but you have to move on and play the next game.  Moore Co has shown they can do that by winning 3 straight region games since CA embarrassed them on their home field.  I believe Moore Co has a lot of momentum and they want to prove to this region that they can hang with the big dogs.  MC 21 - FC 20

Well MC have shown they certainly can score and did on their last three opponents.  And they even scored 7 on CA, late in the 4th quarter.  But I'm thinking their win streak ends Friday.  I'll take your prediction and double it, except it's going to be FHS Tigers 45-7.  Three offensive TDs, one Defensive TD, two Special Teams TDs, and a Field Goal.  Boom! 

this may be the game to go see this week with our MTP tigers off.

I hate going to CA and giving them my money so that's not happening.

I will predict a Tiger win over MC, but MC has rolled the bottom half of the region and has momentum and F,ville is coming off a barn burner. emotions of teenagers are hard to predict.

Go Tigers

Previous games will have no bearing on this game. Its fun to look at that stuff though.  Fayetteville has the speed advantage and if Moore County will line up and go right at Fayetteville they have the strength advantage.  If MC tries to run wide they will not have a chace. I think that Fayetteville has to many offensive weapons for MC to overcome.