Smyrna Bulldogs come into the Blackman Blaze Inferno on a Hot streak.

Blaze45

How much does losing Sims hurt from a depth standpoint?

It's unfortunate that this happened to Devin. Hate to hear about this. Losing a player and teamate like Devin always hurt. However Running back is one of our deeper positions.

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time around the team this year. But people have told me that this kid has really turned his life around. School, home life, attitude are all drastically better. I pray that this doesn't change that.

It's unfortunate that this happened to Devin. Hate to hear about this. Losing a player and teamate like Devin always hurt. However Running back is one of our deeper positions.

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time around the team this year. But people have told me that this kid has really turned his life around. School, home life, attitude are all drastically better. I pray that this doesn't change that.

Always great to hear of positive change for these young folks that struggle! Very proud for this young man!!! :thumb:

Always great to hear of positive change for these young folks that struggle! Very proud for this young man!!! :thumb:

It is good to hear things like that. Usually all we hear are the negative things that these kids do. And again I haven't spent a bunch of time around the team. But it's coming from adults that are close to the program. Good stuff. Hope his injury heals without complications.

But to answer your question Blaze45. Of course Blackman will be another test that the Bulldogs will chew through. LOL! It's gonna be a battle. I don't think big plays will win this game. This battle wil be fought in the trenches. Usually skill players shine and get all the glory. In this contest the team that controls the line of scrimmage will win. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. My Bulldogs will have to be able to run the ball in order to win. That will be a must. Our O-line is light years ahead of where they were in the spring. The defense gets nastier each game. Second half adjustments have been lights out. Check out the Independence game especially the second half. Even though we didn't win that game the defensive effort was what kept us in it. Time to get focused. Big Boy football starts this week. Go Dawgs!!!

But to answer your question Blaze45. Of course Blackman will be another test that the Bulldogs will chew through. LOL! It's gonna be a battle. I don't think big plays will win this game. This battle wil be fought in the trenches. Usually skill players shine and get all the glory. In this contest the team that controls the line of scrimmage will win. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. My Bulldogs will have to be able to run the ball in order to win. That will be a must. Our O-line is light years ahead of where they were in the spring. The defense gets nastier each game. Second half adjustments have been lights out. Check out the Independence game especially the second half. Even though we didn't win that game the defensive effort was what kept us in it. Time to get focused. Big Boy football starts this week. Go Dawgs!!!

I know it will not be an easy chore, but I hope we take the dawgs to the pound (lol). All joking aside the offense for Smyrna is looking strong. #5 running the ball is strong and fast and the defense has been playing very well. We are going to have to much be more aggressive on the O-line if we want our run game to have a chance. Especially in the second level blocking . I do wish Milo and his dogs a good game and all sides of the ball remain healthy ( but not too much luck) We need as much as we can keep. Lets go Blaze its about to get RUFF in here.

Edited by Blaze45