Spring Hill at Giles County

purple75gold

"Like sands through the hourglass....so are the days of our lives." And so it continues.

Questions.

#1. Can the Bobcat defense contain the Spring Hill QB?

#2. Will Whitset play any QB Friday?

#3. It's homecoming. Will the home fans turn out?

#4. How will the floats hold up in the rain? Maybe they will float.

I AM Roostet! Hear me crow!ðŸ˜

What the heck are you talking about 1610? I was agreeing with your post. Wardawgs post wasn't even on there when I responded.

JAFO. I apologize for thinking you would say anything against this boy. Let's all come out tomorrow night and support these boys and get loud. Go Bobcats

So 1610 you a relative of the player that was diabetic? I km now the player you speak of and he is a great kid but if he was on the field Giles was not gonna win a game period!! Bottom line. We will see how the next coach fairs but if you think Walt discriminated as well as his staff you are correct they discriminated in playing the kids that actually gave them a chance to win on Friday. 1610 reading your post you have no clue bout football in general and if you want to come to the boro and get on a white board I will teach you a thing or two bout the game. I would coach with or for Walt Smith any day. The super in Giles should how gutless he was in asking for a resignation midseason guess they got the yes man they want there now. Good luck Bobcats you gonna need it to get a good coach. Peace I am out

So 1610 you a relative of the player that was diabetic? I km now the player you speak of and he is a great kid but if he was on the field Giles was not gonna win a game period!! Bottom line. We will see how the next coach fairs but if you think Walt discriminated as well as his staff you are correct they discriminated in playing the kids that actually gave them a chance to win on Friday. 1610 reading your post you have no clue bout football in general and if you want to come to the boro and get on a white board I will teach you a thing or two bout the game. I would coach with or for Walt Smith any day. The super in Giles should how gutless he was in asking for a resignation midseason guess they got the yes man they want there now. Good luck Bobcats you gonna need it to get a good coach. Peace I am out

You need to be committed if you think Walt deserved to stay on as head coach. Like I said he shouldn't been allowed to even return this season. If you listened to his radio interview today you could tell what a coach he is. He didn't know the difference from a scrimmage and a real game and never would answer what the score was. He is right where he belongs coaching 9 & 10 year olds. Bobcats will be back to the program they had years back. It will take time, but they have a great support group to back the right coach and especially the team. GO BOBCATS

Wardawg,

coach Smith was his own worst enemy in some ways, and I am sure you know that. I didn't hear what he said on the radio last Friday night because I was at the game, but from what I was told, that was the last straw and the new administration decided not to wait until the season was over. I Don't like a mid season firing either but I do understand why it happened.

It was evident in his 1st year as coach that he wasn't as good as what we had become accustomed to. Each year since then the team has been less and less competitive and now this year, no wins, and we have played some pretty bad teams. Combine that with him yelling at kids on the sidelines so loud that the opposing fans and coaches hear him, and apparently not doing enough to build depth and strength across all positions, it was going to his last year here.

Do we have as much talent as we have had in the past? Maybe not. Do we feel like talent has been developed and maximized? No. Does the team need more discipline? Definitely.

As for you, We appreciated your fire on the sidelines while you were here, and your guys always played hard and well. I for one hated that you left, but I know that got you closer to home. Hope you are well, and no, you don't know me.

Edited by LCgrad

I never said they (stown) would have a great season. I said there are winnable games for them. I still see Richland as winnable-after all, another first year team from Franklin Grace just beat them.

Secondly, this is about HIGH SCHOOL athletics where ACADEMICS is more important than football. If you support firing a high school coach mud season for being honest that his team played like crap and nobody stepped up to make plays your priorities are in the wrong place. Ever heard of personal responsibility? Ever heard of a player being responsible for making a play? Oops. Trophies for everyone!!!

• Upvote 1

Just listened to Walt. You bobcat fans are simply idiots. Firing a high school coach mid season at a rural public school is retarded. Telling a coach "you either resign or I will resign you" will not bid you well. This is high school football at a rural public school. It is impossible to maintain unless you cheat and recruit. Look at Luncoln County. They have down years. Trousdale County has down years. Osteen is not coming back. The priorities should be about academics and not how a freaking football teams record looks. Get it right. Scott Blair won't win a game as interim this season. Telling a coach resign or I will resign you mid season sends up the entirely wrong message that your priorities are backwards. Your applications will be few and far between.

Well vandychris thank you so much for stopping by to see us once again. Thank you for sharing your very sharp knowledge of football, but calling Giles fans idiots? Time to anchor down I guess :roflolk: :roflolk: Hows d mason workin out for you up there? Its obvious you have some kind of liking for smith and that is wonderful, bottom line is, HIS COACHING WASNT WORKING HERE, so he is not coaching here anymore. I know everyone has an opinion and that is fine, maybe wardawg left for the same reason, who knows. Dont call the fan base idiots, look back at some of your posts man. You need to hope and pray your commodores reach 500 this year..and by the way 1610 hit the nail on the head with their explanantion. Who is the real idiot here? Go hang out on your own feed, though I doubt vandy has any :roflol: :roflol:

To all the Spring Hill Fans; no need of traveling to the Brickyard tonight. After watching video I have determined that Bobcats are better swimmers than Wildcats. The Hurricane that is brewing in the Atlantic is sending strong choppy water to the mid-state and the underdogs seem to do better when the fishing conditions are stormy. So best of luck to both teams and remember if you hook a Big Tuna hold on until the Fat Lady sings!!!