Lebanon (2-3) at Wilson Central (3-3)

steelcityroller

These teams have 2 things in common right now.

(1) They probably aren't as good as they thought they were a couple weeks into the season.

(2) They probably don't care too much for Mt. Juliet and McGavock.

But this is a big game for both teams.

Wilson Central came out and started the season 3-1 with a 13-17 loss to Beech. Then the last 2 weeks they have lost by 21 and 27 to McGavock and Mt. Juliet. They expected to be in both of those ball games and that wasn't the case.

Lebanon came out and started the season 2-1 which was amazing compared to seasons past where they struggled to win a single game. However the wins came against teams that will likely be a combined 1-20 this year. The last 2 weeks have been real hard for the fans after losing to rival Mt. Juliet 35-0 and then losing last week to Portland 34-21 in a game that everybody expected them to win.

Wilson Central needs to win this game. Because with Franklin, Overton and Ravenwood left on the schedule its possible they might not win another game.

Their fans expect them to win this game. They have beat Lebanon 5 years in a row and the last 3 years all by +30 points. But this Lebanon team is a little better. If Wilson Central doesn't show up to play then this Lebanon team could play well enough to pull off the upset.

Both teams rely on the running game and have been prone to turning the ball over in losses. So those are the keys. Stopping the run and protecting the ball.

Wilson Central has been pretty good running the ball even in losses. They had 34 carries for 218 yards in a 30-3 loss to Mt. Juliet where they also had 3 turnovers. They had 33 carries for 208 yards against McGavock where they also had 3 turnovers. They put up 400+ yards on Antioch. So it looks like they are gonna get theirs on the ground.

They have common opponents and losses in Mt. Juliet and McGavock. Wilson Central looked better on both sides of the ball against those teams. Wilson Central put up +200 rushing yards on Mt. Juliet whereas Lebanon only had 138 yards of total offense and 92 on the ground.

Wilson Central 35

Lebanon 14

WC by as much as they want. I don't think Lebanon has anything left in the tank this year. Don't see them winning anymore games and only competitive in the Antioch game. WC 42 LHS 7

Hold on now!!

We need input from BlueDevils1..................where are you? You are the Blue Devil expert

1.) will it be a WC rout?

2.) are the Devils running on an empty tank?

or my favorite

3.) back to the drawing board.for Coach Harp

personally; I am leaning to the Wildcats of Wilson Central

Hold on now!!

We need input from BlueDevils1..................where are you? You are the Blue Devil expert

1.) will it be a WC rout?

2.) are the Devils running on an empty tank?

or my favorite

3.) back to the drawing board.for Coach Harp

personally; I am leaning to the Wildcats of Wilson Central

Now judging by your sarcasm, you sound disgruntled towards coach harp for some reason? Please share your reason for your dislike towards whoever for whatever. This should be interesting.

As for the game, I concur with the majority. I think WC will win. But I think it will be a closer game, Lebanon has improved big time this year especially on little things like character. But have sustained injuries on a team that has no depth. WC has a potent running attack with good o-line, that equals trouble for the blue devils. I see a 28-14 or 35-20 type game. Hopefully both stay injury free

Now judging by your sarcasm, you sound disgruntled towards coach harp for some reason? Please share your reason for your dislike towards whoever for whatever. This should be interesting.

Not disgruntled towards Harp at all...........just a semi-sarcastic chuckle about the "back to the drawing board" comment of yours in a previous post. Harp is probably a pretty good coach; he had awfully good record in KY, but that translates to squat in TN without the players to "DRAW" with. Lebanon has been down for a good 5-6 years (mystery to me as why), and in spite of the magical powers a coach of Harp's status is purported to have. Lebanon might win vs Antioch; that would be 3 wins vs very weak teams............*note Harp scheduled 3 possible wins outside league games..............smart!!

Lebanon needs players!!(thats it)..............sorry if I offended you: I sometimes just cannot help a chuckle at some comments made by die-hard fans. Harp would probably like to have your "magic" drawing board. You are a good Lebanon fan............I assume

Not disgruntled towards Harp at all...........just a semi-sarcastic chuckle about the "back to the drawing board" comment of yours in a previous post. Harp is probably a pretty good coach; he had awfully good record in KY, but that translates to squat in TN without the players to "DRAW" with. Lebanon has been down for a good 5-6 years (mystery to me as why), and in spite of the magical powers a coach of Harp's status is purported to have. Lebanon might win vs Antioch; that would be 3 wins vs very weak teams............*note Harp scheduled 3 possible wins outside league games..............smart!!

Lebanon needs players!!(thats it)..............sorry if I offended you: I sometimes just cannot help a chuckle at some comments made by die-hard fans. Harp would probably like to have your "magic" drawing board. You are a good Lebanon fan............I assume

Otter; what do you think it would take to get the athletes at Lebanon out for team ?

Bluedevile; feel free to chime in.

Well not sure how me saying that one time has constituted your chuckling or jokes with me. But anyways, harp hasn't been given a real chance from the beginning. A whole lot of empty promises. But we do agree on one thing, there is a shortage of athletes.

Otter; what do you think it would take to get the athletes at Lebanon out for team ?

Bluedevile; feel free to chime in.

Forgive me, but I must get on the soapbox for a minute. Lebanon doesn't have much of a chance. No real support all the way around. MJ has an amazing administration (love Mel brown) , WC is getting there. Lebanon however just hired a principal who doesn't allow his sports to have 4th block with their coach. That's a huge disadvantage with just the teams in their own county. All athletics are done after school (weight lifting, film, practice, etc..) no real help is given to the sports even after school from administration. Harp this year finally was able to hire some coaches, hence the improvement. People at Lebanon just think that stuff happens without the hard work. It's crazy. i wont even get into the county bias because it will do no good to discuss it here. Now as far as the athletes, there are some walking the halls but unfortunately they are ones who can't manage to stay out of trouble so therefore it does no good from a team aspect.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't help that there is quite a bit of talent that would be going to Lebanon playing up the road at Friendship Christian..... Kids that are serious about playing football and have support from their families would much rather have their kids go play for championships at Friendship Christian than struggle to win games at Lebanon.

The only thing that is gonna change that is winning. And when you don't have that culture its a long hard build. One that probably doesn't even start in high school.... might have to start in middle school.