William Blount @ Science Hill

Governm

Governor fans - if this helps, I have seen DB play 3 times this year and Science Hill once, and at this point Science Hill is 2 TD's better than DB. If you want to beat them you absolutely cannot make stupid mistakes. (Now we have to get ready for a bunch of DB fans bashing this thread. I only bring up DB because the Govs have already played the Indians, so just to give them some comparison for Science Hill. This is not to say that when DB plays SH in a few weeks that SH will be 2 TD's better, but as of today they are.)

I get what you are hinting at but WB has played much better offensively since that game. After that game Shad had an extended meeting with the team and called out the O-line and they have played much better since then. The last few weeks our pass protection has improved and as a result we actually have a passing game now. In the DB game the pass blocking was just non-existent and it really limited what our offense could do. I know SH has a good team and a good defense but I don't see them living in our backfield like teams did early in the season.

Governor fans - if this helps, I have seen DB play 3 times this year and Science Hill once, and at this point Science Hill is 2 TD's better than DB. If you want to beat them you absolutely cannot make stupid mistakes. (Now we have to get ready for a bunch of DB fans bashing this thread. I only bring up DB because the Govs have already played the Indians, so just to give them some comparison for Science Hill. This is not to say that when DB plays SH in a few weeks that SH will be 2 TD's better, but as of today they are.)

I would guess the Maryville fans that saw both games could let the WB fans know if this game will be much like the DB/WB game or if they think SH will be an easier or tougher opponent.

I think SH is playing pretty good football on defense and the offense has started to be less focused on making the QB carry the load running the ball. Should be another good test as a new opponent to the kids come to town.

I would guess the Maryville fans that saw both games could let the WB fans know if this game will be much like the DB/WB game or if they think SH will be an easier or tougher opponent.

I think SH is playing pretty good football on defense and the offense has started to be less focused on making the QB carry the load running the ball. Should be another good test as a new opponent to the kids come to town.

I don't think it matters who is better between DB and SH. What matters is WB is competing at the line of scrimmage now. I think besides Maryville, any of the teams in the region can beat anybody on any given night.

I don't think it matters who is better between DB and SH. What matters is WB is competing at the line of scrimmage now. I think besides Maryville, any of the teams in the region can beat anybody on any given night.

I agree. In High School sports kids are like horse races. You just hope they ate a good breakfast and don't get hung up coming out of the gates. Any given Friday any given team...

Here's some interesting stats for the Govs. We have had 7 guys score TDs so far. 3 RBs have had 100 yards in a game and scored rushing TDs, the QB has had 100 yards rushing in games and scored a few rushing TDs, and 3 wide receivers have caught TD passes. That's pretty good for a team that supposedly doesn't have any athletes.

Probably not. But it won't be because we can't get off a pass. In the DB game we had guys coming clean into the backfield and the coach called out the O-line after the game and since then they have played much better.

Since then WB has played Heritage, Bearden and Jefferson Co. I wish WB the best, so I hope the Governors have improved and do improve the rest of the way.

Since then WB has played Heritage, Bearden and Jefferson Co. I wish WB the best, so I hope the Governors have improved and do improve the rest of the way.

Yes,

That's true but our O-line troubles were present before the DB game. And they have gotten consistently better since then. Maybe a part of that is due to the competition but I think it's mainly just us improving. That's the one area where there's been improvement every week.

The Vols blew another 2 touchdown lead. Now, why didn't I see that coming? :huh: meanwhile Florida cruised to victory over Ole Miss. Is everyone finally ready to admit that Butch is not the answer? Look at what the first year coach is doing at Florida with a young team and that should tell you everything that you need to know.

Is Shad the answer at WB??