William Blount @ Science Hill

Governm

if you have seen DB play 3 times then you have seen some great games - hard fights , no give up, and play all 4 qtrs attitudes .... well , besides Maryville and you cant compare SH or DB because of that game !! By far that was Dbs worst game of the Last 20 years ....terrible game plan , terrible coaching and the worst player productivity I have ever seen - yes Maryville does this to teams but DBs kids knew they could not win going in (you could see it) - they still had their training wheels on !!! I think the SH and DB game comes down completely to turnovers ... I really don't see one team better than other at this time of the year and the only advantage DB has currently is playing at home and knowing what they need to do to shut people up from thinking they have the Best coach in East TN ... Should be a great game and I hope both teams stay healthy !!!

Training wheels.LOL!It would not have mattered if they were ridin a Harley,Maryville would have still destroyed them.

So what your saying is SH is two touchdowns better than DB except for when they actually play and then you have no ideal?

Correct, follow my logic....   I think SH is better than DB TODAY.    That is of course just an opinion based on observation and looking at common opponents, there is no way to prove that empirically except on the field.     But a lot can happen in the next few weeks before they actually meet up, i.e., injuries, guys coming back from injuries, coaching meltdowns, stuff like that.     By the time they meet in a few weeks it could be reversed.      Once the DB/SH thread gets started stay tuned for a complete game analysis.....

if you have seen DB play 3 times then you have seen some great games - hard fights , no give up, and play all 4 qtrs attitudes .... well , besides Maryville and you cant compare SH or DB because of that game !! By far that was Dbs worst game of the Last 20 years ....terrible game plan , terrible coaching and the worst player productivity I have ever seen - yes Maryville does this to teams but DBs kids knew they could not win going in (you could see it) - they still had their training wheels on !!! I think the SH and DB game comes down completely to turnovers ... I really don't see one team better than other at this time of the year and the only advantage DB has currently is playing at home and knowing what they need to do to shut people up from thinking they have the Best coach in East TN ... Should be a great game and I hope both teams stay healthy !!!

You could be right, again I just think SH is better TODAY, but a lot can change in the next few weeks.     Forgot DB has SH at home so that does give them a little advantage.      I saw DB play Tenn High, Oak Ridge and that 6A Blount County team, can't think of the name......    DB beat an apathetic Tenn High team pretty soundly, but it is because TH just laid down and quit early.     TH also did stupid things like punt and kick to the guy who kept burning them on returns, over and over and over and....        DB was solid against Oak Ridge and had plenty of chances to win but some questionable coaching plus 2 bad plays sealed the deal.     And finally that game against that Blount County team, well that goes without saying.      I will say this, I think DB has better players individually than how they play as a whole, so that means the fault rolls up to ______________ (in the interest of being kind I'm not going to say it)

I read a very little of the last few post and here is my thoughts between DB and SH.I think SH has the better team but not good enough to just show up like Maryville.SH has taken steps forward in their weight training and getting more of their athletes out to play.I think DB is still in the same nice cave they have had for a decade or so .SH has caught DB and it will be a toss up when they play this year.

Edited by BatmanDB

You could be right, again I just think SH is better TODAY, but a lot can change in the next few weeks.     Forgot DB has SH at home so that does give them a little advantage.      I saw DB play Tenn High, Oak Ridge and that 6A Blount County team, can't think of the name......    DB beat an apathetic Tenn High team pretty soundly, but it is because TH just laid down and quit early.     TH also did stupid things like punt and kick to the guy who kept burning them on returns, over and over and over and....        DB was solid against Oak Ridge and had plenty of chances to win but some questionable coaching plus 2 bad plays sealed the deal.     And finally that game against that Blount County team, well that goes without saying.      I will say this, I think DB has better players individually than how they play as a whole, so that means the fault rolls up to ______________ (in the interest of being kind I'm not going to say it)

Oh god i'm getting flashbacks again...