William Blount @ Science Hill

Governm

The Vols blew another 2 touchdown lead. Now, why didn't I see that coming? :huh: meanwhile Florida cruised to victory over Ole Miss. Is everyone finally ready to admit that Butch is not the answer? Look at what the first year coach is doing at Florida with a young team and that should tell you everything that you need to know.

So as a SH fan and since we have not played WB since I have followed SH football I am curious as to the team WB will bring to Spurrier Field Friday night?

So far SH has had a strong defense in every game except for Maryville (anyone going to hold them under 30 points in conference play?) and the offense has shown good growth even though our QB missed all but 7 plays against Maryville and the 4th Qtr of Hardin Valley in the mud.  The offense has been forced to mature and #25 Mathes has had back to back to back 150+ yrd rushing games and is slippery fast scoring 4 TDs the last two games.  Our tight ends are catching passes and the DBs are creating turnovers.  The team is getting better each week.

Go Toppers!

Edited by Acumen

So as a SH fan and since we have not played WB since I have followed SH football I am curious as to the team WB will bring to Spurrier Field Friday night?

So far SH has had a strong defense in every game except for Maryville (anyone going to hold them under 30 points in conference play?) and the offense has shown good growth even though our QB missed all but 7 plays against Maryville and the 4th Qtr of Hardin Valley in the mud. The offense has been forced to mature and #25 Mathes has had back to back to back 150+ yrd rushing games and is slippery fast scoring 4 TDs the last two games. Our tight ends are catching passes and the DBs are creating turnovers. The team is getting better each week.

Go Toppers!

Earlier in the season WB's defense looked solid but the offense struggled. Now the offense is looking good but the defense looks hapless. I'm not sure why the defense has regressed but I'm thinking a big part of it is a lack of effort. In the past 2 games (Bearden and Jeff Co) WB had 2 TD leads and looked dominant at times only to fade in the 2nd half. Turnovers and penalties have become an issue the past few weeks. If we can eliminate those and play hard for 4 Qtrs I think it will be a competitive game. I'll be making the trip up Friday afternoon. Here's to hoping the Govs make it worth the trip. Go Govs!

Governor fans - if this helps, I have seen DB play 3 times this year and Science Hill once, and at this point Science Hill is 2 TD's better than DB.      If you want to beat them you absolutely cannot make stupid mistakes.      (Now we have to get ready for a bunch of DB fans bashing this thread.   I only bring up DB because the Govs have already played the Indians, so just to give them some comparison for Science Hill.   This is not to say that when DB plays SH in a few weeks that SH will be 2 TD's better, but as of today they are.)

Earlier in the season WB's defense looked solid but the offense struggled. Now the offense is looking good but the defense looks hapless. I'm not sure why the defense has regressed but I'm thinking a big part of it is a lack of effort. In the past 2 games (Bearden and Jeff Co) WB had 2 TD leads and looked dominant at times only to fade in the 2nd half. Turnovers and penalties have become an issue the past few weeks. If we can eliminate those and play hard for 4 Qtrs I think it will be a competitive game. I'll be making the trip up Friday afternoon. Here's to hoping the Govs make it worth the trip. Go Govs!

Glad to hear you will be making the trip up. We are proud of our facilities and hopefully it will be a good crowd. Not sure about this week however as school is on fall break and most students left town except for the football team. Looks like good fall weather though which we should all be happy about after the swamp we played in last Friday.

Looking forward to the game and in 6a football all the games seem to have a competitive nature. SH just needs to focus on getting better every week and 6 games in they seem to be doing just that.

Safe travels!