Bradley Central 4-2 (1-2) @ the Fred. Dobyns-Bennett 4-2 (2-1)

Indian423

Our Band has a better defense.

Several years Boone was @ DB.    The cheerleaders had a big poster in the end zone closest to the baseball field.     DB's band was on the field performing the national anthem.    After that Boone ran thru the poster and the first guy thru ran right into a band member.     The band guy just got right up and shook it off, right then I was thinking that guy should be on the fb team.

So true.   Our best chance at a gold ball will be Elizabethton, but that means they have to go thru Alcoa, and I think we all know how that will end.     Then in 2A the winner of Hampton/Sullivan North may have a shot but I don't know, there is just something that happens when you cross that line into Knox County and beyond...

NET's best chance on a yearly basis is my alma mater,Greeneville.They have played for three and won two since 2009.They last time another team in the area won a championship was over 40 years ago...I'd love to see both SN and Hampton do well in the playoffs.Trezevant will probably be the team to beat in 2A and they were a nasty bunch when Greeneville beat  them for the championship.

NET's best chance on a yearly basis is my alma mater,Greeneville.They have played for three and won two since 2009.They last time another team in the area won a championship was over 40 years ago...I'd love to see both SN and Hampton do well in the playoffs.Trezevant will probably be the team to beat in 2A and they were a nasty bunch when Greeneville beat  them for the championship.

Yeah I wasn't sure if Greeneville should be included as a "Tri-cities area" team, but you're right in that they have the best shot.       I saw them in a couple of the Cookeville title games.    That one year they won it, I think it was the year after Carmichael graduated but I'm not positive, anyway I think that team was the best in the state at ANY level.

Several years Boone was @ DB. The cheerleaders had a big poster in the end zone closest to the baseball field. DB's band was on the field performing the national anthem. After that Boone ran thru the poster and the first guy thru ran right into a band member. The band guy just got right up and shook it off, right then I was thinking that guy should be on the fb team.

The band members are told that during band competitions, if a field judge gets between where you are and where you need to be on the field, run over him. He shouldn't be in your way. I have seen judges get stiff armed. The don't knock off points.

Coaching. As we are finally starting to find out. The best coach in upper east tn. is below average. Excluding Greeneville.

Are you finally coming back around? It is coaching. Coaching, coaching, coaching. GQ and staff are the proof. Every time GC does a little better you think he's the greatest. He is a nice man. He cares about the kids. But he's forgetting how to coach, especially under pressure. I've been consistent about this for years now - ever since the 1 and out phenomenon began. And his one liners are even beginning to stink. The kids deserve leaders with the determination and ability to turn the program into a Maryville level program. We could all enjoy an annual DB / Maryville Classic. I hate to say it because he gets on my nerves, somebody like Cook. He turned the band program around with determination. He learned the skill. Credit where credit's due. They're going to nationals again. Last time they just missed top 10 out of about 100. The football program deserves no less. Not because DB is something special. Rather, that the coaches and team should want to do better an go to the next level. Right now, status quo seems to be good enough. That chain needs to be rattled all the way to the Board of Education. We need to be consistent on the side of "change needed".

70,I don't like Cook myself and that's his fault for being a smug ...That said,he is a winner and the band is one of the best.When GC retires,it's going to be just as shty for DB's chances to compete against good programs.To much politics at DB,Kingsport and the Big E.The whole fort Patrick dam place is who knows who and take care of your own.

Yeah I wasn't sure if Greeneville should be included as a "Tri-cities area" team, but you're right in that they have the best shot.       I saw them in a couple of the Cookeville title games.    That one year they won it, I think it was the year after Carmichael graduated but I'm not positive, anyway I think that team was the best in the state at ANY level.

TO much.It is 22 miles from SH to DB or TH and it is 30 whole miles from SH to Greeneville.Looked back,I did say NET and Greeneville is sure well within that area

Edited by BatmanDB

Are you finally coming back around? It is coaching. Coaching, coaching, coaching. GQ and staff are the proof. Every time GC does a little better you think he's the greatest. He is a nice man. He cares about the kids. But he's forgetting how to coach, especially under pressure. I've been consistent about this for years now - ever since the 1 and out phenomenon began. And his one liners are even beginning to stink. The kids deserve leaders with the determination and ability to turn the program into a Maryville level program. We could all enjoy an annual DB / Maryville Classic. I hate to say it because he gets on my nerves, somebody like Cook. He turned the band program around with determination. He learned the skill. Credit where credit's due. They're going to nationals again. Last time they just missed top 10 out of about 100. The football program deserves no less. Not because DB is something special. Rather, that the coaches and team should want to do better an go to the next level. Right now, status quo seems to be good enough. That chain needs to be rattled all the way to the Board of Education. We need to be consistent on the side of "change needed".

I know GC used to be a good coach. It seems like around '04 or '05 he started to slip. Then he started pulling some real boners here and there. A couple of very embarrassing loses brought some heat on him. The loss or Watson as DC has hurt him as much as anything. When you have a defense giving up yardage like your seeing now at DB it makes it impossible for a head coach to succeed. It alters every play you call on offense. I don't know who is in charge of hiring assistant coaches but they should be fired......no they should be arrested. That's how bad the choices have been. I guess every time I see Clark coach a good game I start to think that maybe he's back. What I have seen after the Sevier Co. game last year shows he's not back and we're not going to see that again. Maryville, as everyone knows is the best team year in and year out but DB being the states top team in wins should at least be able to field a team that could at least slow Maryville down a little bit. There are several teams in the state that can give Maryville a game. DB's effort was embarrassing for the states winning 'est team.

I know GC used to be a good coach. It seems like around '04 or '05 he started to slip. Then he started pulling some real boners here and there. A couple of very embarrassing loses brought some heat on him. The loss or Watson as DC has hurt him as much as anything. When you have a defense giving up yardage like your seeing now at DB it makes it impossible for a head coach to succeed. It alters every play you call on offense. I don't know who is in charge of hiring assistant coaches but they should be fired......no they should be arrested. That's how bad the choices have been. I guess every time I see Clark coach a good game I start to think that maybe he's back. What I have seen after the Sevier Co. game last year shows he's not back and we're not going to see that again. Maryville, as everyone knows is the best team year in and year out but DB being the states top team in wins should at least be able to field a team that could at least slow Maryville down a little bit. There are several teams in the state that can give Maryville a game. DB's effort was embarrassing for the states winning 'est team.

You are 100% correct. I wish somebody that could do something would care. I would love for the Maryville game to become a real rivalry - you would never know for sure who's goina win.