Bradley Central 4-2 (1-2) @ the Fred. Dobyns-Bennett 4-2 (2-1)

Indian423

Defiantly fighting to avoid Maryville in the playoffs

If DB and SH roll until they meet,that would be a huge game for the seedings.You wouldn't want a second round game against Blackman and the winner gets Maryville in the Quarters as it stands now.The other side would still mean playing Oakland in the Quarters and Maryville in the semis.So in fact,either team would have to play great ball to ever see Maryville again this year.

Bradley needs to put Carpenter out wide or in the slot NOT at TE. They need to find a running game outside of Copeland. Play calling needs to improve. Play to your strengths not calling the plays that do not work over and over.

Not sure if you have even watched Bradley with that statement. Courtland Bradley was starting RB and had some good games early till sidelined with a Hamstring injury. Devin Moore was filling nicely till Injured in the Jefferson County game. Other's have run the ball, with effectiveness, but none have been noticed in the same degree as Copeland.

I agree on the idea of Carpenter being out of place lining up at TE. SE or WR is where he needs to be.

Play calling does get way too predictable and unimaginative at times. You have to take some shots during the game to make sure the defense has to defend the whole field. I like Coach Floyd's philosophy of ending every drive with a kick, be it Extra Point, Field Goal of if necessary a punt. But don't be so worried about that you don't play the game to win throughout.

Edited by alt1958

If DB and SH roll until they meet,that would be a huge game for the seedings.You wouldn't want a second round game against Blackman and the winner gets Maryville in the Quarters as it stands now.The other side would still mean playing Oakland in the Quarters and Maryville in the semis.So in fact,either team would have to play great ball to ever see Maryville again this year.

There's really no point in trying to figure out the possibilities. DB and SH have no chance against any "true" top 10 team.

There's really no point in trying to figure out the possibilities. DB and SH have no chance against any "true" top 10 team.

So true.   Our best chance at a gold ball will be Elizabethton, but that means they have to go thru Alcoa, and I think we all know how that will end.     Then in 2A the winner of Hampton/Sullivan North may have a shot but I don't know, there is just something that happens when you cross that line into Knox County and beyond...

Not sure if you have even watched Bradley with that statement. Courtland Bradley was starting RB and had some good games early till sidelined with a Hamstring injury. Devin Moore was filling nicely till Injured in the Jefferson County game. Other's have run the ball, with effectiveness, but none have been noticed in the same degree as Copeland.

I agree on the idea of Carpenter being out of place lining up at TE. SE or WR is where he needs to be.

Play calling does get way too predictable and unimaginative at times. You have to take some shots during the game to make sure the defense has to defend the whole field. I like Coach Floyd's philosophy of ending every drive with a kick, be it Extra Point, Field Goal of if necessary a punt. But don't be so worried about that you don't play the game to win throughout.

Yes I've watched Bradley or I wouldn't comment. Courtland Bradley when he plays does well but Floyd pulls him at times for long periods just like in the McMinn Co game. He wasn't injured then. Yeah I'm aware he had a hammy issue but stats back up my comment that outside of Copeland the running game has been average at best. Play calling is head scratching every season. Poor play calling cost them the Bearden game.

I do not miss a game. I do know all to well about our running. Courtland was avg 4-7 yards a carry against bearden and basically got benched most the night to a sophomore who can't hit a whole 5 yards apart. Courtland is full health now and it's crazy that he is not getting most the carries outside of Copeland. Others are just too young and doesn't see what Courtland sees. Only way Courtland goes out is to get a breather this year.

As for carpenter, the bears was trying to disguise him to keep the LB in check at TE. They knew all about Carp and had him manned up and double teamed when he was out at WR. The young guys are gonna have to step up at WR like they did Friday night.

You will see a couple changes at OL this Friday as well. If they come to play, it will be a good game, but if we play flat and just don't care, we will get a Bama Georgia beat down. DB is not Bearden. We can't play like middle school kids and expect us to keep DB in the whole game like we did Bearden. It will be a 50-7 beat down

Edited by DaChampsAgain

I do not miss a game. I do know all to well about our running. Courtland was avg 4-7 yards a carry against bearden and basically got benched most the night to a sophomore who can't hit a whole 5 yards apart. Courtland is full health now and it's crazy that he is not getting most the carries outside of Copeland. Others are just too young and doesn't see what Courtland sees. Only way Courtland goes out is to get a breather this year.

As for carpenter, the bears was trying to disguise him to keep the LB in check at TE. They knew all about Carp and had him manned up and double teamed when he was out at WR. The young guys are gonna have to step up at WR like they did Friday night.

You will see a couple changes at OL this Friday as well. If they come to play, it will be a good game, but if we play flat and just don't care, we will get a Bama Georgia beat down. DB is not Bearden. We can't play like middle school kids and expect us to keep DB in the whole game like we did Bearden. It will be a 50-7 beat down

You should be able to just fall down and get 7 points against DB's defense.

So true.   Our best chance at a gold ball will be Elizabethton, but that means they have to go thru Alcoa, and I think we all know how that will end.     Then in 2A the winner of Hampton/Sullivan North may have a shot but I don't know, there is just something that happens when you cross that line into Knox County and beyond...

Coaching. As we are finally starting to find out. The best coach in upper east tn. is below average. Excluding Greeneville.

Yes I've watched Bradley or I wouldn't comment. Courtland Bradley when he plays does well but Floyd pulls him at times for long periods just like in the McMinn Co game. He wasn't injured then. Yeah I'm aware he had a hammy issue but stats back up my comment that outside of Copeland the running game has been average at best. Play calling is head scratching every season. Poor play calling cost them the Bearden game.

And now you make my point for me too. Others have run the ball with various degrees of success, but Copeland is the main playmaker and gets the publicity.