best Heavyweight???

BABILL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that Brugal is a step above pennington and crosby two steps above. all the times brugal wrestled pennington as i recall brugal lost and the way i saw pennington wrestle last year for the third place in state it looked like he was trying to throw the guy like he tried at brentwood and didnt lock it up tight enough and the soddy guy just got lucky. thats just my view of it.

Matwizard, I wasn't necessarilly saying they were 2 steps above Pennington. Its that they placed higher in the states. The gentleman that I was responding to stated that he believed Pennington was a step above every one else.

Crosby has not loss since the semis of his spohomore season when he was 3rd in the state. He has a 66 match win streak going. He is not above being beaten and at the appropriate time it might even serve as a stronger motivation to achieve his 2nd state championship. This state is loaded at heaveyweight which makes what Crosby has done even more amazing.In his own region he has Anderson 5th state and Reed(SE) ranked in state to wrestle on a regular basis. So his own region championship is not guaranteed. By the way think about this. Crosby, Brugal, Pennington, and Harding win their regions and are seated based on their state placement last year this leaves Anderson as the loose missile :)

[Edited by noonesfool on 12-8-02 9:40P]

Guest somethingCLEVER

i think this weight could go anywhere this year,after taking a couple of things into account.....for one,pennington beat brugal three times last year,one as late as the state dual tournament. another thing is that i believe i remember hearing that parks harding beat crosby over the summer (correct me if im wrong). and probably the final factor i take into consideration would be looking at the scores between all of the ranked hwts and seeing how close all of them are. none of these heavyweights were dominated last year (except for pennington's loss to will lynch) in any of their matches with each other. that just goes to show that anyone could win on any given day.....

yes, parks harding did beat crosby once this summer in a very close match. harding lost to crosby 5-3 at knox catholic last saturday. however, he was feeling ill (not to take anything away from crosby's fine victory) and found out monday that he has mono. harding will be lucky if he recovers before the season ends.

this is an unfortunate wrinkle in what could be a real exciting year for the big boys.

Guest Hrdwoody

I have heard Brugal was 250 pounds last year wrestling 275 and this year he is a full 275. Not much fat except in the head. Outcomes should be very different for him this year.