GCA hosts Wartburg

gcapride

Only to the defendants, all us prosecutors were going with Honorable. Another good one was when ole Tushhog started talking about their graven image, he's a mess dontchaknow.One of these days I'm gonna organize a meeting with all of us, a reunion of sorts, maybe shortly after season plan a meet and greet (or maybe a drink and eat) somewhere in the Knoxville / Gatlinburg area. Somewhere kind of reasonable driving distance for everybody and have a meal and some laughs, I think that'd be a good time for sure.

I'd come to that!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only to the defendants, all us prosecutors were going with Honorable. Another good one was when ole Tushhog started talking about their graven image, he's a mess dontchaknow.One of these days I'm gonna organize a meeting with all of us, a reunion of sorts, maybe shortly after season plan a meet and greet (or maybe a drink and eat) somewhere in the Knoxville / Gatlinburg area. Somewhere kind of reasonable driving distance for everybody and have a meal and some laughs, I think that'd be a good time for sure.

That would be some fun for sure. Old Spike has had me in the floor a time or 2. You can tell he;s a fighter.

Guest Fall101

That would be some fun for sure. Old Spike has had me in the floor a time or 2. You can tell he;s a fighter.

Pujo I'll give it a go with anybody. Back when I played I didn't find nobody to big and I wasn't that big myself.

I agree with all of you guys about small town football. It's where I was raised, and now we play small school football with an asterisk because we are a private school. This is going to be lengthy, just a warning. But I think most of us can relate, regardless of the school.

A Football Dad's Life:

We start out when our boys are too little to tie their own shoes. One day, they say they want to play football. That's our payday! We didn't push them into it. We didn't force them into it, they decided they wanted to play the game we love. Those first years were awesome. Crooked helmets, droopy pants, mouthpieces that were way too big. But they loved it. They were playing with their friends. They had no idea what we were doing in the stands...they didn't care! They found the brotherhood, but didn't really understand it at that time. They grew, they played, they bonded with their team through youth league.

Then the first big step, Middle School Football. Sixth grade was tough because the kids that played had "hair". It's a right of passage, you spend your time putting in work for the older kids that did it before you. Let's face it, not many 6th graders can play with an 8th grader. And it goes on until your son is the big 8th grader soaking up the Thursday Night Lights. We enjoy the time, but in the back of our minds, we think about how great it will be to watch him under those Friday Night Lights. "Be careful what you wish for" would be appropriate right here...

Then the big 8th Grader becomes a Freshman and it starts again. We're under those Friday Night Lights, but their not as bright as we thought they would be. Now your big 8th Grader is a small fish compared to the huge Seniors on the field. The progression of HS takes place and your son becomes a man. He becomes a High School Football player. The Friday Night Lights shine bright, but only for a short time. Before you know it, those lights start to fade. And the only thing you can think of is "Man, I wish he was back in Youth League again".

I'm very proud of my children, and very proud that my son decided to play this awesome game.

I agree with all of you guys about small town football. It's where I was raised, and now we play small school football with an asterisk because we are a private school. This is going to be lengthy, just a warning. But I think most of us can relate, regardless of the school.

A Football Dad's Life:

We start out when our boys are too little to tie their own shoes. One day, they say they want to play football. That's our payday! We didn't push them into it. We didn't force them into it, they decided they wanted to play the game we love. Those first years were awesome. Crooked helmets, droopy pants, mouthpieces that were way too big. But they loved it. They were playing with their friends. They had no idea what we were doing in the stands...they didn't care! They found the brotherhood, but didn't really understand it at that time. They grew, they played, they bonded with their team through youth league.

Then the first big step, Middle School Football. Sixth grade was tough because the kids that played had "hair". It's a right of passage, you spend your time putting in work for the older kids that did it before you. Let's face it, not many 6th graders can play with an 8th grader. And it goes on until your son is the big 8th grader soaking up the Thursday Night Lights. We enjoy the time, but in the back of our minds, we think about how great it will be to watch him under those Friday Night Lights. "Be careful what you wish for" would be appropriate right here...

Then the big 8th Grader becomes a Freshman and it starts again. We're under those Friday Night Lights, but their not as bright as we thought they would be. Now your big 8th Grader is a small fish compared to the huge Seniors on the field. The progression of HS takes place and your son becomes a man. He becomes a High School Football player. The Friday Night Lights shine bright, but only for a short time. Before you know it, those lights start to fade. And the only thing you can think of is "Man, I wish he was back in Youth League again".

I'm very proud of my children, and very proud that my son decided to play this awesome game.

Great post Pride!  I've enjoyed it too! I realize I get bent out of shape easily when others accuse our team of cheating. It just worries me about any strays bringing in fleas and getting the program in trouble! I'm gonna bring my gas mask to the game Friday and be ready, be ready, be ready!

Great post Pride! I've enjoyed it too! I realize I get bent out of shape easily when others accuse our team of cheating. It just worries me about any strays bringing in fleas and getting the program in trouble! I'm gonna bring my gas mask to the game Friday and be ready, be ready, be ready!

I can completely agree with this post. There isn't anyone that wants the best for this program more than I do. I think the future is bright for the Rams. By "future", I mean now. The future starts this week. We hold our destiny in our own hands. We need to tighten up on the O-Line. I thought they would be a strong point coming into this season, but we haven't seen their best. They have a ton of talent, they're HUGE, they're fast. Time for them to show us what they're all about. I look for them to gel over the next couple of weeks and carry us into November on a high.

Guest Fall101

Haven't really looked into it yet. I'm a super fan but even I don't have a 2012 roster hanging around. I'll know before long.

You will for sure know me as soon as you figure it out. We have had a good conversation or 2 at practice and during games.

Good post, crow. This thing has changed a lot. The things TigerNation and fellow RW guys have thrown out there are very tame compared to what went on 5+ years ago. Probably two of the best trash talkers were PowerP and TrainTracks from South Pitt. You couldn't win with those guys. Some presidential candidate should hire them as their debate coach. They had a reply for everything. Watched many people on here get "TrainTracked" as he called it. Including myself.

Another one that I didn't mention was OleTiger from Sunbright. Geez, that guy could get some people going.