GCA hosts Wartburg

gcapride

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I didn't think there were many around. Just blows my mind how low they have gotten over the past several years. They got blown out again last night by TP! I know Coalfield gets a lot of their athletes, but somebody with some back bone and pride needs to step up and turn that thing around. And keep the athletes in house. There's no reason why they shouldn't be a .500 team at the very least each year.

. Yeah, as a Wartburg alum and former player this whole situation sickens me. It's true Coalfield gets some of Wartburg's better athletes, especially in football. The guy coaching Wartburg now shouldn't be and from what I heard it's just one big messed up deal. It's funny too. Thirty years ago it would have been Cardinal sin for a Wartburg kid to go to Coalfield. But back then we beat Coalfield year in and year out. I hope the Burg works all this out, because it's hard to believe just 5 years ago the dogs were in the state quarter finals!

. Yeah, as a Wartburg alum and former player this whole situation sickens me. It's true Coalfield gets some of Wartburg's better athletes, especially in football. The guy coaching Wartburg now shouldn't be and from what I heard it's just one big messed up deal. It's funny too. Thirty years ago it would have been Cardinal sin for a Wartburg kid to go to Coalfield. But back then we beat Coalfield year in and year out. I hope the Burg works all this out, because it's hard to believe just 5 years ago the dogs were in the state quarter finals!

Can you name what all kids besides Ervin who are at coalfield that should be at wartburg?

Can you name what all kids besides Ervin who are at coalfield that should be at wartburg?

really got no dog in the race there is only one team in Morgan Co I like (Go Eagles )! A guy I know and work with has a son a very good athlete in middle school at waterbug has been approached by a prominent cf supporter to transfer to cf. I don't think my coworker is lying he is consideredin it and I don't blame him. How many more times has this happened over the years

. Nope, nary a one. But I do know that it's happened on occasion the past 10 years or so, because I went to school with their parents. By the way, I'm not close to the Wartburg program anymore, I just go by what I hear and read. Really I suppose I couldn't blame those kids for going to Coalfield, especially if they want to play for a top notch coaching staff and avoid the current misery at Wartburg. Like another poster said earlier, maybe Wartburg has become a boys basketball school.

Thought I seen uncle Pride a Big Eds earlier then realized with those GCA middle guys I was looking at I would be the uncle. LOL

LOL! We were at the game, but decided to skip Big Ed's. Thought the crowd would be too big with OR playing right after us. I'd like to hook up with you someday, after all these District 3A years together.

LOL! We were at the game, but decided to skip Big Ed's. Thought the crowd would be too big with OR playing right after us. I'd like to hook up with you someday, after all these District 3A years together.

Deal! Got lucky enough to hit Big Eds before the middle game alot of GCA folks came in but all were younger than me.

Most of them are younger than me too... We can shoot for our rematch in the playoffs. I hope we both get that far. Good luck, friend!

Word of advice waterbug may not play good football but they can give WWF a run for their money. Emphasis on keeping a cool head. Edited by wpasi