Wayne County @ Houston County

wildcat89

Exactly what im thinking.........im just ready to head up 13 north and play HC...........may the best team win

You and me both man .absolutely! I know we're outmatched and y'all are another great program but regardless my thinking has always been both teams have gotta show up , strap em up, and bust heads for four quarters and see which way the ball falls. Again my biggest hope is both of us come out injury free to continue our respective season into the playoffs if that's what's meant to happen. Couldn't agree with this post more.
  • Upvote 1

I was talking good about our junior varsity I love seeing teams rebuilding and getting outta gutter happens to almost every team. I was saying Huntingdon and Wayne County were better than you. I am only huntingdon fan to pick we would blow out Milan which is unheard of. I wasnt meaning to bash your program except when someone said you had some speed I corrected them, I was also right about that. Your program stills got some work to do and they will get there. Like I said in other forum last night good luck on rest of your season.

And good luck to yours as well. I had a sideline view of the class your program represents . I'll pull for this regions teams over everyone else's.

Here is some stats for Houston County thru 6 games... These are the ones I just emailed Coach Rice..

Houston County 'Irish (5-1;2-1R6-1A)

They are Avg..

26.7 ppg

20.0 papg

28.3 passing yds p/g (2.3/7.5 passing p/g)

252 Rushing yds p/g

Kicking/Punting:

18-20 PAT's

0-1 on FG's

0-0 on 2pt Conversions

15 Punts 34.4 avg 45 long

Here is individual stats for Houston County..

Passing:

#5 14/45 30% 170 yds 1TD 5INT 12.1 YPC

Rushing:

#11 598 rush yds 6TDs

#6 352 rush yds 3TDs

#13 304 rush yds 6TDs

#5 146 rush yds 4TDs

#99 79 rush yds 1TDs

#9 57 rush yds

Receiving:

#15 4 rec 59 yds

#9 3 rec 74 yds

#99 3 rec 7 yds 1TD

#87 2 rec 23 yds

#11 2 rec 7 yds

Kickoff Returns:

#11 10 returns 199 yds 1TD LONG 76

#9 7 returns 215 yds 1TD LONG 77

Average Kick Return 25 yds

Average Punt Return (Returned 2 for 32 yds)

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Wayne County wins. No passing attack for the Irish to keep the Wildcat D from selling out on the run. Houston Co. is improving, and are a pretty good team...Wayne Co. is on another level. Some folks will use this game as a measuring stick for the Huntingdon/WC game, but it won't tell the tale...Rice will not risk injury to key players in order to inflate the margin once the gap is "comfortable". Not trying to disrespect the Irish here, just not in the Wildcat's league yet...their running game is solid, passing attack is far better than most know(they're very efficient, just don't have to pass much), and are very well coached.

Wayne County wins. No passing attack for the Irish to keep the Wildcat D from selling out on the run. Houston Co. is improving, and are a pretty good team...Wayne Co. is on another level. Some folks will use this game as a measuring stick for the Huntingdon/WC game, but it won't tell the tale...Rice will not risk injury to key players in order to inflate the margin once the gap is "comfortable". Not trying to disrespect the Irish here, just not in the Wildcat's league yet...their running game is solid, passing attack is far better than most know(they're very efficient, just don't have to pass much), and are very well coached.

Good to see you guys in Scott's Hill on the rise too. I remember when you guys were getting it fired up couple of years ago!

WC's starting qb(Rice) was 5 for 5 for 96 yards and 3 tds in a quarter and a half, only played one series in second quarter and didn't come back in the game. He has 14 tds and zero interceptions on the year, not sure how many yards passing but his rushing yards are climbing as well.

WC's starting qb(Rice) was 5 for 5 for 96 yards and 3 tds in a quarter and a half, only played one series in second quarter and didn't come back in the game. He has 14 tds and zero interceptions on the year, not sure how many yards passing but his rushing yards are climbing as well.

I belive he's just short of 1000 yds

Good to see you guys in Scott's Hill on the rise too. I remember when you guys were getting it fired up couple of years ago!

You guy's stick to it...work and belief from the kids and community will get both our teams where we'd like to be. We still have a long way to go at Scotts Hill too, but the support and belief in the program by the community is where it needs to be now, and the kids are definitely all in. I always root for the "not so great in the past" teams who are on the rise...guess it's because I know first hand what they're going through...lol! Hope to see that y'all are still improving in coming years, I'm sort of tired of some of the arrogant fans (not the kids fault) who dismiss anyone following any team not labeled "contender". Wayne Co's fans will show respect this week...they're among the best, but all aren't so gracious...guess you already know about that. 

You guy's stick to it...work and belief from the kids and community will get both our teams where we'd like to be. We still have a long way to go at Scotts Hill too, but the support and belief in the program by the community is where it needs to be now, and the kids are definitely all in. I always root for the "not so great in the past" teams who are on the rise...guess it's because I know first hand what they're going through...lol! Hope to see that y'all are still improving in coming years, I'm sort of tired of some of the arrogant fans (not the kids fault) who dismiss anyone following any team not labeled "contender". Wayne Co's fans will show respect this week...they're among the best, but all aren't so gracious...guess you already know about that.

For sure. Coach rice is a class act as well as most of their fans on here, this is an anticipated for Houston County.