Ooltewah makes a change

GOOSESDAD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off...Im sure word has already spread whether Goosesdad said anything or not.  Stuff like that is no secret.  And since this isnt NFL or college then the most important thing is this kid getting well.  Second..this second qb should do just fine.  The team is in a rhythm and they dont make a ton of big throws anyway.  Just make sure the OL protects.  Carry on.

I've been to all the Owls games.  I think #17 has done a great job controlling the offense. He is a smart player and I like that.  The team should be 6-0 if we could have run a ball in from the one yard line or kicked a few FG's.  I hope he gets better soon and back on the field.  I'm sure the back-up will do great as well.  Go Owls.

I'll say this....Elrod(starter)seemed somewhat limited for whatever reason,could be off.cord.and he's style or Elrod cant do certain things?Thurman(back-up)is lucky enuff to get a varsity start against a not very good White county team this week and to add to that the Owls defense is so good,it will help him with nerves or any screw ups he'll make(and he will make some,just because he's young and inexperienced)not because he's not capable.,.its a whole different ballgame come Friday night than JV or practice!Ooltewah will be fine.All he has to do is get it to the recvrs and talented RBs etc.....and Owls will chug along until Elrod gets back(or whatever).These are all good boys that will give their best.Only thing Ooltewah needs to work on is control the clock(not so many 3 n outs).,.believe it or not That DEFENSE DOES GET TIRED!!! anyway GO OWLS!!!