Ravenwood at Lebanon

Ravenwood is coming into this game off a big 49-13 win over McGavock. With just Lebanon, Wilson Central, Antioch and Overton left on the schedule they appear to be a lock for the #1 seed in the region.

Lebanon comes into this game on a 3-game losing streak. They lost to Mt. Juliet 35-0, Portland 34-21 and Wilson Central 30-7. Its been a rough stretch that seemingly keeps getting worse. They expected to be able to compete against Mt. Juliet and that didn't happen. They expected to win against 4A Portland and that didn't happen. And then Wilson Central put up 402 yards rushing on them last Friday night.

Ravenwood should roll easily in this one. They have already beat Mt. Juliet and McGavock teams that both beat Lebanon by +30 points. But Ravenwood has allowed at least a touchdown in every game this season. I think there might be a good chance that Ravenwood takes this one easy with Overton the following week.

Ravenwood 35

Lebanon 7

It is Coach Harp's third year at Lebanon. I figured they would be a force by this point of his reign. I guess all of those previous "terrible coaches" that they had at LHS weren't so bad after all. Harp is a legend in the state of Kentucky and not even a guy with his pedigree can fix the leaking Titanic that is Lebanon's football program.

It is Coach Harp's third year at Lebanon. I figured they would be a force by this point of his reign. I guess all of those previous "terrible coaches" that they had at LHS weren't so bad after all. Harp is a legend in the state of Kentucky and not even a guy with his pedigree can fix the leaking Titanic that is Lebanon's football program.

All about players, Lebanon has a few, not many. Harp had 6A talent in a 2A school. Lebanon has 2A talent in a 6A school.

• Upvote 1

All about players, Lebanon has a few, not many. Harp had 6A talent in a 2A school. Lebanon has 2A talent in a 6A school.

I'm amazed at the mindset of the kids in regards to football. They lose a couple games and kids start quitting left and right. They are so worried about what their friends at school are gonna say if they lose that they would rather not even play.

At the Jr. High level they didn't even have a weight program until a couple years ago.

Coach Harp only had a few coaches on his staff until this year.

Just alot going on to keep that program down.

Its one of those things where the only thing that is gonna turn the ship around is for them to start winning some games. But that is hard to do in 6A. And that is the big difference in 1A/2A and 6A.... Everybody has athletes at 6A. In 1A/2A its alot easier to compete with a smaller group of players.

At the Jr. High level they didn't even have a weight program until a couple years ago.

Coach Harp only had a few coaches on his staff until this year.

Just alot going on to keep that program down.

I agree that there is a lot in Lebanon that keeps the football program in the cellar.  A brand new state of the art building, great facilities, a large student population, and yet no success to show for it.  I agree about coaches although some of that was Harp's doing in all honesty when mass changes to the faculty were made after his arrival.  When he got to LHS after Christmas in early 2013 the previous coaching staff members, educators and volunteer assistants, were told that their services were no longer wanted.  Let's not build in excuses that weren't granted to previous head coaches at LHS.  During Crane's last season he had two assistant coaches who were educators in the building.  The remainder of the staff consisted off two retired teachers/coaches who volunteered, a former NFL player who volunteered, a college student who volunteered, and another volunteer assistant.  It's not about coaching.  It's about lack of players and lack of support.  Jesus would have a difficult time winning games at Lebanon High School.  It's not a "knock on Coach Harp" whatsoever.  It has everything to do with what is honestly a terrible football culture at LHS.  I'm sure when Harp sees the light and leaves that Lebanon will again roll out the red carpet and attempt to make a splash hire.  My advice to any head coach would be to look past the facilities and look past the size of the school.  Like another poster said, you're coaching a 2A caliber team at the 6A level.  

I agree that there is a lot in Lebanon that keeps the football program in the cellar.  A brand new state of the art building, great facilities, a large student population, and yet no success to show for it.  I agree about coaches although some of that was Harp's doing in all honesty when mass changes to the faculty were made after his arrival.  When he got to LHS after Christmas in early 2013 the previous coaching staff members, educators and volunteer assistants, were told that their services were no longer wanted.  Let's not build in excuses that weren't granted to previous head coaches at LHS.  During Crane's last season he had two assistant coaches who were educators in the building.  The remainder of the staff consisted off two retired teachers/coaches who volunteered, a former NFL player who volunteered, a college student who volunteered, and another volunteer assistant.  It's not about coaching.  It's about lack of players and lack of support.  Jesus would have a difficult time winning games at Lebanon High School.  It's not a "knock on Coach Harp" whatsoever.  It has everything to do with what is honestly a terrible football culture at LHS.  I'm sure when Harp sees the light and leaves that Lebanon will again roll out the red carpet and attempt to make a splash hire.  My advice to any head coach would be to look past the facilities and look past the size of the school.  Like another poster said, you're coaching a 2A caliber team at the 6A level.  

Never should have let Bobby Brown go. He had a very good staff also. He has proven to be the best coach Lebanon has had since Coach Medley. Sad how people were upset with 5-6 wins. I bet they would love to have that many wins now. 

Edited by fb247