Sevier County @ TN High

THSVikings2004

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With #22 at 100% Vikings hang tough for a half. 2nd half THS runs same plays and SC makes adjustments. Edge to Bears but THS is in this game.

Keys for THS:

#56 makes holes for #22

Fake to #22 & get ball to #5 in space

DB's keep SC wr in front them

THS don't give up big running plays trying to stop the pass

THS offense "ball control"

GV33 said it best "Sevier does the one thing that THS has a hard time doing and that is defending the pass". Although our pass coverage has improved quite a bit since the beginning of the season the Dbacks still have trouble running with the receivers and then turning to make a play on the ball when it's well thrown. I have to finally say that I believe that had the coaching staff  gone with the backup QB as the starter this season and designed the Offensive scheme around his athletic ability this team would have been in a much better position to contend for a conference title if not more. I've hinted at this since my first post this season, so I had to just get that off my chest and let it go, because it's obvious that it's not going to happen at this point. I hope #16 proves himself this coming off season so we don't have these brakes on next year. It is what it is..... so expect us to put the saddle back on #22 this week with him returning. Should be a good contest till halftime. Like ET said, look for the Sever coaches to make the adjustment and shut the Viking offense down after halftime. We lose a heart breaker for lack of being able to score on offense in the second half. 

GV33 said it best "Sevier does the one thing that THS has a hard time doing and that is defending the pass". Although our pass coverage has improved quite a bit since the beginning of the season the Dbacks still have trouble running with the receivers and then turning to make a play on the ball when it's well thrown. I have to finally say that I believe that had the coaching staff gone with the backup QB as the starter this season and designed the Offensive scheme around his athletic ability this team would have been in a much better position to contend for a conference title if not more. I've hinted at this since my first post this season, so I had to just get that off my chest and let it go, because it's obvious that it's not going to happen at this point. I hope #16 proves himself this coming off season so we don't have these brakes on next year. It is what it is..... so expect us to put the saddle back on #22 this week with him returning. Should be a good contest till halftime. Like ET said, look for the Sever coaches to make the adjustment and shut the Viking offense down after halftime. We lose a heart breaker for lack of being able to score on offense in the second half.

Pretty close

I knew we would be in major trouble when a player on THS (No names here) told me that the coaches would only let us throw 6-7 passes in the game. That's ridiculous and dumb to think that would work against any halfway decent team that knows how to adjust.

I feel ya Spetre7!! SMH 

Edited by Cap1