MR. Football 1A Who Ya Got?

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Confused...are we talking about who coulda, shoulda, woulda won or are we talking about THIS year's Mr Football? If so, Dresser Winn should definitely still be in the mix as well as Dylan Yates. If neither of them win this year then most definitely their senior year next year. Also believe Wilkes from Lake County deserves a spot because without him, Lake County wouldn't even be competitive.

Just having a discussion man. It was a thread I started for ppl to post their choices for this yrs Mr. Football. Just throw out some names. It got side tracked tlkn ab past winners or runners up but still want to talk about possible winners this season.

Just having a discussion man. It was a thread I started for ppl to post their choices for this yrs Mr. Football. Just throw out some names. It got side tracked tlkn ab past winners or runners up but still want to talk about possible winners this season.

Sorry. Just a dig at the annoying Huntingdon fans that can't handle not being talked about.

Confused...are we talking about who coulda, shoulda, woulda won or are we talking about THIS year's Mr Football? If so, Dresser Winn should definitely still be in the mix as well as Dylan Yates. If neither of them win this year then most definitely their senior year next year. Also believe Wilkes from Lake County deserves a spot because without him, Lake County wouldn't even be competitive.

i don't think players putting up big stats against awlful teams should be nominated. 8 for 20 with 3ints against a good team not very impressive

This season our TE is Most definitely one of IF not our overall best player! He is a vital part to our Offense and Defense as well as special Teams. He is leading the team in Sacks this season while being #5 go to guy!

hes just a very small piece of the puzzle trying to help his team.......this team is full of FOOTBALL players......they play together and feed of each other more than ive ever seen........players playing out of their natural position for the good of the TEAM and doing a great job i might add......they are all superstars to me......GO CATS!!!!!!!!

Edited by wboro33

hes just a very small piece of the puzzle trying to help his team.......this team is full of FOOTBALL players......they play together and feed of each other more than ive ever seen........players playing out of their natural position for the good of the TEAM and doing a great job i might add......they are all superstars to me......GO CATS!!!!!!!!

Ahh heck man I was just being honest! But he #20 #7 n #1 plus #58 and #53 have REALLY exceeded my expectations this season! That Dline is NASTY! Plus our 2 MLBs who I think are 2 of the best form tacklers in the Region we have a great D. #1 D in Region 6-1A!

I know I know wrong thread...disregard plz. Just cant help myself!

So, what is the definition of "Mr. Football" anyhow?  A one dimensional back piling up yards behind a great line, or a QB that doesn't play D racking up yards with great receivers; or a receiver with a great QB hauling in perfectly placed passes; or an above average linebacker making all the tackles because the rest of his D can't?  I think a "Mr. Football" does it all; like a Jacob Tucker.  CA South has a couple this year, #8 Garrison and #1 Thompson, and Garrison does all the kicking and punting too.  Look them up on MaxP and you'll see the total packages.

So, what is the definition of "Mr. Football" anyhow? A one dimensional back piling up yards behind a great line, or a QB that doesn't play D racking up yards with great receivers; or a receiver with a great QB hauling in perfectly placed passes; or an above average linebacker making all the tackles because the rest of his D can't? I think a "Mr. Football" does it all; like a Jacob Tucker. CA South has a couple this year, #8 Garrison and #1 Thompson, and Garrison does all the kicking and punting too. Look them up on MaxP and you'll see the total packages.

Thompson is one of the most talented receivers I have seen in 1a. Should receive some recognition and Horton from WC as well. When your looking at stats you gotta throw Preston Rice in the mix! 1a football is blessed with a ton of great athletes this year! I would hate to have to pick one as being the best!

Thompson is one of the most talented receivers I have seen in 1a. Should receive some recognition and Horton from WC as well. When your looking at stats you gotta throw Preston Rice in the mix! 1a football is blessed with a ton of great athletes this year! I would hate to have to pick one as being the best!

Hard to argue.  Rice has accounted for 24 TDs...I'm pretty sure that leads 1A in overall scoring to date.