10A vs 9A

gwh

• 2 weeks later...

Mcewen still has Sr. Guard Maddie Long (Lee commit.) By far the best player in 10A. They beat Eagleville once last year. Mcewen will probably be the only team that could even compete with the lower end of 9A.

I know 9A will be a dog fight, but doesn't Houston co have a lot of size left. I know they lost their great guard but they were huge last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Mcewen still has Sr. Guard Maddie Long (Lee commit.) By far the best player in 10A. They beat Eagleville once last year. Mcewen will probably be the only team that could even compete with the lower end of 9A.

Aren't you forgetting about Breanna Boggs from Houston County, Just signed with UT-Martin?

• 2 weeks later...

KYTNGBB-

First, I would not say that Maddie Long is by far the best player in the district. I am not sure how you can make that statement when you have a potential Miss Basketball in Breanna Boggs in the district and who has also signed with UT-Martin. I guess we wlll see in Feburary in which player leads the team for a deep post season run. Best players normally put the team on the back and carry the load. Good Luck to all teams in 10-A

The overall talent level is there this year for McEwen to be very competetive in the region... That being said, they play an extremely weak schedule, year after year, that does nothing to prepare them to win come tournament time.  You couple that will very little scheming, below average decision making, and literally no player development and what you end up with is a team that annually gets 24+ wins in the regular season and gets beat 1st/2nd round in the region...  This is evident if you look at our success against 9A since the privates left, the weak competition in 10A, and our amazingly good record out of district. 

How many did MTCS lose last year... I saw them play once at CA, they looked pretty tough...