Week 10: Bye @ Oneida

crow

Oneida folk, you don't want what happened to us happen to you. Other than having a gold ball, cloudland at one time stood at the pinnacle of winning tradition. We were in the gold ball talk every year. It all ended after 2003. The staff that led those teams are 10 miles away at a school that now contends for a gold ball. We've had mediocre seasons ever since. You've got to keep that Lambert and that good staff together. Don't let a tough season tear you all apart.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not that gloom and doom, King.  I haven't heard any talk ill of Coach Lambert and it would take an idiot to come to the conclusion that he isn't the right fit.  (HE IS....)  I'll put it like this....there is a farmer and a mule.  They both have roles in plowing the field.  Obviously, the farmer has the knowledge and knowhow to get what needs to be done.  The mule, on the other hand, is responsible for getting the "muscle" stuff done and at times, he can be a stubborn animal that sometimes tends to veer off task at times.  One thing I know:  If the mule decides something it isn't willing to do, then even the craftiest farmer is going to have his hands full. 

Too many mules looking at themselves instead of saying look at us.  Of course that is just my opinion and I'm not throwing it on anyone else.....that is just what I see.  In a team game, the focus should be on the team.  And if one don't plow.....well, that's what you get.

Kazzeeter

This is an easy problem to diagnose after nearly a season of observation. It has been said by me as well as others. Expectations are high around these parts but from time to time these sort of seasons happen. Let us remember just 5 years ago we missed the playoffs. 6 years before that we missed them again. We are in the real season this year and gonna play for 3rd in a dang tough region in a little over a week, sitting at 6-3 with those 3 all likely playoff teams and a couple playing for the region title. At least one of our 4 is expected to make some noise in November. It's still a pretty good season by most accounts and a lot of programs would be thrilled with our results to this point let alone knowing they get at least 1 November game. To be honest looking back I feel a little ashamed about whining over this season. Maybe we're all a little spoiled ya know. Regardless of what's happening on Friday nights, look at what this staff and these players are doing the rest of the week. These men are being a great example to thes boys. Some of them it's the only example they have of how to become a man. It's really quite petty how I have acted at times this season to be honest and unfortunately I haven't been alone. Maybe some fans, myself included, need a gut check as well. Easy to say the boys need one but maybe us fans need a little soul searching ourselves and ask not are the boys giving their all but instead ask if we're giving ours. Food for thought.

Points well taken. There was a farmer who plowed the fields in roan mountain. Funny thing is this farmer always had the best team of mules. He was willing to always sacrifice his time to drive and get those mules when they didn't have a way to the field. He also was willing to climb to the top of the apple tree to get the best fruits. He hated to see good fruit rotting on a tree. He also hated seeing a good mule just standing in a stable. The mule didn't know how useful he could be til he was affinalist for a big prize in 1996. He even saw mules in other counties that weren't being used and brought them into the fold. People wondered how that farmer was always one upping them at the harvest. Some even grew jealous until they run him off to a different pasture. They didn't realize that you can change the pasture and the team of mules but you can't change the farmer. That farmer picked up where he left off in a different pasture. The pasture he left behind has had different farmers but they are the kind who pick fruit from the bottom branches and just leave all the good ones hanging at the top. They are satisfied with a certain team of mules and often leave the best animal in the stable. The good book says you reap what you sow. The old farmer always sowed his seed on good ground and reaped a good crop. If you sow on rocky ground, the rain will come and wash the seeds away.

This is an easy problem to diagnose after nearly a season of observation. It has been said by me as well as others. Expectations are high around these parts but from time to time these sort of seasons happen. Let us remember just 5 years ago we missed the playoffs. 6 years before that we missed them again. We are in the real season this year and gonna play for 3rd in a dang tough region in a little over a week, sitting at 6-3 with those 3 all likely playoff teams and a couple playing for the region title. At least one of our 4 is expected to make some noise in November. It's still a pretty good season by most accounts and a lot of programs would be thrilled with our results to this point let alone knowing they get at least 1 November game. To be honest looking back I feel a little ashamed about whining over this season. Maybe we're all a little spoiled ya know. Regardless of what's happening on Friday nights, look at what this staff and these players are doing the rest of the week. These men are being a great example to thes boys. Some of them it's the only example they have of how to become a man. It's really quite petty how I have acted at times this season to be honest and unfortunately I haven't been alone. Maybe some fans, myself included, need a gut check as well. Easy to say the boys need one but maybe us fans need a little soul searching ourselves and ask not are the boys giving their all but instead ask if we're giving ours. Food for thought.

I feel like you should've ended this post with a

ff31py.png

I feel like  I should sit up straighter and pay a little more attention on Sundays.  Heck, if King had of delivered that at my church he would have gotten everyone's undivided attention.  Nothing leaves a better mark on a man than to listen to the truth.  For my part.....I think Tony Lambert is a heck of a farmer and his mules ain't done yet.....maybe we get the harvest done anyways.  And if not, we'll be happy and content with what we did get.  It a shame to see sports in so many different lights.  Football being king just means the light shines a little brighter there.

Kaz

I remember a 5 and 5 Livingston team winning a gold ball a out 10 years back they beat a couple teams that waxed them during the regular season (Fulton and catholic) in the playoffs. Its not over till the fat lady sings!

That's a dang good point. I had forgot about that team. CF went 6-4 last year and made it to the dance. It's anyone's game. Oneida could very well get hot and start peaking now.

That's a dang good point. I had forgot about that team. CF went 6-4 last year and made it to the dance. It's anyone's game. Oneida could very well get hot and start peaking now.

2 of those losses were to catholic and Notre Dame though. Now Oneida very well could find another gear offensively the next two weeks and make a run. Once it gets November, most of the time it comes down to who wants it more.

2 of those losses were to catholic and Notre Dame though. Now Oneida very well could find another gear offensively the next two weeks and make a run. Once it gets November, most of the time it comes down to who wants it more.

I absolutely see what you're saying but it wasn't like they were 8-2. A lot of people doubted CF because of their loses to GB and Oneida but they kept moving, got better and took care of business. I don't think anyone outside of CF gave them a chance to beat GB in the playoffs. Oneida will be in the same position in the fact that no one will give them a chance to win the second round. But it can happen.